Author Topic: Its time for another toolshedding thread....  (Read 7673 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Its time for another toolshedding thread....
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2010, 01:37:54 PM »

What Im asking for is for people to LET the other people play their way....They are the ones who are making people play around their way.

You're "asking" people to let you play your way while trying to deny letting people play their way.  You're no better than the group of players you're whining about.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline swift

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2010, 01:54:35 PM »
Furballs last about 20 minutes before the people who got sent to the tower in fighters switch out for 15k buffs. The weird part is the furballers use terms like alt-monkies etc for the people who can intercept said buffs/jabos. It's a nasty cycle of dislike and complaining by furballers and adaptation to their own suckage by land grabbers. Love your high cap people! ;)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 01:58:56 PM by swift »
Taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Even though it enters into the midst of a thousand of them, it gives no attention to any bird than the one it first marked.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2010, 01:57:31 PM »
by keeping the fh up,most of them will stay over town hunting goons and m3's...

Depends on how well the base is capped. 
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2010, 02:28:17 PM »
A :cry thread.  How original.
It is actually, pretty sure Im the loudest voice against dropping FHs......Who has 3 threads and got mass reported over this topic?

Im not whining at all.

Junky makes some logical points about the inefficiencies of breaking a walnut with a 50 lb hammer..  However, he fails, by making the assumption that the enemy plays the game using any logic at all.  Truth of the matter is, most win the war guys are just flying somewhere to blow stuff up with their comrades.  If they get there in bombers and the town is close to down, and there are big juicy hangars up...then they are going to take em out, with lack of better option.  Anytime you destroy an enemy target you are helping your country out, right?  Well, that's the general line of thought of most players anyways, and you can't blame them, it makes perfect sense from a win the war standpoint.

Let them completely flatten and horde bases.  Nobody who takes part in those types of sorties is going to find much, if anything at all to shoot at.   Just a bunch of clumsy, starving hyenas fighting over an emaciated wildebeest or two.  And to that end, they will find no enjoyment from the game.
If you look at the screenshots Grizz, some of them arent even big hordes attacking the base. I assume its almost rookie buffers coming in at 15K+(Not the NOE buff type new lol) who get the impression from a certain group of buff pilots that the FHs are the only thing to hit....They are the key to the problem. Ive hear crap on vox all the time some guy furballing whos an armchair general wants everyone else to go kill the FHs.

You're "asking" people to let you play your way while trying to deny letting people play their way.  You're no better than the group of players you're whining about.

ack-ack
This game is about combat.....dropping the FH stops a part of that combat(big part) Im trying to get people to stop doing it as much so combat continues.

Speaking of Drama....you changed your mind on this topic since DogFite ruined that furball awhile back... :noid

Furballs last about 20 minutes before the people who got sent to the tower in fighters switch out for 15k buffs. The weird part is the furballers use terms like alt-monkies etc for the people who can intercept said buffs/jabos. It's a nasty cycle of dislike and complaining by furballers and adaptation to their own suckage by land grabbers. Love your high cap people! ;)
Ive seen good furballs last hours, but thats not the point.

by keeping the fh up,most of them will stay over town hunting goons and m3's...
Like Change was saying, atleast try to get a cap first....Swift was kinda correct with what he said but the half that go to the tower and dont up a fighter again...dont up at all if you keep killing them.

The majority of the time it goes like this.

Player A....."Ive got bomb what do you guys need them dropped on?"  Player x  " Nothing i dont think were taking this base."

Player d  "Please drop the VH  and then hit those flaks"....    Player A "VH is already down" ....Next thing you know the fighter hangers are the next to go.

Players just want to bomb  stuff  so they bomb stuff  .... Were the action is .Its more in the tradition of the humand experience to go were the other guys are at and participate the best way you can....

<S>
I already answered that earlier, yea if ack town vh ords and all that crap is down...why not its going to be taken soon anyway.

DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline swift

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2010, 02:35:31 PM »
I haven't see a furball last hours since I came back unless it was late-night in the states... which country are you flying that has these I want on hehe
Taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Even though it enters into the midst of a thousand of them, it gives no attention to any bird than the one it first marked.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2010, 02:44:48 PM »

Speaking of Drama....you changed your mind on this topic since DogFite ruined that furball awhile back... :noid

I haven't changed my mind on anything, I recognize that people will play as they choose and these players are playing within the bounds created by HiTec in his game world.  Maybe you should stop worrying how others play but I doubt you will since there's no drama in that.

ack-ack

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2010, 02:48:24 PM »

This game is about combat.....dropping the FH stops a part of that combat(big part) Im trying to get people to stop doing it as much so combat continues.

You're trying to get people to play your way, which is no better than the toolshedder that destroys the FHs to get the furballers to help Win the War(tm).  You're not presenting a viable solution, you're part of the problem.

ack-ack

Offline Bomber49

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2010, 02:49:54 PM »
 :joystick:  There is no greater joy than dropping all fighter hangers! It must be done!
You simply cannot win this war without heavy bombers, period. If all the hangers are down...how can they possibly defend it?

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2010, 02:54:47 PM »
Pff I think solutions are pretty easy. I.E. back in AWs you have the Pacific maps, I forgot which one it was. There were 3 air bases from 3 countries in 1 square. All three were uncappable, you could de-ack but couldn't kill hangers. If I remember correctly, it was so long ago! It's like AHII TT, but those 3 bases would be uncappable with indistructable hangers. Most the time that was where the furballers were   :D
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2010, 03:13:26 PM »
Pff I think solutions are pretty easy. I.E. back in AWs you have the Pacific maps, I forgot which one it was. There were 3 air bases from 3 countries in 1 square. All three were uncappable, you could de-ack but couldn't kill hangers. If I remember correctly, it was so long ago! It's like AHII TT, but those 3 bases would be uncappable with indistructable hangers. Most the time that was where the furballers were   :D

The original AW had only 6 capturable bases around the center big lake, 3 neutral airfields and 3 neutral vehicle bases.  Rest of the bases were destroyable but not capturable.

ack-ack

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2010, 03:19:27 PM »
I'm with JunkyII on this whole thing.

I'm a little tired of putting up a fight for 5 minutes, having some some jerks come over in lancasers, and have each of them drop 42x 1000lb bombs on a single FH (14x3=42). Just because your skills aren't up to actually fighting for a base doesn't mean you should go drop the FH's.

Another example:

Yesterday, we were getting hoarded, yet still putting up a hell of a fight. Some guy who I killed several times comes over and levels the FH's (I climbed up and killed his buffs). Just because YOU aren't good at the game doesn't mean you should wreck it for others.

Same with bomb****s and V bases:

They come over at 15k (like there is usually fighters at a Vbase), drop the VH's, THEN a hoard of tanks come by and camp the hanger. Only after all that crap is done do they bring an M3 in.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2010, 03:34:20 PM »
The devil lives in all FH's and we need to do our duty :old:
Ex wives live in VH's so if you feel the need  :old:

Yes i agree but i can see where the other guys point of view
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2010, 03:52:27 PM »
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 03:54:05 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2010, 04:44:51 PM »
I'm sorry but if you're going to :cry over getting your hangers dropped then go kill the bombers.  They called that air combat too ya know.  Isn't that what the game's all about... air combat?  Well?  Go combat the bombers.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2010, 06:36:02 PM »
I'm sorry but if you're going to :cry over getting your hangers dropped then go kill the bombers.  They called that air combat too ya know.  Isn't that what the game's all about... air combat?  Well?  Go combat the bombers.
Its actually quite easy to miss a set of bombers coming into the base, and actually quite easy for bombers to use the darbar from the fighters and hide at thee edge of a sector.

Also, since I started playing...there seems to be alot less tactical typing on the Range channel.

You're trying to get people to play your way, which is no better than the toolshedder that destroys the FHs to get the furballers to help Win the War(tm).  You're not presenting a viable solution, you're part of the problem.

ack-ack
I already suggested possibly making it so you have to kill something else before you hit the FHs, like VH radar and ords.

Tell me this....Whats the difference between hitting Town buildings and hitting a hangar?

I haven't changed my mind on anything, I recognize that people will play as they choose and these players are playing within the bounds created by HiTec in his game world.  Maybe you should stop worrying how others play but I doubt you will since there's no drama in that.

ack-ack
Come on ack ack lets not be a hypocrit........you've started more crap on 200 and the bbs then I ever will....
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"