Author Topic: slow frame rate need help  (Read 506 times)

Offline av8or

• Copper Member
slow frame rate need help
« on: April 13, 2000, 12:27:00 AM »
i have got a compaq presario c-433 standard computer stock everything i just want some insight on what i can do to upgrade and what to get that will help my frame rate any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2000, 08:05:00 AM »
 Don't take me to task on this nor am I definate but the Compaq Presario models usually come with a minimal 3D capable card and a metsa-metsa sound card. And quite often the systme memory is shared between running apps and for the vid card.
 I added a Voodoo II  to my brother in laws system and it help ALOT.  
 You might want to run DX7A's DXDiag and check out what drivers you have for the vid and sound card. That will help you determine the actual manufacturer for those items.
 Also what are the system specs?  How much memort do you have? 32, 64 or more MB? AGP port? All that fun stuff.
 Once you post what you have then folks can offer advice on what they recommend you might want to upgrade.

---Westy

Offline av8or

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2000, 07:00:00 PM »
i have a compaq 5352 with the intel celeron 433-with 96 megs of ram.i am really bad with computers and do really know what else to look for but i am pretty sure that i have the low end video card.if anybody can tell me where to look i will find out info and post it or maybe someplace that i can goto to get the right cards or what ever i need to get better preformance.