Author Topic: Then and Now  (Read 2276 times)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Re: Then and Now
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2010, 12:10:50 PM »
Took a little sampling of my kills to death ratio over the my AH "career" and I think it's very telling how little stats can mean when looked at in a vacuum, and how many external factors effect them and how those factors are not constants by vary quite a bit from tour to your.

Tour12:   K/D 1.39
Tour 73:  K/D 5.63
Tour124: K/D 2.39

I know that my current cartoon fighter pilot could probably fly rings around my Tour 73 (back in 2004) self.  I was also scoring more kills per hour in 2004 than I am now as well 14.90 compared to 12.53.

Still I suppose it is kind of fun to look every once in awhile. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2010, 12:17:49 PM »
My first month of AH I actually flew a lot, got a lot of kills. Its so long ago the scores & stats don't go back that far.

Now 10 years later, my reflex's are shot, my eyesight is slipping, concentration not as good. Hand eye coordination slipping.

There is an old saying, "those that can, do. Those that can't, teach"

Well I just can't do it much anymore, so yes I teach. :)

I don't get many kills, but if I turn on a few lightbulbs, well I'm happy.

In the end its not what you do that counts, its finding something to do, and enjoying it.

That was wise talking  :aok
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2010, 12:34:05 PM »
Took a little sampling of my kills to death ratio over the my AH "career" and I think it's very telling how little stats can mean when looked at in a vacuum, and how many external factors effect them and how those factors are not constants by vary quite a bit from tour to your.

Tour12:   K/D 1.39
Tour 73:  K/D 5.63
Tour124: K/D 2.39

I know that my current cartoon fighter pilot could probably fly rings around my Tour 73 (back in 2004) self.  I was also scoring more kills per hour in 2004 than I am now as well 14.90 compared to 12.53.

Still I suppose it is kind of fun to look every once in awhile. :)

Yes, but you fly differently now than in Tour 73 I assume, more aggressively with a lack of regard for getting ganged and towered.  If you take your more skilled self and fly the same way you used to in tour 73, you'd have better stats in comparison.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2010, 12:44:36 PM »
Tour 50 Statistics for Grizz
            Fighter
Kills         903    
Assists    145    
Sorties    255
Landed    123
Bailed      11    
Ditched    4    
Captured  32    
Deaths    76    
Discos       9    

Rank 1    

Late War Tour 124 Statistics for Grizz
            Fighter
Kills        1406    
Assists    208
Sorties    358
Landed    141    
Bailed      19
Ditched    39    
Captured  48    
Deaths    105
Discos     6    

Rank 1

:noid

lol show off  :furious J/K  consistant are we?
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2010, 01:38:13 PM »

Yes, but you fly differently now than in Tour 73 I assume, more aggressively with a lack of regard for getting ganged and towered.  If you take your more skilled self and fly the same way you used to in tour 73, you'd have better stats in comparison.

That's probably true, there has been a general trend my approach to the game over the years away from surviving and more towards accepting the hand that the MA deals and seeing if I can still win with it.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2010, 01:47:03 PM »
That's probably true, there has been a general trend my approach to the game over the years away from surviving and more towards accepting the hand that the MA deals and seeing if I can still win with it.

Believing that every fight is winnable, you just need to pick the right moves at the right time, is what drives me to fly the same as the above quote.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2010, 04:28:36 PM »
Believing that every fight is winnable, you just need to pick the right moves at the right time, is what drives me to fly the same as the above quote.

Sometimes the right move is getting out of Dodge.  A lot of fights are winnable but some situations are checkmate, plain and simple.  I like to fly an aggressive brand in the MA but I usually have a good sense when a manageable, outnumbered situation is about ready to implode on top of me.  The best in the game at seeing this imo is Steve and kappa.  

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2010, 04:40:42 PM »
Sometimes the right move is getting out of Dodge.  A lot of fights are winnable but some situations are checkmate, plain and simple.  I like to fly an aggressive brand in the MA but I usually have a good sense when a manageable, outnumbered situation is about ready to implode on top of me.  The best in the game at seeing this imo is Steve and kappa.  

You could just 'yell' YAAARRRRR!! on 200 and go all in, get what you can get swinging you bleeding plane missing every other part until you meet your cartoon demise. :rock :rock
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2010, 04:42:08 PM »
Sometimes the right move is getting out of Dodge.  A lot of fights are winnable but some situations are checkmate, plain and simple.  I like to fly an aggressive brand in the MA but I usually have a good sense when a manageable, outnumbered situation is about ready to implode on top of me.  The best in the game at seeing this imo is Steve and kappa.  

you know me Grizz....I want that un-winnable fight, because one of these days I will kill em all :t

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2010, 05:20:41 PM »
You could just 'yell' YAAARRRRR!! on 200 and go all in, get what you can get swinging you bleeding plane missing every other part until you meet your cartoon demise. :rock :rock

That's pretty much what I usually do.  I can usually see the situation developing, but I just can't stop myself from jumping into it.  Just like when I'm in a fight and for whatever reason decide to kill one particular guy out of a group.  I see the guys making passes and getting behind me, I see the tracers, but I just want to kill that one particular guy so I just go on with that.  I don't know why exactly, it just seems more fun to me.  I love it if I can take down a couple out of a group, that's the best feeling to me. 
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2010, 08:08:19 PM »
That's pretty much what I usually do.  I can usually see the situation developing, but I just can't stop myself from jumping into it.

Bingo.  Does anyone think I like bugging out when I am so close to having a guy dead?  It sucks!! It takes self restraint to be able to let a guy go when he was clearly dead if you wanted him to be.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2010, 08:19:12 PM »
Probably the toughest thing in this game actually....  Only in the last year have I developed the control to "know when to GTFO" of a bad situation. 

Bingo.  Does anyone think I like bugging out when I am so close to having a guy dead?  It sucks!! It takes self restraint to be able to let a guy go when he was clearly dead if you wanted him to be.

Then:
Kills-65
Deaths-312
Sorties-546

Now:
Kills-122
Deaths-72
Sorties-162
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2010, 08:19:48 PM »
Bingo.  Does anyone think I like bugging out when I am so close to having a guy dead?  It sucks!! It takes self restraint to be able to let a guy go when he was clearly dead if you wanted him to be.

Grizz, will you please use that kind of self-restraint when you are behind me?  You must get on my 6 when the other guys aren't looking. :rofl

Changeup

Tour 110
Kills per Death + 1       0.75  1898 (Still had my toes in the DA pond water)
Kills per Sortie              0.60 1623
Kills per Hour of Flight   2.95 2501
Kills Hit Percentage       2.48 3271
Kill Points                  626.79 3652

Tour 124
Kills per Death + 1        1.46 723
Kills per Sortie               1.03 534
Kills per Hour of Flight    7.88 207
Kills Hit Percentage       4.99 1162
Kill Points                13023.11 393

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:26:38 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2010, 08:49:31 PM »
Probably the toughest thing in this game actually....  Only in the last year have I developed the control to "know when to GTFO" of a bad situation. 

Then:
Kills-65
Deaths-312
Sorties-546

Now:
Kills-122
Deaths-72
Sorties-162

huge difference  :aok

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2010, 07:17:01 AM »
52 was my first tour also :aok
before that I played Fighter Ace for about a month, never flew any flight game before that.
those were the days ink. when tigers were screamed about on 200 and country... when people in the game were more fun and i guess honorable is the word :aok   alot of those people are still here but they had to keep with the times and the noobs and now 3/4s of the players in game dont give a crap about each other...
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy