Author Topic: Joystick problem  (Read 560 times)

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
Joystick problem
« on: November 26, 2000, 09:58:00 PM »
I don't know if this is an AH problem or a stick problem.  I just got a Sidewinder PP2, USB and it works great in the game except for one thing:  AH only recognizes 6 of the 8 buttons.  I checked the controller panel in Windows and it recognizes all 8 buttons.  Not a very big deal, but it is kind of inconvienient having to use the keyboard for flaps.

My system:
P3-866
128 MB ram
G-Force2
Windows ME
DX 8

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-math

------------------
"Any American fighter near Orote Penninsula.  I have forty Jap planes surrounded and need a little help."
-Ens. W.B. "Spider" Webb during the Marians Turkey Shoot

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Joystick problem
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2000, 07:34:00 AM »
Strange, I use the exact same stick and use all 8 buttons in AH with no problems.

When you go into the Setup and stick mapping area in AH does anything happen when you push button 7 or 8?

BTW, there is one weird shift button on this stick that seems to do nothing for me.  I don't know what it is supposed to do, but I can't map it in AH.  I think it will only work with the SW profiler thingy.  I think it's supposed to be a Shift button to allow a second set of commands for all the buttons on the stick, but I haven't gotten it working.  Shame, I'd like to use it as the UP button.  I'll have to try out the profiler and see if I can get it running.

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"My P-47 is a pretty good ship, she took a round coming 'cross the Channel last trip.
Just thinking 'bout my baby and lettin' her rip, always got me through so far."
 - Steve Earl

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
Joystick problem
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2000, 02:10:00 PM »
I had something like this for a problem till I realized I hadn't finished up the install on the USB part of the stick install.  Once I reran the install proggie for the PP2 USB it asked for my winblows cd and grabbed something from it. After a reboot magic everything on the stick worked properly!

GLuck!
S!
Rocket

Offline Rickenbacker

• Zinc Member
Joystick problem
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2000, 10:35:00 PM »
Leph, that is indeed the shift button, and it only works with the Sidewinder Programming thingy. I don't think people really noticed it was there, as it's been removed from all the new models. Oh, and it doesn't work with the hat switch  .

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Joystick problem
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2000, 11:22:00 PM »
Sure hope u have disabled any profiles Mathman..
I use old MS Prec Pro, I map the shift button to change sec weapons.  A button to look down, B button to look up, which allows you to use the hat at the same time.

AKSKurj

[This message has been edited by SKurj (edited 11-27-2000).]