Author Topic: keep losing calibration on stick  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
Re: keep losing calibration on stick
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 10:31:11 PM »
Just got a video of the occurrence and tried to show how the numbers did not change when flying. I was flying around trying to recreate the occurrence and finally it happened. I have video of my joystick inputs before and after the occurrence. Video will be following in a moment.

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 10:33:06 PM »
Please tell me if the video does not show correctly.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zi0mdizmogw

Offline TC31st

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 08:19:53 AM »
hmmmm... well, I believe there is definitely something weird going on here.

I am having the same problem with a completely different setup.  My TM Cougar HOTAS is also requiring many re calibrations to fly straight. It wont "hold" auto pilot,  it drops auto takeoff after 2-3 secs, and will arbitrarily constantly bank right.  (I watched your film, Clone and that is exactly what my stick is doing!). If I recalibrate it will work fine for a short time, anywhere from 10 - 20 mins and then start acting up again..its really quite maddening.  This is also occurring after the recent updates, maybe for 4 or 5 weeks now.

At first I thought this was an isolated problem with my stick since I have modded it pretty heavily (Hall sensors, uberNXT gimbals, etc.) - I figured maybe a wire had frayed or something..took it apart, everything OK, back together, OK for short time (~10 mins) then s.o.s.  I borrowed a stock, unmodified Cougar hooked it up, calibrated and tested in game - initially it was rock solid.. so I figure my Cougar is porked somehow..but how could the Hall sensors mess up?  I thought they "don't go bad" ?  Then after about maybe 20 -30 mins the other Cougar starts doing the same thing!  

So I come to the forums and do a search and find that this seems to be a significant problem.  Whats also interesting is that its apparently happening across the board (with some variance) to all brands; Saitek, TM, CH and even Logitech too, I believe.  Taking into account that some of the problems could be hardware -worn pots or whatever, logically it seems improbable that ALL the remaining calibration issues are individual hardware problems??

The same symptoms in multiple different configurations??  There has to be some common factor, something we all have neglected to do or set or consider that is causing the stick setting configuration to not update?  Could be some combo of factors?? Powered hub? Sensitivity setting? sound setting conflict??( I remember something about weird joystick - sound interraction..?)

I dunno, its starting to hurt doing all this thinking.  Maybe the really really smart techno-computer guys can take it from here and help us mortals out?

Offline Magnus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 04:30:47 PM »
My Logtech and I know of other members have the same problem with other joysticks are having these issues.

Even with the GV stopped you can't hold the tank turret still, want real slowly creep to the right.

Please looked into this topic HiTech.

- Thanks Magnus
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 04:32:37 PM by Magnus »
(CO) 79th Fighter Group - Falcons / web 
AH Wall of Honor

Notice: Not here to win every post, like some members of Aces High II BB club

Offline DeltaFox

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 12:19:57 AM »
Tonight, about 60 minutes ago, I completely lost my calibration and my joystick setup, tanking in game at v85 in I think it was Orange arena.  X and Y axis were blank entries in control mapping.  Still does not work and I started over from scratch through Windows game controller setup.  I have CH hardware.  This is the 1st time in 3 years of playing Aces High this situation has happened.  I have Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit.  I had taken a hit that killed me in a Panzer.  Then lost my setup.  I really do not want to pull all my USB plugs and have to reset everything---not my idea of fun.  I took the new Mosquito update, yesterday.  I was running 1024 textures in high res.  Played the game about 6 hours steady before this issue happened.  I have a powered hub.

Thanks for any help or ideas. 

This started about 2 or 3 weeks ago, i see my stick jumping around just a bit, i mostly notice it while in gv because while looking in the turret it will either move slowly up/down.  also my pedals, i can see gv's move slowly to the right .

now please read this before posting.

1-  post only if you had no problems before and you believe it started a few weeks ago after an update.
2 - you already tried fixing the problem using skuzzy's posting with no success.  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,71591.msg3692338.html#msg3692338
3 - just trying to figure out if this is a game bug.  so please dont post and blame my stick it works fine with other games.  i have a powered usb hub, used recalibration utility and skuzzy's posting too with no success. or say that the problem is my x52 and get a ch stick.  i have one coming in today but i hear in the game that some people have the same problem with ch sticks too.

semp

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 02:57:58 PM »
Try this, rotate the stick in circles both ways,several times then let self-center.
Not saying this will fix, but hey it's worth a try.
Some sticks are "Self-Calibrating".

<S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 04:12:07 PM »
I have lost my stick set up several times.  Make copy date it and have it handy.  Not sure if problem is with ah or windows or ch stick.  After been unable to setup my xtremegamer card, not really sure about anything.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 07:31:39 AM »
Count me in on having this problem ever since 2.21 patch 0. I'm using a hybrid; T/M Cougar as one joystick (for throttle, trim, etc) and T.16000M as second joystick (primary flight controls). Most consistant problem is losing "Up View" button. I've lost up view control, went into the control settings and tapping the physical button jumps to the right place in the menu, which is still mapped to view up, but doesn't change the view in flight. I've even tried a different T.16000M with exact same results. The axis calibrations also seemed to spontaniously mess up some times (don't use windows calibration routine), running axes through full travel corrects it.   :joystick:
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2010, 03:02:48 PM »
I don't know if its related, but recently I get the 'don't move your controls so rapidly" message frequently. Also, even after calibrating from within AH, I see a little flutter in the values on the x axis when I look at the "map controllers" screen. I have a decent stick too (CH fighter stick).
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 03:05:41 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)