Author Topic: keep losing calibration on stick  (Read 1396 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
keep losing calibration on stick
« on: June 11, 2010, 11:52:17 AM »
This started about 2 or 3 weeks ago, i see my stick jumping around just a bit, i mostly notice it while in gv because while looking in the turret it will either move slowly up/down.  also my pedals, i can see gv's move slowly to the right .

now please read this before posting.

1-  post only if you had no problems before and you believe it started a few weeks ago after an update.
2 - you already tried fixing the problem using skuzzy's posting with no success.  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,71591.msg3692338.html#msg3692338
3 - just trying to figure out if this is a game bug.  so please dont post and blame my stick it works fine with other games.  i have a powered usb hub, used recalibration utility and skuzzy's posting too with no success. or say that the problem is my x52 and get a ch stick.  i have one coming in today but i hear in the game that some people have the same problem with ch sticks too.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: keep losing calibration on stick
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 12:00:57 PM »
To find out if is AH or stick, before calibrate look at the map controlers and note the position number (around 32000).

If the stick is suddenly out of calibration, look at that number again. If it is the same , something is happening with ah.

HiTech

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 02:03:22 PM »
cc will try that

semp

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 09:10:58 PM »
HT..this is what my x52 does..in another words...

When my lights blink in-game,and I am just sitting somewhere,or flying auto pilot and not moving the stick,when I look to see where my numbers are,they are default..(GOOD)..if I am flying and the stick flashes while I am turning,the default calibration goes too wherever my stick was when the lights flashed..then I unplug my x52 from the throttle,plug back in immediatly,wait about 3-5 seconds and it is back in the default for calibration..

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 05:22:54 AM »
this was just weird.  my stick was pulling left a little noticed it while in gv.  i would move right to acquire target then stick would pull a little left.  did that several times.  i tried recalibrating in ah and I completely lost all calibration.  and by that i mean the screen would just jump up an down while in tower, gv, plane everything.  I just got a new ch stick friday and it was working fine.  except for it pulling a little left.  i had calibrated the stick as soon as I installed it.  I restarted puter, tried to relog and nothing would fix it.  only way was by removing settings folder then replacing it with back up copy i had. still has to re do all my settings.  I looked at the stick withing ch manager and i would see no jumping around, it only happened in ah.

semp

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 05:38:23 AM »
Semp my old ms ffb stick was doing this . Went nuts trying to fix it . I stumbled upon this utility from logitech . It clears all calibration , in game and in windows . I think . Anyway it brought up 6 or 7 windows asking me if I really wanted to clear this data from my reg . It fixed it up for me . Changeup also used it . My buddy slimmer has as well . Slimmer has ch stuff changeup saitek i think . I used a micro soft ffb with saitek pedals it worked for all 3 of us . http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 08:57:32 AM »
falcon, if you are not using a powered usb hub, it may fix the problem.

HiTech

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 09:33:10 AM »
this was just weird.  my stick was pulling left a little noticed it while in gv.  i would move right to acquire target then stick would pull a little left.  did that several times.  i tried recalibrating in ah and I completely lost all calibration.  and by that i mean the screen would just jump up an down while in tower, gv, plane everything.  I just got a new ch stick friday and it was working fine.  except for it pulling a little left.  i had calibrated the stick as soon as I installed it.  I restarted puter, tried to relog and nothing would fix it.  only way was by removing settings folder then replacing it with back up copy i had. still has to re do all my settings.  I looked at the stick withing ch manager and i would see no jumping around, it only happened in ah.

semp
i've had similar problems, sometimes my joystick would stick to a direction or stiffen up in maneuvers. never was the stick. but then if i violently shook the joystick it would go back to the way it normally should. it may just be my joystick but i have never had it happen often enough to check it out outside of the game
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 01:55:53 PM »
Semp my old ms ffb stick was doing this . Went nuts trying to fix it . I stumbled upon this utility from logitech . It clears all calibration , in game and in windows . I think . Anyway it brought up 6 or 7 windows asking me if I really wanted to clear this data from my reg . It fixed it up for me . Changeup also used it . My buddy slimmer has as well . Slimmer has ch stuff changeup saitek i think . I used a micro soft ffb with saitek pedals it worked for all 3 of us . http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm
I posted the Logitech "Clear Calibration Utility" numerous times. Glad some people are finding it. It does work.

<S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 02:49:45 PM »
Just experienced severe left or right pulls after pulling back on the stick in my X52. I don't know if it is dieing or if it is the game but I thought I would mention it.

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 02:02:25 PM »
My X52 has completely crapped out. I cannot fly in a straight line anymore, the plane constantly banking.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 03:52:40 PM »
My x52 took a crap on me also.. Before the last 2 patches I had no problems. Then poof major problems... I even went ahead and did a total reboot and reinstall of my computer, dl new drivers for stick and I had the same problem. So I tried an external powered USB hub. All failures.

Now the kicker is I have Xplane 9 and I have had no problems. Is there a possibility there might be a bug for saitek sticks or is it just a few people.
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 07:20:35 PM »
Here's a thought...where is the slider for your "deadband" set at in the axis your having issues with? Is it all the way down or up a little like a quarter inch or so? I found that with the deadband all the way off/down in any axis other than rudder twist, my X52 would pull like mad up, down, left and right. Especially in GV's. ie; turret. I adjusted it up about a quarter inch and it settled right down. This may explain why AH is the only game giving you issues seeing as how the deadband setting in AH will only affect AH. Hope this helps.

<S> A8Chustr
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 07:58:31 PM »
My x52 took a crap on me also.. Before the last 2 patches I had no problems. Then poof major problems... I even went ahead and did a total reboot and reinstall of my computer, dl new drivers for stick and I had the same problem. So I tried an external powered USB hub. All failures.

Now the kicker is I have Xplane 9 and I have had no problems. Is there a possibility there might be a bug for saitek sticks or is it just a few people.
i've had CH problems too but not for a while now. maybe a week or two
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 07:58:41 PM »
To find out if is AH or stick, before calibrate look at the map controlers and note the position number (around 32000).

If the stick is suddenly out of calibration, look at that number again. If it is the same , something is happening with ah.

HiTech

ok the numbers keep changing when it goes out of calibration, it is usually 32768 but it varies at time by about 400, usually lower (32368).  i have a ch stick (brand new) powered usb and latest drivers, also have taped the wheel after centering it.  but it just wont quit getting out of calibration.  I am about to throw the ch stick (and perma squelch whoever says ch makes great sticks, this is my second non-working stick) in the trash and get me a new x52.  any ideas?

semp