Author Topic: Option to hide C-47s from friendly radar  (Read 2734 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Option to hide C-47s from friendly radar
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2010, 04:35:59 PM »
You mean Heridity   :rofl

Or however he wrote it.  LOL

:salute

I didnt see that!!  I'm glad I didn't catch that when it happened because I would have suffocated with laughter...I never caught it!!  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2010, 06:36:27 PM »
I'd like to see us C-47 drivers be able to select an option where we are invisible to friendly radar when below normal radar coverage heights or (if that's tough to implement) at all times. Why? For the past couple of months on squad night when we fly against one unnamed country (it doesn't happen against the other) our C-47s that have landed early and are in hiding are methodically picked off by fighters. Sometimes they are located quite a distance from the action. What is disturbing is that the fighters fly directly to our landed and somewhat concealed C-47s without any prior hunting around. This is now the norm rather than the exception when flying against this one country on squad nights.

The obvious explanation for what is happening is that someone has two computers at their house and one of their computers is set to Aces High in my country. The guy with two computers then gives headings for his countrymen to attack targets that are registering on one radar screen but not the other. Stationary targets are a sure giveaway for C-47s. Someone is gaming the game and a modification to the Aces High program will remove this cheat.
Papafox

What else may be going on is that you have a spy in your ranks. You said its only been happening on squad night, correct? An unnamed squad (I would name it save for etiquette, and that I feel skuzzy would suspend me for it as an accusation of cheating) got a spy in a mission, and had him report the exact location, vector, and target of our mission. Sadly, no one thought to check the rosters for quite a while when a bunch of new faces started jumping in.

Really quite sad when some people have to cheat. For them, its all about the kills, and not how they are obtained. And perhaps they just like to ruin things for others. Why else would we have vandalism for the sake of vandalism? "I'm sorry, you don't break glass bottles in the street, and key random cars, so you aren't cool".
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2010, 01:23:22 AM »
The game already senses if you are on the ground  (limiting f3 mode in fighters) so why not turn off radar blips for all aircraft on the ground. (which would also be the most 'realistic' option as well)
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline PapaFox

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.barnstormer1.com
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2010, 03:48:24 AM »
Bcadoo,
Good point, why not?

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2010, 12:37:23 PM »
That ain't a bad idea at all.

The game already senses if you are on the ground  (limiting f3 mode in fighters) so why not turn off radar blips for all aircraft on the ground. (which would also be the most 'realistic' option as well)
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2010, 12:56:19 PM »

Good point, why not?
This is the main reason some guy getting his Joly's to keep enemy v-base flashing for ever with no intention of fighting or base capture.

You can see V-base in the back ground. This base was flashing for 45 minuets until I announced on 200 I was on my way to get rid of him he towered out when I got within 6k.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2010, 01:18:06 PM »
I'd like to see us C-47 drivers be able to select an option where we are invisible to friendly radar when below normal radar coverage heights or (if that's tough to implement) at all times.

Arenas can be set now such that all freindly ac below radar coverage height will not be visible on radar (just as is the case with enemy ac).  No COAD is required just an arena setting adjustment.

So the point is what would be the subsequent dissadvantages to game play if all freindly cons dissappeared below dar (ie not being able to see your own NOE missions on dar?)
Ludere Vincere

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2010, 02:25:08 PM »
Arenas can be set now such that all freindly ac below radar coverage height will not be visible on radar (just as is the case with enemy ac).  No COAD is required just an arena setting adjustment.

So the point is what would be the subsequent dissadvantages to game play if all freindly cons dissappeared below dar (ie not being able to see your own NOE missions on dar?)

You can't join the hoard if you don't know where it is.

:noid :cry :noid

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2010, 02:50:17 PM »
Apples and oranges sir.  Your point, although valid, has nothing to do with the Op's request.  Those fool's will still flash vBases for no reason.  IMHO

This is the main reason some guy getting his Joly's to keep enemy v-base flashing for ever with no intention of fighting or base capture.

You can see V-base in the back ground. This base was flashing for 45 minuets until I announced on 200 I was on my way to get rid of him he towered out when I got within 6k.

(Image removed from quote.)

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2010, 03:00:59 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
What's worse is the noob in the chute that you can't even see who thinks he'll get 'rescued'.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2010, 03:24:24 PM »
What's worse is the noob in the chute that you can't even see who thinks he'll get 'rescued'.

AFAIK that was changed some time ago (1+ yrs?), bailed pilots dont flash bases anymore..

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.