Author Topic: CH Throttle & Combat Stick Mapping  (Read 696 times)

Offline doctor

• Zinc Member
CH Throttle & Combat Stick Mapping
« on: August 18, 2001, 05:57:00 AM »
Salute---
         I've been in AH for 8 month and I can't say enough about it, I'm hooked!
         I just received my CH Throttle USB. I already had a Combat Stick and Pro Pedals USB. I was wondering if anyone had a ~~Key Legend ~~ for the Stick and Throttle. I have been thinking of a few ways to map them. But I'm getting a little  :confused: ! I was wondering if a few of the ACES   :cool:  out there could help me out?

Salute--- doctor---out

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2001, 06:48:00 AM »
Hey a Doc

DIve in!! mess around with it abit until u find something you are comfortable.  LOL you are likely overloaded with buttons huh....

I am working my way towards a similar setup, I got the Pro pedals USB about a month ago, and am currently saving for the pro throttle USB(50% of the way there). Gotta say I love the pedals.

SKurj

Offline doctor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2001, 01:25:00 PM »
Salute---
          Thanks! You will love the throttle  :) . I haven't been able to map the brakes in the Control Manager. Maybe you have to do it in the game.

Salute---doctor-out

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2001, 02:02:00 PM »
Oh yeah doctor, u map the toe brakes in the game.  You just assign the axes to the brakes.  I use them, they are abit touchy but nice nonetheless

SKurj

Offline Tyro48

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2001, 05:37:00 AM »
If u map the stick, throttle and pedals together u can map ur brakes in control manager x-axis left ( no center ) y-axis right ( same no centering ) and z-axis for rudder and select center. If u deselect the dx stuff u can then map the buttons for game commands.

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2001, 08:39:00 AM »
Send me an email, rdurkin@together.net , and I'll be happy to send you my Aces High Map for CH USB Throttle, Combat Stick, and Pro Pedals.

If you've been around a while you will recognize that I wrote the original Saitek x36 profile for Aces High that was offered on the downloads page. I think that joystick files downloads page has been removed from the site now. In any event, this new CH Map is very similar to my setup for the old Saitek x36. The exception is that I had to move the views from the 4 way stick hats to the 8 way hat on the throttle. It takes some getting used to. In the end run it's superior to using stick hats for views, because your right hand on the stick can be more accurate if you aren't also trying to reach for view keys at the same time. Takes practice though.

I was really pleased to change from Saitek to this new CH setup as soon as CH came out with all USB gear. The Saitek stick is rather cheaply built with pots that don't last, and their software programming is terrible. Their web site and tech support was also lacking. CH is it for me.

Ranger Bob

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2001, 08:59:00 AM »
Much better to make your own map.  Just start simple and add stuff as you go along.

BTW, I think you have to run a utility that comes with the pedals to get the toe brakes functional.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Starbird

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2001, 11:22:00 AM »
The other driver for the pedals isn't required once you have the CH manager installed. as they do the same thing (from what I've read).

I have my ch sticks set up as 3 different sticks, no combining. All my buttons are keyboard equivilents, since AH only lets you use so many buttons, and the ch setup has many more to use.

Getting your brakes to work is easy. Make sure that they're mapped to x and y in ch manager for your rudder pedals. Then go into aces and open the joystick config and axis mapping (forget the actual name of the box, but its where you map all your joystick axis').

On the left side go down and click on left toe brake. Then select your rudder pedals in the center box, and select X axis on the right box. hit apply.

Do the same for the right toe brake. Now when you close the box, and hit your brakes you should see the lines representing them on the little control window moving.

I might have x and y mixed up, but it doesn't take long to figure out.