Author Topic: HiTech, your thoughs about removing Titanic Tuesday...  (Read 8599 times)

Offline palef

• Gold Member
Re: HiTech, your thoughs about removing Titanic Tuesday...
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2010, 06:55:08 PM »
Oh come now.  It doesn't take hours to get into the full arena where all the bestest and coolestests poeple fly and sit in the hanger swapping recipes.

Persistence.  Ten minutes tops.

wrongway

I documented a 4 hour wait and sent it to Hitech. I've had no reply to date. This happens more often than you'd imagine. I can open and close AH repeatedly trying to find a point where I can get in and the arena where you guys are will range in anything from the exact cap to 50 over the cap. It is not isolated. I got discoed yesterday and then gave up trying to get back in when the same thing happened for 20 minutes.
Retired

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2010, 07:04:50 PM »
Most people will not have a problem.  The ones that do, make a lot of noise.  They really are a small percentage of the overall population.  They just sound like a big number.

hehe.

I've made that exact same argument on a number of issues over the years.
Alot of people refuse to buy it no matter how true it is.   ;)
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2010, 07:08:21 PM »
ALT F4
 :bolt: :bolt:

<G>

LOL you arent part of the game unless you've fallen for it.

I've even seen a couple of vets fall for it.

I always liked the "ha ha, very funny" response they type out when they realize they've been duped come back in.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2010, 07:09:55 PM »
I documented a 4 hour wait and sent it to Hitech. I've had no reply to date. This happens more often than you'd imagine. I can open and close AH repeatedly trying to find a point where I can get in and the arena where you guys are will range in anything from the exact cap to 50 over the cap. It is not isolated. I got discoed yesterday and then gave up trying to get back in when the same thing happened for 20 minutes.

Try entering and exiting a different arena instead of closing AH
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2010, 07:16:35 PM »
I can open and close AH repeatedly trying to find a point where I can get in

It is better to log into the smaller arena, wait a min-2 and then log back out to check if the #'s change.

By doing so you help change the arena numbers.

Is my squad the only one that will change arenas en mass to fly with a squaddie that can't get into a full arena?
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2010, 07:19:07 PM »
Try entering and exiting a different arena instead of closing AH

Done that. Doesn't work either.
Retired

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2010, 07:25:41 PM »
No Lute its not, but I don't believe that good squadrons like that are all that common either.

Personally I don't ever fly TT, for all the reasons listed, including the cess pool.
I think the answer is to cap the mains at 250, and if it reaches that, lock that arena and open another one with a different map.

So on a busy knight you could have 3,4, or perhaps 5 Late wars.

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2010, 07:31:21 PM »

Is my squad the only one that will change arenas en mass to fly with a squaddie that can't get into a full arena?
I wouldn't ask mine to do that. I'm not that selfish. Thing is they would if I asked, but me not being able to get into an arena is my problem not theirs.
Retired

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2010, 07:40:32 PM »
TT is the day one I always make plans to PLAY.

The toxic social environment isn't because of TT... it's because of Ch. 200 and maybe these forums.

Cav
Has nothing to do with 200 and nothing to do with the forums.  Once country numbers reach a certain point, you cannot communicate due to chat buffer updating speed simply due to the country channel.  It doesn't help that you inevitably get a few morons who think it is a good idea to share their "wisdom" about whatever their cause de jour is.  That sets off an argument and presto, Country Channel is the same as 200, except it can't be detuned.

While that may be fine for us long time players who are here for the fights, it does dissuade new players on their trials from forking over money to keep playing. You can't just tell them to suck it up and deal either, that just doesn't work.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2010, 08:46:27 PM »
More people = a social cess pool

Been there, done that.

Interesting, so is it HTC's intention on starting a 3rd LW arena once the customer base grows?  According to the powers that be the major reason we have caps with split arenas is the customer base was not growing..... 
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2010, 09:09:26 PM »
Interesting, so is it HTC's intention on starting a 3rd LW arena once the customer base grows?  According to the powers that be the major reason we have caps with split arenas is the customer base was not growing..... 

Yes if needed.

HiTec

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2010, 09:12:29 PM »
Yes if needed.

HiTec
Name change? Just remember you have to keep it for 30 days :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2010, 09:22:45 PM »
Yes if needed.

HiTec
on a personal note HiTech i think you're to that point, although i cannot see your numbers i can see its effect and i may be off base but is it be time to add another large map rotation with the same exact maps as orange? whenever i log in the cap is to the brink in one arena and the blue arena is very unpopular most times... yes we can fly in Blue but almost NO one wants the easier way out therefore we get the whining about the LW arena caps, so why not add a second large map rotation?
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2010, 09:29:01 PM »
Name change? Just remember you have to keep it for 30 days :aok

What is your "target" number of max players per arena then?  I would say that arena cap should be dictated by the size of the map as well.  Why have a 100 player cap on the larger maps. 
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2010, 09:33:41 PM »
No it is not.  Total arena numbers are lower for TT than any other night of the week.  It does exactly what we knew it would do and what we witnessed before we switched to the split arenas.

Nope.  It is quantifiable.  You can chose not to believe that, but that does not make any less of a truth.  Do you really think we sit around here trying to find ways to piss off the customer base?

the numbers are down because its on a TUESDAY. dont think u sit around finding ways to piss people off, i do think you're good at building a great game BUT also dont think u guys are skilled in expansion either. Considering you've been around for over a decade, been in the business for nearly 2 and still have a relatively small following.
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9