Author Topic: x53  (Read 1692 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: x53
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 09:05:53 AM »
Because it was crap. Broke quickly. Never had a similar experience with all my Saiteks. Ch ergonomics ain't stellar either. Just for the record, I would not be able to use CH pedals at all, the spacing is not wide enough for my long legs.
i've never had any problems with my (Flightstick Pro) not the fighterstick, and my Pro Throttle hasnt had any problems over the years. I understand the pedal problem though although i havent had problems here too. Any problems i should look out for?
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
Re: x53
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 11:29:28 AM »
Because it was crap. Broke quickly. Never had a similar experience with all my Saiteks. Ch ergonomics ain't stellar either. Just for the record, I would not be able to use CH pedals at all, the spacing is not wide enough for my long legs.

When I first started playing this game I purchased the entire X-52 setup, including peddles.  After six months of the constant spiking, loosing calibrations, and then finally having a hat switch go bad, I ordered the CH Fighter Stick and Throttle.  Note, I tried using the X-52 with and without the software, I had the same results.  After the first 30 seconds of playing with the CH setup, I knew I wasted my money on the X-52. 

Now jump a couple of years later, my CH stick and throttle are going strong, with the one exception of a sticky hat switch a couple of month ago, that was corrected by taking apart and cleaning the switch.

So you may think the CH setup is crap, but like opinions mean anything, I do differ and offer my opinion from personal experience that the X-52 is a piece of crap.

I did keep the peddles, they seem to work fine.   :D

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook