Author Topic: Tank Warz 5/28/10  (Read 3579 times)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Re: Tank Warz 5/28/10
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 11:33:40 AM »
Why not just generate a GV mission night similar to the Bomber night that is being setup for this Wednesday in a historically-BASED setup?
的t's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 11:36:16 AM »
Bug...the current setup does not conducive ground battles...take a close look at the writeup then look at the base setups and the vehicle spawns...like almost all of the setups it's geared toward dogfights unless someone just happens to jump in that wants to do a bombing run...to be honest it looks like it was just popped on the arena out of lack of anything else to do.

Dawger...before you go preaching to the choir, as you noted - customer base...and it just so happens that the bigger customer base includes more than just furball fighter jock super toon aces...for 90% of the setups the focus is on dogfighting which leads to furballing which appeals to just one group of people and regardless of how that group of people feels, the AvA is not their personal playground. There are at least 3 people in the AvA group who either run businesses or manage businesses...I'm pretty sure they have a good lock on marketing and management.

If you look closely at Jaegers write up...there are aircraft involved, so if you really want to dogfight, I'm very sure there are going to be people that are more than willing to oblige you.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 11:40:57 AM »
Bug...the current setup does not conducive ground battles...take a close look at the writeup then look at the base setups and the vehicle spawns...like almost all of the setups it's geared toward dogfights unless someone just happens to jump in that wants to do a bombing run...to be honest it looks like it was just popped on the arena out of lack of anything else to do.

Dawger...before you go preaching to the choir, as you noted - customer base...and it just so happens that the bigger customer base includes more than just furball fighter jock super toon aces...for 90% of the setups the focus is on dogfighting which leads to furballing which appeals to just one group of people and regardless of how that group of people feels, the AvA is not their personal playground. There are at least 3 people in the AvA group who either run businesses or manage businesses...I'm pretty sure they have a good lock on marketing and management.

If you look closely at Jaegers write up...there are aircraft involved, so if you really want to dogfight, I'm very sure there are going to be people that are more than willing to oblige you.

There are GV battle areas clearly defined with red hash marks on the Finland map.  There are main battle tanks for each side.  How is that not conducive?  Is it because people have a choice and the majority chose to fly planes in a combat flight simulator?  Perish the thought.

Let's pretend I am incapable of "taking a close look".  Spell it out for me.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:43:24 AM by TheBug »
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 11:43:38 AM »
You can drive a tank in the current setup.  How come you're not there this week?
how come i have to be? :headscratch: and didnt you just say nobody fought GVs in Finland anyways?
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 11:45:42 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 01:15:13 PM by Skuzzy »
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 11:49:26 AM »
bug...youre joking right? i'm all for historical setups but dont you think that those historically accurate setups wont work until a larger base of players are attracted to the ARENA? you know...the one that only gets 30 online at its best? i WANT the setups to work. but they wont until people tchoose to play in a historic fashion instead of furballing every single map there is
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 11:52:31 AM »
Enjoy <S>
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 11:54:40 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 01:15:31 PM by Skuzzy »
jarhed  

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 12:01:22 PM »
It's HTC property...

Agreed.  

From HTC's website:

"The Axis versus Allies arena is set up for historical gameplay.  There is a two sided war, a limited plane set, and reduced radar."

« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:03:31 PM by TheBug »
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 12:05:58 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 01:15:58 PM by Skuzzy »
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 12:16:54 PM »

So you don't want furballing every setup yet Jaeger only provides furballing airplanes in Jaeger's tAnK wArZZZ. If one wants to simulate WWII GV war take out the air superiority fighters and put in some nice ground attack aircraft.
Jaeger's setup splits the fight into two groups, those who wish to furball and those who wish to drive tanks. Jaeger does this I presume so that the GV drivers don't have to worry about getting bombs dropped on them. So Jaeger has limited the choice to drive a vehicle or furball.

The AvA should be on a published schedule that is made public a year in advance, not the silliness we have now.

It isn't hard to write 26 historic setups . I know. I've done it and the thousands of lines of scripting code that made them come alive.

NOTE: 26 because I believe the AvA should be on a 2 week cycle but if you insist on changing weekly then you just end up running the same setup twice a year. Piece of cake.

EDITED to correct misattribution of blame
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:32:52 PM by Dawger »

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 12:21:41 PM »
So you don't want furballing every setup yet you only provide furballing airplanes in your tAnK wArZZZ. You want to simulate WWII GV war take out the air superiority fighters and put in some nice ground attack aircraft.

Your setup splits the fight into two groups, those who wish to furball and those who wish to drive tanks. You do this I presume so that the GV drivers don't have to worry about getting bombs dropped on them. So you have limited the choice to drive a vehicle or furball.

The AvA should be on a published schedule that is made public a year in advance, not the silliness we have now.

It isn't hard to write 26 historic setups . I know. I've done it and the thousands of lines of scripting code that made them come alive.

NOTE: 26 because I believe the AvA should be on a 2 week cycle but if you insist on changing weekly then you just end up running the same setup twice a year. Piece of cake.

nice idea dawg +1
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 12:27:00 PM »
Dawger this isn't Gyrene's setup idea so the limits of  the airpower on it have nothing to do with him.

So you don't want furballing every setup yet you only provide furballing airplanes in your tAnK wArZZZ. You want to simulate WWII GV war take out the air superiority fighters and put in some nice ground attack aircraft.

Your setup splits the fight into two groups, those who wish to furball and those who wish to drive tanks. You do this I presume so that the GV drivers don't have to worry about getting bombs dropped on them. So you have limited the choice to drive a vehicle or furball.

As for the rest of your post. I couldn't agree more.  :aok
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:33:04 PM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 12:33:39 PM »
Dawger this isn't Gyrene's setup idea so the limits of  the airpower on it have nothing to do with him.

As for the rest of your post. I couldn't agree more.  :aok

Sorry gyrene. I went back and fixed it.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 01:04:33 PM »
Sorry gyrene. I went back and fixed it.
No worries man. Just trying to keep an open mind.

Everyone...mantra time...hhhhhmmmmmmmm...uuummm mmm...rama lama ding dong diddy.
jarhed