Author Topic: Voice  (Read 417 times)

Offline dorabogue

• Zinc Member
Voice
« on: May 31, 2010, 12:56:42 PM »
Gawd, how I hate to have to ask this. Is there a way to tune Radio V to "country"? The only choices I see in the drop down box are "squad" and "mission". I've tried using 100, but I see no one there. Thanks.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Re: Voice
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 01:28:09 PM »
There isn't a global country channel.  You have two voice based radio's to work with, "channel" and "range".  The channel radio (Radio 5) will communicate with anyone tuned to it.  Squad and Mission are pretty self explanatory, but you can also tune to a numbered channel, 100-199 is limited to your current country, anyone on your country tuned to that station will hear you. 200-299 is global, anyone on ANY country tuned to it can hear you. 

The range voice (keyed with F12) will communicate with people in the same "room" although I will admit that I'm a little fuzzy on how the game determines what the room is. 

So to answer your question no, there isn't a default country wide vox. Considering how cluttered the text channel gets it's probably a good thing that there isn't.  In theory there COULD be one if everyone all agreed to tune to channel 101 (or any other channel 100-199). 
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Voice
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 02:22:58 PM »
The range voice (keyed with F12) will communicate with people in the same "room" although I will admit that I'm a little fuzzy on how the game determines what the room is. 

Range is anyone on your side within icon range.  "Room" is anyone who is in the same room in the same base (tower, hanger, O'Club, etc.)...OR anyone who spawned from the same base.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals