Author Topic: Memorial Flight Attackers  (Read 5320 times)

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
Re: Memorial Flight Attackers
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 08:02:30 AM »
lol this thread reminds me of this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 08:03:34 AM »
It will happen every time!I was in one during AW,and the guy behind me,in the flight  shot me,an  "A" of course.I asked him why he did it.He said he just couldn't stand a "B" being in front of him,and he lost it and had to shoot. You just can't get a arena to do something special like a Memorial Flight w/o some people messing it up it up.
 :salute Vega
Dobey

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 08:19:29 AM »
I actually got close to shooting one of these missions once.  I logged in, put on auto and went for a smoke.  When I came back I was very close to a huge formation of bombers.  As I got vis someone finally said something about the plane approaching the mission to not fire.  Read 200 more closely and joined the mission also.

However, if I did not have 200 tuned, someone would have taken some bullets.  That was when I was new and had no idea what these missions were.  Junky should know better.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 08:22:14 AM »
He does know better.  His earlier post was bs.

The VERY little respect I had for him is gone.
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 08:32:19 AM »

It was impossible to not know what was going on.  
 :salute  VEGA

Agreed.

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 08:37:27 AM »
I dunno...I would think a memorial flight that degenerated into a giant furball would be pretty cool if I was the one being memorialized.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2010, 08:41:17 AM »
lol this thread reminds me of this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw

I was just thinking of that, too.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 08:47:45 AM »

It was impossible to not know what was going on.  Text buffer was full of <S> VEGA's as well as the memorial flight's location being called out on 200.  

Not true.

Aces high has many players that have very little, or even no command of the English language. We have many players that are'nt only not tuned to 200, but simply log on, takeoff, go afk and come back to shoot whatever is in front of them without looking at the text chat at all.

I'm not defending anyone deliberately attacking that mission...

But by organizing that event in the MA, on a TT, and flying just overhead A1, the default starting field for everyone on that side is kinda proving the disgusting events I was witnessing yesterday.
It turned out exactly like I predicted. You can't make sure nobody will shoot, and once the bullets start to fly, behaviour goes downhill.
And it did. I saw "vets" in that memorial flight repeatedly typing out stuff like "I hope your mother dies". Truly a way to behave and show some dignity & respect that someone would expect. And  don't come with "but they did it first!"

We had some great services like that in SEA in the past, with a huge turnout. All kinds of trouble are very easy to avoid there. You have an arena message, and you have mods that can easily remove anyone causing trouble without causing a stir.
Doing this kind of things in a battle hotspot like V2-A1 is just asking for that kind of trouble. That may be sad, but that's the way it is, and a lot of guys should have known better.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 08:49:59 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2010, 08:54:48 AM »
I attacked that huge bomber mission. All due respect to your fallen friend, but for us that didnt know him and couldnt figure out WTF was going on by the idoits writing on 200, it was attack or be attacked.

:salute your fallin friend

<Finger> to all the turds who flame people for attacking that mission.

Junky and others, from what I gathered, the mission you attacked was NOT the memorial flight, but a large raid of rooks that bombed the Knight strat about an hour before the memorial flight was to take place. Some D-bags on the rook side, in the mission apparently, called it out as the memorial flight and said "don't attack us" and then others apparently 'in the know' came on immediately and said "no, that is NOT the memorial flight, it does not start for another hour." I saw you call out on 200 that you and the POTW were going after it. I was in the process of climbing to check it out as well.

I'll say right now you guys in that rook mission who tried to use the memorial flight as your "cover" are no less trash than the couple guys who shot up the real memorial flight. Shame on you.

I didn't know for sure one way or the other if the mission in question was or was not the memorial flight until I climbed to about 25K and got within icon range, and was immediately jumped by 2 P-47's, a P-51, and a F4U-4. So I feel pretty confident in my assessment that the Rook mission you attacked was NOT the memorial flight, Junky, not unless their intention was to bomb the Knight strat and shoot down any Knights who came near as part of the memorial.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2010, 09:45:57 AM »
The Pigs lost a good friend a year and half ago.  We held a private memorial flight/21 gun salute in the TA.  Amazingly, no one shot at us or interrupted... :headscratch:  This event should never have been held in the main arenas gentlemen.  My .02 cents.

My sincerest condolences again to Vega's family, friends, squaddies. 

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 10:04:08 AM »
I was in the flight and the people who attacked it were well within range of there co-country mates which I'm sure were telling them on range not to shoot on the flight, yet they shot anyway. I have the utmost respect for the Rooks and Knights that honored the flights intent, as for the few idiots, well they are immature punks in my opinion.

As far as having the event in the MA, well Vega flew his missions in the MA and his Squad and his wife believed that it was the proper place for the memorial flight and the was enough for me and most of AH community with a few exceptions.
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2010, 10:16:15 AM »
The MA was the perfect venue.  <S> to all who participated: Rooks, Knights, and Bish.  Two bad apples did not ruin the whole barrel in this case.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2010, 10:25:46 AM »
I think Lusche has the right of it.  If a person was only barely aware that the memorial was taking place, it would be quite possible for someone not heavily involved in it to accidentally open up on the wrong thing if the wrong sequence of events happened.  I would've personally done it in an SEA if people wanted to ensure that there'd be no interference.  The vast majority don't read the forums.  Many don't tune 200.  Many don't really even look at the text buffer during the course of their evening.  Just because those of us who do read the forums and constantly monitor channels are in the know doesn't mean everybody else is.  English is also not a primary language for many.

I personally chose to log last night before it happened to avoid the possibility that I might accidentally shoot someone in the memorial down.  I was having trouble putting together in my head where all of the flights to avoid were going to be, so I figured a bit of downtime would be preferable to interfering with something like that.  I didn't know him at all, but  :salute Vega.  Loss of life diminishes us all.

The deliberate attackers, if there were any, I have no respect for.  I don't care to know or to have it made known who they are publically, but that's low, protesting someone's funeral low.  Stealing from charity low.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2010, 10:48:49 AM »
I wasn't able to get in last night.....  It would have been only the third time in my AH history a ceasefire would have been called.  

The 1st time was a Rook 190 over my Bish vBase, who managed to take out 2 sets of Knit Lancs and a silly Spitty.  He then flew close enough to us, we saw him roll his wings back and forth (Universal Sign)......  But I was a Newb and had to be yelled at about firing......We (I) ceased fire and let him give us a flyby before he RTB'd.  

The 2nd time, deep in BishLand, some dirty rotten scoundrel had pummeled several of my brothers in a Pony.  He didn't see me.  But my aim wasn't so great and I flew right by.  We danced for a bit, a great stick this man, far better than I.  With a lucky pass I took half of his wing off, then on 200 explained how he was safe since I was out of ammo, as was he.....  We kept that conversation going and I found myself flying with his broken craft along the "danger zone."  Managed to call off the first two guys, but sadly the last one to come in was a Newb and didn't care what I said.  But at least for a little while, there was honor among enemies.  

THIS 3rd almost time.......................  I'm surprised it wasn't a Newb.  
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline DaddieDrax

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2010, 10:51:55 AM »
Why so serious?