Author Topic: GV's towering out ANYWHERE without giving up a kill  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: GV's towering out ANYWHERE without giving up a kill
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 03:01:49 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:26:36 AM by Skuzzy »
See Rule #4

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 03:40:24 PM »
Conversely,  and whether it's a bug or not I cannot say, if you actually shoot and hit a gv and he attempts to tower out, even on his own base, you will get the kill.

You actually have to hit something first to get your proxies in this case.

But, I could be mistaken.  It's happened to me.  Your results may vary.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2010, 06:25:21 PM »
Conversely,  and whether it's a bug or not I cannot say, if you actually shoot and hit a gv and he attempts to tower out, even on his own base, you will get the kill.

You actually have to hit something first to get your proxies in this case.

But, I could be mistaken.  It's happened to me.  Your results may vary.

wrongway

Unless he is on pavement and completely stopped.  If he isn't on pavement and you are within 3k of his position and he towers, you will 'shoot him down' and he will get a ditch.  Also if he is moving whether on pavement or not regardless of your position, he will get a ditch (and you will shoot him down).

If he is on friendly pavement, completely stopped, and ends his sortie REGARDLESS of damage he will get a successful landing and you will NOT get credit for shooting him down.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2010, 07:28:27 PM »
I will auger anywhere as soon as I hear the bombs falling if on my base I either get ditch or landing anywhere else is a proxie kill.  Weird.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 12:19:27 AM »
Actually if you drive away from an enemy and get at least 5K away and come to a full stop, you can tower and get a "land successfully" message. Done it a few times when out of ammo and no way to get home.

Offline GUNS06

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 05:05:29 PM »
I've towered out 5K away from a base before as well and landed successfully, but it wasn't with a guy dive bombing and with a bomb in the air. I gave up proxy kills by driving back to the GV spawn and trying to tower out with a plane just circling the spawn....and done that MANY times. so if it works ONE way.....but not the other....WHY?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 05:13:56 PM »
I've towered out 5K away from a base before as well and landed successfully, but it wasn't with a guy dive bombing and with a bomb in the air. I gave up proxy kills by driving back to the GV spawn and trying to tower out with a plane just circling the spawn....and done that MANY times. so if it works ONE way.....but not the other....WHY?

Ok one final time:

It depends if you are in friendly or if you are in enemy terrtory

FRIENDLY TERRITORY= closest base is a friendly one
in that case you can always "ditch" if you are undamaged, even if enemy is circling overhead

ENEMY TERRITORY = closest base is an enemy base
in this case, you will give the enemy thats overhead a proxy kill and you get a "captured"
if no enemy is around at all, you will get "landed"

In the OP example, I was closer to my own than to an enemy base all the time = friendly territory
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:16:16 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline GUNS06

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 06:09:55 PM »
ok...final time....BUG

you are inside BOTH dar circles you towered out with a bomb in the air at a SPAWN 15 TIMES and you got a DITCH when it should have been a prox kill
 plain and simple....it's a BUG

just like when you hid IN the bridge and were able to get kills and no one could shoot you because  you were UNDERGROUND

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 06:26:20 PM »
ok...final time....BUG

you are inside BOTH dar circles you towered out with a bomb in the air at a SPAWN 15 TIMES and you got a DITCH when it should have been a prox kill
 plain and simple....it's a BUG

Sigh

Dar circles are simply that: Radar circles.

You can have only one base that is the closest one. If two bases are very close, their dar circles will overlap... but that does not have an influence.
Only one base is the closest one. Now load that map and take a look at the GV spawns of that two bases: You will notice that they are still closer to the own base than to the enemy one. Hence. Friendly territory. Hence: Ditch.

It's the very same mechanism that decides if you get a ditch or "captured" in a plane: Ownership of the closest base decides if it's a ditch or a capture. Ever ditched next to a friendly TF while still inside enemy base dar circel? See - that's the same thing

And the difference between enemy & friendly territory is a game design descision. If you want GV'S to give out proxy kills on home turf ->  wish list.

That's where it happened. GV spawn V135. I was spawning from 135 S to battle enemy tanks. You were circling overhead to get some easy GV kills by bombing tanks battling below..
On the picture you can clearly see that the spawn area S V135 is still closer to V135 than to V136.

Same would apply to anyone spawning from V136 to the north: He would still be in friendly territory, because that spawn point is closer to V136 than to (enemy) base V 135
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 07:31:55 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 07:28:34 PM »
Maybe if you create a pie chart he might understand.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline GUNS06

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2010, 09:35:37 PM »
SIGH.....I'm very happy for you, you know EXACTLY what the bug is and how to use it to your advantage...it's a BUG  you can keep explaining all you want...a BUG...is a BUG....is a BUG

if you try and land at ANY OTHER spawns with a plane dropping a BOMB on you, it's a proxy kill

there should be NO difference you found a loophole and you're trying to make it sound legit because you can screw an attack pilot out of a kill...that's all it is.
 when you can tower out over  FIFTEEN TIMES to avoid a bomb at a SPAWN that is OFF THE BASE YOU ARE SPAWNING FROM  and never give up a proxy kill there is a BUG.

crap wrapped up in shiny paper is STILL crap.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2010, 10:00:14 PM »
SIGH.....I'm very happy for you, you know EXACTLY what the bug is and how to use it to your advantage...it's a BUG  you can keep explaining all you want...a BUG...is a BUG....is a BUG

if you try and land at ANY OTHER spawns with a plane dropping a BOMB on you, it's a proxy kill

there should be NO difference you found a loophole and you're trying to make it sound legit because you can screw an attack pilot out of a kill...that's all it is.
 when you can tower out over  FIFTEEN TIMES to avoid a bomb at a SPAWN that is OFF THE BASE YOU ARE SPAWNING FROM  and never give up a proxy kill there is a BUG.

crap wrapped up in shiny paper is STILL crap.

It isn't a bug, I really don't know why it's so hard for you to understand this.  If you exit your GV and you are in the sphere of your base it will count as a ditch (if you are undamaged) and not a capture or a death.  However, if you were to exit out in the sphere of the enemy base, it will count as a capture/death.  It really is that simple and shouldn't be hard to grasp for even the most intelligent starved individual.

The problem is that you don't have a very good knowledge of the game mechanics in AH and because you don't understand how things work, you're very quick to call "BUG!" or even imply people are cheating.

ack-ack

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2010, 11:29:27 PM »
Hint: game mechanics= gaming the game in this case.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 12:10:45 AM »
Hint: game mechanics= gaming the game in this case.

Semp

Not at all.  The game mechanics has nothing to do with towering out to avoid being killed.  The game mechanics is how the game works as designed and as designed those that exit out within the sphere of their base is scored as a ditch while those that exit out in the sphere of an enemy base scores it as a capture/death.  Towering out to avoid being bombed is just gaming the game but we all do lame things once in awhile.  In any case, the OP is totally incorrect it is not a bug.

ack-ack

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 12:18:47 AM »
I dont agree at all ack-ack I mean trying to figure out which is more lame (towering or bomb****ing)... thats going to take more than a single piechart for sure!  :aok

I really thought that unless you were on concrete it was impossible to tower unless all enemies were 6k away or further In fact if it isnt that way I think it should be... somebody make a wish!  :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.