Author Topic: Modifing Map Controls  (Read 355 times)

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
Modifing Map Controls
« on: June 09, 2010, 02:27:06 PM »
After downloading the new patch, I am not able to modify my Map Controls.  When I hit "modify" the screen comes up and I can map any of the global controls, but it will not switch to any of the other controls like "flight", "vehicles" and so on.  The circle highlights but the global circle also stays highlighted.  In other words when I try to switch to flight the circle highlights but does not change the selections.

I did just purchase a Cyborge keyboard today, but I am not using the SSI program.  Don't know if this had any effect on it or not.

Any suggestions?

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Modifing Map Controls
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 03:10:40 PM »
Are you trying to map functions on your keyboard or joystick?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 03:15:23 PM »
It's not working on the stick, throttle quadrant, or throttle.  I just deleted the game and I am now in the process of doing a fresh download to see if that corrects the problem.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 03:24:52 PM »
If you select an analog control on your stick (X-Axis, Y-Axis, Wheel,...), the other sections of the panel (Flight, View...) will not be available as you cannot map a button command to an analog control.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 03:26:45 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 03:49:35 PM »
If you select an analog control on your stick (X-Axis, Y-Axis, Wheel,...), the other sections of the panel (Flight, View...) will not be available as you cannot map a button command to an analog control.

I can map the Analog Controls and the Global Controls.  It will not switch to any of the other controls for mapping.  In other words if its not an analog or a Global Command I can not map it.

I deleted the game and then reinstalled it and I am still having the same problem, but now I can't map anything other than Global or Analog, so playing right now it out of the question.

Here is what the screen looks like.  Notice how the two boxes, global and flight are selected.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Fred

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 04:32:00 PM »
Oops.  That ain't right.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 04:41:30 PM »
Oops.  That ain't right.

At least tell me if it is a problem with my system, or is it on your end.  I'm getting tired of downloading the game,    :D

Will be on the side lines until it's figured out.     :joystick:

Fred

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 04:43:30 PM »
Figured out , patch out shortly.

HiTech

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator