Author Topic: Film Viewer Instructions  (Read 1071 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Film Viewer Instructions
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 06:00:03 PM »
The AH2188.exe is the installer to patch your main game to version 2.18 patch8, so you certainly don't need that anymore if you've already patched yourself.  If you try to go online and your patch version is out of date, you can have it auto-download and install without having to explicitly download and install it yourself.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 07:41:32 PM »
I'm like skuzzy, start button, programs, AHII, AH Film Viewer always works for me.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 04:12:46 AM »
When I search for that file I get 0 results.  But I notice I do have two shortcuts on my desktop. I have been using only one of them to open the game, it's named Aces High. In properties type of file is "shortcut (.Ink)"  The other one is named AH2188 and in properties>type of file is "application EXE" When I open it I get an installation wizard.  I stop right there because I don't want to mess up the other one that is working fine except for the film viewer.   :rolleyes:

any suggestions?

Well the first one is the game shortcut
AH2188  is the download installer for version 2188

The film viewer is located in the start directory as AH film viewer or you can find it in hitechcreations > AH2 > it is the black ace of spade icon not the red one and it runs outside of game.

If you want to view the AH films start the AH film viewer and when you click the directory icon in the top left it should default to your game film folder.

Hope this helps!

:salute
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 06:49:22 PM »
Hey Refugee, if you have not worked this out already there is a method for linking the file to the film viewer. Right click the film file the click 'open with'. Then scroll through the list till you find the film viewer and click on that(you might have to hit the browse or search function to find AHfilmviewer). From then on, all AHfilms should open with the film viewer by default.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2010, 07:04:35 PM »
This Skuzzy guy is good, someone should give him a job.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2010, 07:15:26 PM »
my film viewer still wont work, and whats weird I try to take a screen shot but it wont take one of the film viewer while it's running. very strange.

I went into the AH folder, still wont work, it is now just a black screen, I can hear sound of film.

click on Thumbnail
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 07:21:59 PM by ink »