Author Topic: New Stick , Which is Best????  (Read 539 times)

Offline Cleaner

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.msn.com
New Stick , Which is Best????
« on: April 28, 2000, 06:30:00 PM »
Gonna get a new stick soon, which is best?
Also need one that has twist grip on it for rudder control, presently have msffp..Hate it

Offline Mars

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.screaminmeanies.com
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2000, 08:02:00 PM »
Hi Cleaner!
      I don't know how much coin you want to blow but I use a Thrustmaster F-22 with a WCSII throttle and CH Pro pedals. A little spendy and always a pain to program but once you get it configured it works SLICK!

Mars <CO> T.S.M
"NO!!......NO!!!!..I WON'T eat it!!"
                    -Christopher Walken in "Mouse Hunt"-

Offline Cleaner

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.msn.com
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2000, 08:15:00 PM »
How longs it take to coordinate your feet to the pedals  

[This message has been edited by Cleaner (edited 04-28-2000).]

Offline Camel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2000, 09:50:00 PM »
Hi Cleaner

I just got pedals and a new stick a couple of months ago after using a SW3d Pro for 3 years. While it does take some getting used too, its the only way to fly  

I bought CH pro pedals. From everything Ive read regarding pedals, CH was an easy decision. For me, choosing a stick was much more difficult. So far im very happy with the Logitech Wingman Interceptor. In reading about the Simped Vario pedals($250 Thats alota cheese) with magnetic control rather than pots, I found the Interceptor uses the same system. It also has 3 8way hats(AH supports 2), plenty of buttons, 4 on the base w\throt, and 5 on the stick. The 1 lever under the trigger moves side to side acting as 2 buttons, which I think is cool.

Im very happy that I gave up on the twisty stick. It just feels more real flying with pedals. So now im trying to find the right chair after my customized Lazyboy gave out  Im seriously considering going to the junkyard to get a captins chair from a van or RV to center my flight controls around  

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2000, 07:56:00 AM »
I just barely went through this process myself when my old Thrustmaster tqs and F22 Pro finally gave me so much trouble I had to scrap them.

If you're getting a new stick today you want the new USB technology. In my opinion buying old analog joystick port stuff is out of the question for a new purchase.

Having had Thrustmaster stuff for years I would avoid Thrustmaster now. Their customer support is now the worst in the business and their technology is behind. They don't have a decent USB stick just a kiddie thing.

If you can wait for the new CH USB stick and throttle that's the way to go along with their USB rudder pedals that are already out.

If your like me and need a stick right now to replace a broken one there is only one USB Throttle and Stick combo available and that's by Saitek. I just got one and it far exceeded my expectations. With USB it's rock solid(till the pots give out). It has a rudder flapper on the throttle, but I strongly recommend you spring for USB rudder pedals. Once you fly with pedals you'll never go back.

I originally planned to use this Saitek x36 throttle and stick, sold as a combo for only $99 at Comp USA, until CH came out with the good USB stuff, but now I like it so much I might just stick with it.

Do some research. Don't buy old technology. Joysticks are just now changing. It would be nice to find a USB throttle and stick without pots, but so far all I could find like that were the combination sticks with a small throttle slider or wheel on the base. After using a Thrustmaser tqs and F22 pro I needed a real throttle and stand alone stick with tons of buttons.

Ranger Bob