Author Topic: considering quitting  (Read 2270 times)

Offline sirvlad

• Nickel Member
considering quitting
« on: June 09, 2010, 04:47:21 PM »
Game seems to be getting more n more boring to me.Every day same map same front lines.Nothing ever seems to change.I assume HTC is never going to make even a single new map.I have been asking for years when will we get a new map and they have never even once responded.A simple "there`s 1 in the works n should be up this year"would be nice.I hardly ever enjoy playing anymore.If even 4 guys works together the other side cries that we`re hordeing.Flying alone is lame n boring,BFD I landed a few kills YIPPIE!!!!Even gv`n seems lame now a days hardly ever a good size battle going on,unless it`s at a double spawn where you die almost instantly.Finally after umpteen deaths you get the spawn clear then BOOM the first camper you killed comes back and bombs you.Not much fun.Sorry for the rant but after 10 years or so maybe it`s finally time to move on.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: considering quitting
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 04:50:30 PM »
.I have been asking for years when will we get a new map and they have never even once responded.

You must have missed all the new maps that we got during those years...

Game seems to be getting more n more boring to me.Every day same map same front lines.

Would "new" front lines really change this? The action would be still the same...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 04:53:41 PM »
Maps are player made.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 04:59:39 PM »
By all means quit. It might be good for you. Maybe you'll come back one day refreshed and missing all of us dweebs that still play. Either way good luck in life and the pursuit of that which makes you happy.
 :cheers:
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 05:01:37 PM »
The way I see it   HiTech must be getting on by now so when he retires or dies of old age we might only have another 10-15 years then we are done.   :( 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 05:18:49 PM »
Sirvlad.  It is you that has gotten stale not the game.  Everyday you can find something else to do here.
Change what you are doing.  Change arenas.  Change sides.  Change squads.  Change aircraft.

I know that is kinda harsh but I give you my opinion from personal experience.  I have been there.  This is the best the planet has to offer.  Yes it can always be better.

I do not know you sir, but if you want to change squads, talk to JG77 whom I fly with, maybe that will help.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline sirvlad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 05:25:12 PM »
"Would "new" front lines really change this? The action would be still the same... " Please feel free to show me the new maps,lets say in the last 2 years.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 05:35:36 PM »
strange I have been fighting for close to 6 years, I started out flying almost exclusively "fighters" I gave up GV'ing and Bombers all together about 3 years ago, and I still get angry at myself if I get to rtb, obviously I did not fight hard enough, I want to see my smoking carcass of a plane falling from the sky with red icons every where I look.

whats this "Map" thing, or  "front line" thing you are talking about :headscratch:

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 06:14:12 PM »
I'm with ink on this one.   I couldn't tell you the names of any of the maps.   I don't care.  As for the front lines.  One base looks like the next. Every carrier group is identical.

They are all a means to an end, and that's a fight.  The planes are different, as are the live opponents we get to fly against.  Pick a bird that is more challenging and go try and win a fight or two in it.

If that's gotten to the point where it's the same, then it's probably time to take a break and get your perspective back
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 06:18:20 PM »
i've been through some of these maps often enough to sadly say, hey...i KNOW that bump!!! hey...i KNOW that tree!!!...maybe thats why i like GVing, i know my layouts
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline sirvlad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 06:20:07 PM »
New maps and new base layouts would improve things IMO. How many can damn near draw all 3 air fields from memory alone.Why is it that so much work goes into maps for the small scenerios that only last 1 day.Granted sometimes for 4 days,1 each sunday.Yeah yeah I know all about them being made for 2 sides not 3,but really,couldn`t some of these maps be converted.I just don`t get it.Also the fight isn`t always the same if the area is different,like in canyons and such.I remember a while back there was a map with a noodleula in the east with a base at sea level.Roughly 40 miles to the west there was an airfield at 6K.It was a fun area becuse you could always find bombers to down or cap the area with a fighter or 2.I miss that map.Hey how about a map making contest where the winner maybe gets 1 year free gaming.Heck I`ll pay for the year if we get a few decent maps out of it.$180 bucks ain`t much.I think I spend more then that updating my comp.Another gripe I have is that I think moving the factories was a bad idea.I love the way they look and all but I use to enjoy bombing them in less then 1 hour.Seems like no one ever bombs them anymore.I bet many new players will never even see the giant city and factories.Maybe make it a tad smaller and ad a few more of them around the map. :bolt:  wife ack reloading BBL

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 06:33:20 PM »
Quick question about a map...  Why is ozkansas named that way?  That's always confused me.  I mean really, it's nothing like Kansas.   :D
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 06:36:50 PM »
Just put it away for a while you will get the bug back.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 06:41:46 PM »
Sirvlad, make some reasonable, balanced and inovative maps.  Submit them to be used, you can even put your name in the corner somewhere.  Only those with the ability to creat change and a vision of the way they think it ought to be (as well as only those who can find the free time to compalin about it) can make a change in that desired direction.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 06:43:54 PM »
Vlad, I returned for a little while and I'm with you I found it boring. Some stuff is still fun and it was nice to touch base with a few peeps but  :frown:. The mad race to get to the edge of an enemy base with #s and 3-5K alt advantage seems to be how things roll now, It was always this way to some extent but I found upon returning that it is the "MAIN EVENT" now. The main difference being IMHO is the GAYng trolling the edge of a base now is heavily populated with very good players. Maybe my memory is off but I seem to recall when a base was being trolled as such the "good sticks" would up and put an end to it, now they seem to be on the trolling side. With 5-10 good sticks mingled in with the usual trollers and very few good sticks upping to counter them the odds of a good fight developing is very small indeed and you become mear fodder against the many skilled players that are trolling :frown: I guess it is human nature to go down the road with the least obstacles :frown:
The only option I saw was to up from a field a sector  away to grab some alt but I've lost my patience for such tactics I just wanted to get is some computer mayhem for a short time!
 While I was back I found extremely few "ebb and flow" furballs, it was either get GAYnged by red guys or GAYng as a green guy :frown:
  If in some way this could change I would stay longer. It was good fun for awhile but the style of play makes staying a little tedious to say the least!

Taking a break does help but only for a short time! So take a break and try again, hopefully your experience will trump mine  :salute    :cheers:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 06:46:38 PM by shreck »