Author Topic: CH gear advise  (Read 509 times)

Offline snakeman

• Zinc Member
CH gear advise
« on: August 18, 2001, 04:57:00 PM »
Currently I'm using all CH gear: Pro throttle, Combat stick and Pro peddles. Unfortunately I am also using Win2k. Which means I have to unplug my throttle and hook it up to my Win98 box everytime to program is. I have 2 questions:

1) Has anyone found a way to work around this? May be booting to DOS mode and trying to get a set of DOS drivers for my SB Live and program it that way?

2) If I upgrad to USB Pro Throttle, will I have to upgrade my stick and peddles too? Or will the mix and match work?

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
CH gear advise
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2001, 06:06:00 PM »
maybe your problem is the bios incompability with SB hardware ?

Offline snakeman

• Zinc Member
CH gear advise
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2001, 11:09:00 PM »
CH Product's SpeedKey for programming the Pro throttle is not supported under Windows 2000. That's why I have to hook it up to a Win98 box to program it.

I have not been able to get SB Live to work under DOS. If I can get SB Live to work in DOS, then I can use the OLD DOS mode program utils that came with the Pro Throttle.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
CH gear advise
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2001, 12:08:00 AM »
I don't think u will have to upgrade the rest of your equipment if you go with the USB pro throttle.
Soon I will be purchasing one of those to go with my MS Ppro and CH pro pedals USB.
I can't promise no problems, however!! CH does offer a "combine" utility which permits CH gear all to be combined as one controller when detected by a piece of software (at least in w9x).

Perhaps shoot an email off to CH and ask them.

SKurj