Author Topic: Collisions  (Read 5849 times)

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
Collisions
« on: May 29, 2010, 10:24:39 PM »
I think that when two planes collide and only one registers a collision both planes should still receive damage.
Its only fair since that if two planes to collide they should both receive damage from the collision.
IMHO you shouldn't be able to collide with out both planes receiving some sort of damage.

I've been on both sides of it. I've collided and gone down without a wing while the other plane flies away
with no damage at all.  I've also collided and watch the other guy go down while i went on with out damage.

So my wish is that if you collide but the other guy doesn't register a collision that he still comes away damaged
since the planes obviously had to make contact for a collision to register.
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Re: Collisions
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 10:30:26 PM »
(borrowed from Bronk)

Here are pics to demonstrate.
Tangle's external from his front end the moment of impact.

Same basic angle external, tangle's view from my front end moment of impact.

For  more info .... http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/lag/lag.htm

What you are asking for killer is a terrible idea.  

You would be flying NEAR opponents, not EVEN close to them, and take damage from a collision you never saw happen.  

Somehow that is a better idea?

You obviously didn't think this through.

Bottom line is don't hit them and collisions are a non issue.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 10:35:36 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 10:32:36 PM »
Actually your idea is very unfair, real-life doesn't have latency, the Internet does I'm afraid and AH's current setup with collisions probably the fairest way to go about it.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 10:35:49 PM »
I think that when two planes collide and only one registers a collision both planes should still receive damage.
Its only fair since that if two planes to collide they should both receive damage from the collision.
IMHO you shouldn't be able to collide with out both planes receiving some sort of damage.

I've been on both sides of it. I've collided and gone down without a wing while the other plane flies away
with no damage at all.  I've also collided and watch the other guy go down while i went on with out damage.

So my wish is that if you collide but the other guy doesn't register a collision that he still comes away damaged
since the planes obviously had to make contact for a collision to register.

So what you want is to go down if someone else collides with your plane but on your end you don't collide?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 10:37:23 PM »
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 11:32:20 PM »
If a collision happens then yes both planes should receive damage. I've seen those pics before but its still not right for one to be damaged and the other one not.
A collision is a collision and can only happen when two planes makes contact. Therefore yes i still believe both should be damaged.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 11:47:56 PM »
If a collision happens then yes both planes should receive damage. I've seen those pics before but its still not right for one to be damaged and the other one not.
A collision is a collision and can only happen when two planes makes contact. Therefore yes i still believe both should be damaged.

You are still not grasping what you really see on those pictures.
But let me question it this way:

You are flying the plane in front. The first picture, and ONLY the first one, shows what is happening on YOUR screen. Do you think you should get damage.

Or another example

You are the jug on the right. You see the P-51 behind you, never getting closer than this. See the small white message? "Lusche (the other player in that Pony) has collided with you.
Shoud YOU (The P-47) take damage?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 12:09:17 AM »

If your assumption held in the game then you would almost never have a collision. If you want to have collisions then you go right ahead and collide but I dont want your damage thanks.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 12:13:12 AM »
A collision is a collision and can only happen when two planes makes contact.

That is exactly what is going on right now and what we currently have in AcesHigh.

What you fail to grasp is that in a 1 on 1 fight there are not 2 planes, there are 4.

The two on your Front End and the two on your opponents.

Think of the pictures I all ready posted as examples representing both players Front Ends.

Go duel someone.

Both film it.

Have them send you the film.

Watch both films and you will see that the fight looks different even thought it is the same fight.

Click the link I posted to the Trainers website and read the whole article.  Heck, re-read it until it sinks in.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 01:23:02 AM »
I read it. But what about head on collisions? Like ones where one plane gets sent straight to the tower and the other flies away undamaged. That shouldn't be able to happen.

I hate being on the side that receives no damage just as bad as receiving damage. There's just no way a plane should be able to collide with another plane and not be damaged.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 01:30:11 AM »
I read it. But what about head on collisions? Like ones where one plane gets sent straight to the tower and the other flies away undamaged. That shouldn't be able to happen.

I hate being on the side that receives no damage just as bad as receiving damage. There's just no way a plane should be able to collide with another plane and not be damaged.

You understand that what you see can be completely different than what the other guy sees.  Let's say you quickly duck below a HO and clearly don't make contact, all of the sudden you're falling to the ground, that's fair?
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 01:53:10 AM »
You understand that what you see can be completely different than what the other guy sees.  Let's say you quickly duck below a HO and clearly don't make contact, all of the sudden you're falling to the ground, that's fair?

And its fair now for me to watch the other guy get sent to the tower while i continue on my way undamaged or vice versa?

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 01:54:58 AM »
I read it.
Obviously not because you then type...
But what about head on collisions? Like ones where one plane gets sent straight to the tower and the other flies away undamaged. That shouldn't be able to happen.
Read it again.

Keep at it until it sinks in.

I hasn't yet.

I might add that if you would stop trying to HO people you would be amazed at how much of a non-issue collisions become.
— George Patton

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 01:56:13 AM »
And its fair now for me to watch the other guy get sent to the tower while i continue on my way undamaged or vice versa?

Did you hit them?

Are you trying to say that you want want to take damage even though you never came in contact w/ your opponents plane?

So you MISS the guy, yet you still feel you should take damage anyway.

I know if I don't hit someone I for sure do not want to take damage.

Also, answer Snailmans question he posted.

Seriously, go look at the single pic and what he asked you.

Please post your reply.
— George Patton

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2010, 02:00:47 AM »
If your so intent on takeing damage even though a plane never actually hit you, when you see the collision message of someone else colliding with you continue to mash the "Enter" key until your in the tower as well.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil