Author Topic: Its official, I Quit!  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Its official, I Quit!
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 03:34:43 PM »
Not true.

There are times when you're on the deck without enough E to avoid the second, third or fourth guy coming HO although if you can avoid those "every time" I'm open for a lesson and I don't mean a lesson in not fighting multiple cons.

If you have very good SA it should give you time to use your knowledge of what to do and when to do it.  Let's just go with your one example.  You were on the deck.  Why?  If there were that many cons around, and it sounds like you were outnumbered in this example, was there a specific moment where a decision to egress and reset would have reduced the number of bandits able to engage you?  If you had just taken off maybe, why?  Good SA should have given you information that allowed you to make a decision not to put yourself in that position.  We all love the fight, we love to stay with it till some one dies.  If you truly abhorr the HO and will not allow yourself to be engaged thusly, then you have to decide not to continue what you were doing which is about to allow the other guy to position himself for a HO.

Maybe I should clarify my original statement.  An HO that involves me is because I made poor decisions or chose not to take action in time to avoid it.

An HO as I define it is a zero angle deflection shot :).  It takes very little "re-alignment" to make that zero something higher.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 03:36:20 PM »
Awesome thread,its super!

POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 04:02:25 PM »
I WILL HO you....if its to save a bud or if I am clearly outnumbered or if I see you on your guns first.  That is all.  Dismissed. :salute

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline NaTorino

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM »
see you later bye

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 04:28:03 PM »
Read the entire OP. He's not quiting the game, he's just going to start making head on passes guns hot.
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2010, 04:51:58 PM »
I had to do some Ho'in when times were tough and I was low on fun....oh wait.....were you talking about the game?

:uhoh
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 05:21:24 PM »
20, 40 or 50 bucks?  :rofl      :rofl      :rofl      :bolt:

It was a freebie.  I had a coupon.  She did like my joystick though.   :rofl
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 05:30:10 PM »
Zoney, let's do an experiment.  I suggest that it's not only in low E situations, but even in relatively high E multi-con engagements that you can sometimes not avoid a HO.

So here's the experiment:  I need three volunteers.  You will fight me and the three volunteers one on four in the DA.  The four of us will not be allowed to take any shot other than a HO or a high defletion angle which results from your attempt to avoid the HO.  You will not be allowed to take any HO shots.

I will film.  We will do this three times until you have shot us all down or we have shot you down using a HO shot.  I will post the films in this thread and you may comment on how you were able to avoid every HO attempt.

My bet is that in each of the three engagements, you will be HO'd before you take down all four fighters.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 05:33:10 PM »
Depends on how well the other fighters can shoot BE. 
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2010, 05:43:09 PM »
Zoney, let's do an experiment.  I suggest that it's not only in low E situations, but even in relatively high E multi-con engagements that you can sometimes not avoid a HO.

So here's the experiment:  I need three volunteers.  You will fight me and the three volunteers one on four in the DA.  The four of us will not be allowed to take any shot other than a HO or a high defletion angle which results from your attempt to avoid the HO.  You will not be allowed to take any HO shots.

I will film.  We will do this three times until you have shot us all down or we have shot you down using a HO shot.  I will post the films in this thread and you may comment on how you were able to avoid every HO attempt.

My bet is that in each of the three engagements, you will be HO'd before you take down all four fighters.
what? :headscratch:
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2010, 06:40:06 PM »
I had to do some Ho'in when times were tough and I was low on fun....oh wait.....were you talking about the game?

:uhoh

:rofl
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2010, 08:20:30 PM »
I'm a decent shot I'll be 1 of the opponent's  :D

To make it fair he wouldn't engage that many fighters unless he had the altitude advantage.  I recommend giving him a 5k alt advantage before the fight begins I bet the result will be the same unless he E fights very well.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:22:52 PM by TnDep »
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep