Author Topic: XFX HD5770  (Read 261 times)

Offline Mcclusky

• Zinc Member
XFX HD5770
« on: May 27, 2010, 07:46:06 AM »
I had posted this Topic under HD5770 Need Help,,I felt it was important to give it its own post.
I had a problem with the XFX HD5770.. I wanted to use the eyeinfinity for three monitors..The card didnt
work..This is the response from XFX and all should read before you purchase this card or HD5000 series...
I'm planning on upgrading the mobo..

This card requires a 6 pin poiwer connection that a 300W power supply will not have. We recommend a 400W at minimum and it must have the six pin PCIE power connection. Some motherboards require a BIOS update to work with the new PCIE 2.1 cards. The entire 5000 series line is PCIE 2.1. The problem that we have seen is that because many of these boards are older and the manufacturer of the motherboard had dropped support for them before ever updating to include support for these upcoming features. I am yet to see a single socket 754 motherboard work with a PCIE 2.1 card. You can check the motherboard manufacturer`s website for an update but I feel that it still will not work with this motherboard and would be severely bottlenecked by all of the other hardware that is in the computer. Thank you. Mark

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: XFX HD5770
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 07:56:21 AM »
What motherboards is he talking about?  I have yet to have any troubles with a PCIE 2.1 card in any of my Socket 754 motherboards.  After all, they are backward compatible, unless the video card manufacturer is run by numpties.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Mcclusky

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 08:06:55 AM »
LOL,,that is the reply I got directly from XFX,,,,The HD4650 worked great...but it seems that the 5000 wont work...

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 09:32:14 AM »
Wait a minute.  I lied.  Too early, not enough coffee.  I read "Socket 754" and saw "LGA 775".  My bad.  Maybe it is an NVidia chipset thing then.  Intel chipsets seem happy to comply.

I would never have an AMD based system.  Just a DOH! moment.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com