Author Topic: Seems kinda simple to solve the problem with arena caps  (Read 2705 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Seems kinda simple to solve the problem with arena caps
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2010, 09:40:22 AM »
A squaddie suggested maybe HTC could come up with an arena that you can only crop dust and take bases, that way there is no combat.  The squads that do this sort of stuff would love it! :aok
I thought that was the EW arena. Wait no, I forgot that's the milkrun perk building arena.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2010, 10:53:30 AM »

And I find it asinine how many people complain about the hordes they see/hear on a map, yet don't get their squaddies together to stop it.
:aok
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2010, 11:27:21 AM »
And I find it asinine how many people complain about the hordes they see/hear on a map, yet don't get their squaddies together to stop it.  NOE horde?  Still needs to get to the base, which by that time has been flashing, for at least 120 seconds.

nice idea, but when I logged from LWO last night it was 140ish bishrooks "fighting" about 50 Knits. we got our squad together, but theres only so much you can do facing almost 1v3 odds with just a minor ENY restriction. you cant stop that.

likewise the large NOEs - 2mins from the base flashing til theyre all over it (@300mph). great if you're all sitting in the tower watching the map so you can up 10 guys at once to defend, otherwise unstoppable.

edit: the design of the current LWO map (trinity?) doesnt help either - one side getting ganged is inevitable on that map.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 11:29:23 AM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2010, 11:31:16 AM »
And I find it asinine how many people complain about the hordes they see/hear on a map, yet don't get their squaddies together to stop it.  NOE horde?  Still needs to get to the base, which by that time has been flashing, for at least 120 seconds.  

Hello Llogan,

You know I am a scrapper always have been always will be.  I holler out to the Pigs whenever I spot an incoming horde.  It can take several minutes to get everybody at one location and oriented.  Even if I got all 8-10 Pigs upped in time, we are still usually looking at 3-1 odds with some of these raids.

Good example last night:  I see the base flashing, up a WW to see no less than 25 planes inbound.  I killed 9 outright (landed them kills).  VonMessa witnessed.  Upped again and killed 5 more and the base was taken.  Total time from flash to base take was about 3 minutes.  NOE with overwhelming numbers is near impossible to defend against. I called out to the five Pigs that were on, and two got there and upped before base was taken.

So asinine and complaining?  I think not.  I want to get the fight on.  The squadrons that run these raids do not.

:salute

Way

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2010, 11:32:49 AM »
I want to get the fight on.  The squadrons that run these raids do not.

:aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2010, 12:01:56 PM »
sorry but it's a bad idea.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2010, 01:21:20 PM »
I totally hear where you coming from Holmes, my statement was based more on peak times where there usually equal numbers.   :salute 

nice idea, but when I logged from LWO last night it was 140ish bishrooks "fighting" about 50 Knits. we got our squad together, but theres only so much you can do facing almost 1v3 odds with just a minor ENY restriction. you cant stop that.
likewise the large NOEs - 2mins from the base flashing til theyre all over it (@300mph). great if you're all sitting in the tower watching the map so you can up 10 guys at once to defend, otherwise unstoppable.

You should know better... Never would I say such things about you personally.... :)  I just mean 7 out of 10 of the whiners are the ones that would not up.  Most of you Pigs are a class act and not afraid.   :aok
So asinine and complaining?  I think not.  I want to get the fight on.  The squadrons that run these raids do not.

:salute

Way
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2010, 01:23:47 PM »
Double post
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 01:43:04 PM by LLogann »
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2010, 05:22:41 PM »
kind of worked this evening,

the map was smaller in blue and we jumped in with about 50 guys in the arena,  started a ding dong furball between  A39 / 49 with rooks and had 3 hours of constant fighting.

Would like to have said the fights were fair and well fought but it was a kill or be killed MA style cluster that some can't handle.  :salute
The Few ***
F.P.H