Author Topic: STICK SPIKING  (Read 732 times)

SmokerFT

STICK SPIKING
« on: April 29, 2000, 04:12:00 AM »
Hey guys I just put a new puter together and im having a lot of problems with spiking. I have a ch f-16 fighterstick, propedals and prothrottle. I've disabled the onboard sc in the bios, and am running a SB live sc. I called tech support and they said the puter was too fast so I was told that the thrustmaster acm gamecard I had would work fine. I disabled the sb live gameport and installed the card. It installed perfectly no glitches, however it didnt improve my problem at all. I'm running dx7a. Any suggestions!! Any help would be appreciated.

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
STICK SPIKING
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2000, 04:46:00 AM »
You might try unchecking the "poll with interupts" and making sure IRQ aren't being shared between your sound card and something else (like your modem.)  Poll with interupts (if you have this option) is found in the device manager under sound, video, game controllers.  Click properties on gameport and look for this on the settings tab.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

SmokerFT

STICK SPIKING
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2000, 05:00:00 AM »
Thanks Bloom, poll with interrupts is unchecked, and no conflicts I can see!

SmokerFT

STICK SPIKING
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2000, 05:03:00 AM »
I wonder if the pots are going out? Can anyone tell me how to check this? Thanks

Offline Camel

• Zinc Member
STICK SPIKING
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2000, 06:17:00 PM »
Smoker,

Open AH offline and goto setup> joystick, There is a graph you can watch when you move your controls. Move them slowly and see if anything is spiking

SmokerFT

STICK SPIKING
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2000, 12:27:00 AM »
Okay Camel I've done that. It spikes and my prothrottle spikes and rudders too! Smoker out!

Offline tshred

• Copper Member
STICK SPIKING
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2000, 07:01:00 AM »
I suggest getting the PDPI L4 gamecard, found at www.pdpi.net,  or getting USB controllers or others that use digital inputs. Your pots could be worn out, and changing them is fairly simple, but spiking will be back eventually. You can also take them apart (pots) and clean them or just spray them out with electrical cleaner. I think CH will send you new pots for free if still under warranty. I personally just clean them when they get bad, and use some dampening in Aces joystick setup to compensate. I have a PDPI L4 and used it with the Combastick/Pro Th./Pro Pedals, and it was sooth as glass, no spikes, unfortunately, it doesn't work with my current stick, and I live with the rudder axis being a little spiky.

ts

[This message has been edited by tshred (edited 05-03-2000).]

SmokerFT

STICK SPIKING
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2000, 12:11:00 PM »
Thanks tshred Hobo has one he will sell me. The check is in the mail! Smoker Out!!

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
STICK SPIKING
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2000, 08:12:00 PM »
Hope that does it for you.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
STICK SPIKING
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2000, 03:21:00 PM »
My CH fighter stick never worked with my TM card,(severe spiking)... bought a Ch card and other than the pots going bad , no problems since.