Author Topic: New Fun  (Read 1094 times)

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
New Fun
« on: June 14, 2010, 02:32:38 AM »
Ok so I was playing tonight and I was having a really bad time flying and wasn't having any fun so I decided to up at 85. Well the spawn was camped as it always is no matter which country owns the base just north of it. Anyways I kept getting killed, so I finally decided to try and have some fun dying lol. Keep in mind I was the only one upping at the spawn. Well I decided to up a jeep. I started driving like a crazy man. I didnt' care how many times I got killed. All I know is I gave some of my buddies and a couple of new guys I haven't meet before a hard target to hit. After a lil bit they started using there pintle guns on me lol. Some more bish finally started to up at the spawn at that point I really didn't care to kill anybody I was having fun acting like an idiot, so I kept playing around in my jeep. After a lil bit longer a rook pms me and said he was gonna up a jeep. Well we got together and decided to have a race in the middle of a battle lol. We drove up the hill at the spawn. Well he counted out 3 2 1 and go. We took off down the hill. I was out front (don't know how that happend) Well when we almost got to the bottom I seen a lil mound I decided I wanted to jump. The rook was right behind me. I hit the mound and got some good air. I am sure he had a good view of it. I landed and kept driving. Well when we finally stopped I got popped by a wirble and taht was it.

I guess my point is even though I started off having a really bad night. I was able to turn that around by doing something completely new to me. So if you are having a bad night, try something new without worry of dying in a game, and I promise it will bring the fun back.

P.S. This only goes for the ppl who don't care about there score. If you care about your score I don't know what would help you turn a bad night around. <S> lata.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: New Fun
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 02:44:53 AM »
Jeep racing with your squad is very funny :old:
De ack a field and make a nuisance of yourselves :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 07:48:25 AM »
We used to have jeep races all the time in the old TT. Was a blast seeing a dozen jeeps jumping hills like we were at an enduro or something. And of course we all took supplies for the inevitable rollovers.

<S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 09:55:45 AM »
Yeah I kept upping at that spawn.  Average life span in a tank was less than 30 secs.

I finally started upping lvts just to throw them off.  It didn't work.
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 11:29:54 AM »
PT Boat battles are fun too.   :aok
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 11:35:36 AM »
I remember having a Jeep race around Old Tank Town (the first tank town where there'd be over 100 people from each side gv'ing). That was a ton of fun! The Jeep will always be the most fun gv to ride.  ;)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 11:49:16 AM »
From the mouths of my squaddies come some of the most idiotic and fun ideas! Cajun is right, it's as fun as you want it to be!

Here is a few of my favorites-

Paratrooper attack-everybody ups a plane and deacks an enemy field.  Then everybody bails and runs around field being absolute pests until someone catches on or auto-ack pops.  FUN FUN FUN

Fake carrier attack-everybody ups a plane that would only come off a carrier, flys NOE until you are about a sector out from the target, then pop(out over the water, duh) so the enemy can see the dar.  You would be surprised how many folks up when they think there is a carrier right offshore.  The best part is, there will be all sorts of fellows hunting a carrier offshore that does not exist.  FUN FUN FUN

Mt Vesuvius shore battery-find an airfield under attack where your shore battery can hit your own airfield.  Wait for the enemy vulch to get going good, then start putting those big rounds under the vulchers when they are diving on aircraft trying to get up.  WAMMMO!  It's like a mini volcano right under those vulching planes.  They will never know what hit them!  FUN FUN FUN
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 12:07:40 PM »
Thats so true LC !! :salute   mixing it up alittle and trying new things is all ways refreshing.
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline whipster22

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 03:38:53 PM »
From the mouths of my squaddies come some of the most idiotic and fun ideas! Cajun is right, it's as fun as you want it to be!

Here is a few of my favorites-

Paratrooper attack-everybody ups a plane and deacks an enemy field.  Then everybody bails and runs around field being absolute pests until someone catches on or auto-ack pops.  FUN FUN FUN

Fake carrier attack-everybody ups a plane that would only come off a carrier, flys NOE until you are about a sector out from the target, then pop(out over the water, duh) so the enemy can see the dar.  You would be surprised how many folks up when they think there is a carrier right offshore.  The best part is, there will be all sorts of fellows hunting a carrier offshore that does not exist.  FUN FUN FUN

Mt Vesuvius shore battery-find an airfield under attack where your shore battery can hit your own airfield.  Wait for the enemy vulch to get going good, then start putting those big rounds under the vulchers when they are diving on aircraft trying to get up.  WAMMMO!  It's like a mini volcano right under those vulching planes.  They will never know what hit them!  FUN FUN FUN

a fake carrier attack idea some one fake the cv loction on 200 and boom you have all the enemies looking for a nonexistent CV
just dewbing up the bbs
baby seal

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 03:53:09 PM »
I remember having a Jeep race around Old Tank Town (the first tank town where there'd be over 100 people from each side gv'ing). That was a ton of fun! The Jeep will always be the most fun gv to ride.  ;)
Ah, the old TT with 2D canopy trees, how I miss thee.

I still just have fun turning with an enemy in the 234. Most of the time they can out turn you, but sometimes they just try to shake you off. Usually pretty funny staying 400 off them for 5 minutes!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 04:30:44 PM »
only one thing can be said in response to the jeeps...

Quote from: SEbongo
JEEP WARS!
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline swift

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 05:57:14 PM »
lol r u trying 2 mess up ur score lol u r crazy man straight crazy
Taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Even though it enters into the midst of a thousand of them, it gives no attention to any bird than the one it first marked.

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 07:04:46 PM »
Nope just don't care for score IMHO I believe having score in the game takes alot of fights away which takes the fun to me out of the game. To many times I come across what I think will be a good 1v1 only for me to saddle up on the con's six and for him to run out or to his friends. I am in the game for a fight. That can be backed up by me not caring about dying, especially when I get a brand new cartoon plane or gv lol. Now if people play for their score that is fine it is their $15. I will just hassle them on 200 to try and make them turn and fight. That is a tactic I use to get a fight. Alot of ppl can't stand it, but usually after I get killed and do my lil rant I will give them a <S>. I don't care to hold grudges against ppl. I just like to talk sh*t and have fun. <S> all.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 08:09:23 PM »
I find that if you forget about your score then you'll have 10x the amount of fun in AH.

I love doing all sorts of crazy stuff in the MA. My favorite thing to do is to organize a massive buff raid only to salvo off 24 x 100lbs bombs down the runway at a busy base.  :D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 09:10:55 PM by Beefcake »
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 08:14:36 PM »
I find that if you forget about yout score then you'll have 10x the amount of fun in AH.

I love doing all sorts of crazy stuff in the MA. My favorite thing to do is to organize a massive buff raid only to salvo off 24 x 100lbs bombs down the runway at a busy base.  :D
Hehe Grizz SunBat and I did that in 88s a couple days back. We actually got a couple. Then ditched our drones and ended up killing an IL2 and 109 with the little pea shooter front gun :)

Beefcake, reminds me of Frame 4 TFB!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com