Author Topic: No Enemy Icons  (Read 618 times)

Offline USBP1969

• Zinc Member
No Enemy Icons
« on: May 27, 2010, 12:03:08 PM »
Hello Gentlemen.

Flew last night in AvA.  Radar, because of base overlap, was “all seeing” above 250 feet, and there were no enemy icons.

“What a hoot!”  I lost a well-camouflaged enemy fighter three times at low level.  Additionally, I did not know what enemy aircraft I was facing until the merge.  Later the radar went down and that pretty much shut down the combat.  Big difference!

This is very close to the standard setup I flew many years ago in Fighter Ace 2.0 in the “Realistic” Arena.

I really feel, that with the numbers being what they are, that setup could be great for both Early and Mid War arenas.

Respectfully.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
Re: No Enemy Icons
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 12:16:12 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it. The AvA seems uniquely suited for this setting, because of the country specific plane sets.

That's probably where that type of set-up will confined to.

Bring all your friends!!!

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 12:26:20 PM »
It's the best change to hit the AvA for a while...thanks to a persistent suggestion by Nr Raven and Jaeger *ahem* "taking an initiative"...  :lol

FYI - do a search on enemy icons on the forums...you will see why it will never occur in the main arenas...and most likely never in any special events either. It's a dead subject by now everywhere else and useless to dredge up anywhere but in this area.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:30:23 PM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 12:38:31 PM »
I hate to give certain parties a reason to change it but no icons are the sole reason I'm back in AH and the AvA in particular

:neener:

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 12:46:37 PM »
I hate to give certain parties a reason to change it but no icons are the sole reason I'm back in AH and the AvA in particular
:neener:
:lol

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 01:59:40 PM »
without a reason to turn them back on, they'll stay off for the time being. enjoy!

Offline sparow

• Nickel Member
      • http://249sqn.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 05:13:31 PM »
Welcome to AvA USBP1969!

Yep, AvA is the place to be if you like to see the white of your foes eyes! Lately, I've surviving more because sand makes my eyes all red...

Spread the word and bring your friends. We sometimes have killshooter off too, we have friendly fire issues et all...

Cheers,
Sparow
249 Sqn RAF "Gold Coast"
Consistently beeing shot down since Tour 33 (MA) and Tour 8  (CT/AvA)

Visit us at http://249sqn.wordpress.com/