Author Topic: Then and Now  (Read 2298 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Then and Now
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2010, 11:37:49 AM »
those were the days ink. when tigers were screamed about on 200 and country... when people in the game were more fun and i guess honorable is the word :aok   alot of those people are still here but they had to keep with the times and the noobs and now 3/4s of the players in game dont give a crap about each other...

so true, honestly though I still love it, I look forward to getting into it and just having a blast pretending to be a cartoon pie-lit :aok

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2010, 12:20:59 PM »
THEN:

Jolly22's General Stats for Late War Tour 104
Total Sorties: 991
Total Sortie Time:  2 days 19:54:43
Sortie Type   End Sortie Type
Fighter 468   Landed 203
Attack 8   Discos 9
Bomber 276   Bails 117
Vehicle/Boat 190   Ditches 88
Field Gunner 49   Captured 70
      Deaths 502

NOW:
jolly01's General Stats for Late War Tour 124
Total Sorties: 985
Total Sortie Time:  4 days 08:06:05
Sortie Type   End Sortie Type
Fighter 228   Landed 467
Attack 98   Discos 4
Bomber 147   Bails 45
Vehicle/Boat 403   Ditches 52
Field Gunner 109   Captured 33
      Deaths 384

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2010, 03:56:42 PM »
so true, honestly though I still love it, I look forward to getting into it and just having a blast pretending to be a cartoon pie-lit :aok

Agreed completely...but what's really cool is to see my 93 year old grandfather, a 51B and P-40E pilot, just become entranced with the layout and modeling of those two planes in-game.  He swears its dead-on-balls accurate...he loves watching me pretend but has no compunction whatsoever about reminding me that bad decisions (he saw me jump right into a ton of red one afternoon) cause men to not come back...."you made a poor decision to jump into that mess son".   hehehehe

Changeup
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 03:58:26 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2010, 04:42:06 PM »
Agreed completely...but what's really cool is to see my 93 year old grandfather, a 51B and P-40E pilot, just become entranced with the layout and modeling of those two planes in-game.  He swears its dead-on-balls accurate...he loves watching me pretend but has no compunction whatsoever about reminding me that bad decisions (he saw me jump right into a ton of red one afternoon) cause men to not come back...."you made a poor decision to jump into that mess son".   hehehehe

Changeup

man I would love to talk to him. the honor that man deserves  :salute

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2010, 07:24:10 PM »
man I would love to talk to him. the honor that man deserves  :salute

The family is coming to our house for ribs on the 20th.  I will put the headphones on him if you are online and you can ask him whatever you like.  I am sure that he would love to talk....

Get online on Aug 7th when my grandpa that flew B-25s all over the South Pacific is in town from St Louis....he is a riot.  He divorced my Grandma because he went back for a 2nd tour!!  He didn't want to come home and he has no problem telling folks that.  He said he wouldn't do it again but at 22 years old, it was the best time of his life.  Rabaul, New Guinea, Port Moresby, New Hollandia...56 combat flights in the 25H....I have his mission and aircraft number and name list...wanna see um? ( I feel like a kid saying that but he is the best)

Changeup

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2010, 07:59:14 PM »
The family is coming to our house for ribs on the 20th.  I will put the headphones on him if you are online and you can ask him whatever you like.  I am sure that he would love to talk....

Get online on Aug 7th when my grandpa that flew B-25s all over the South Pacific is in town from St Louis....he is a riot.  He divorced my Grandma because he went back for a 2nd tour!!  He didn't want to come home and he has no problem telling folks that.  He said he wouldn't do it again but at 22 years old, it was the best time of his life.  Rabaul, New Guinea, Port Moresby, New Hollandia...56 combat flights in the 25H....I have his mission and aircraft number and name list...wanna see um? ( I feel like a kid saying that but he is the best)

Changeup

Changeup, That is awesome, I would love to hear some of his stories about his experiences. Wow, I don't know if you have, but it would be  very cool if you compiled a list of his experiences and stories before they are lost forever. Some day there will be no one left alive who had combat experience in those aircraft it will be only the written experiences we have left.
 :salute
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2010, 08:02:04 PM »
Changeup, That is awesome, I would love to hear some of his stories about his experiences. Wow, I don't know if you have, but it would be  very cool if you compiled a list of his experiences and stories before they are lost forever. Some day there will be no one left alive who had combat experience in those aircraft it will be only the written experiences we have left.
 :salute

The B25 grandpa has a diary he won't let anyone look at until he passes (its for no other reason than because we all want to see it....he's a coot) and my Dad has the 51B grandpa's stories written down....like when they shot up a cardboard Nazi "train" on the tracks....he said the lack of "smoke" kinda gave it away!!  lmao...I will post the official record of Mom's dad.

Changeup