Author Topic: X36 Question : triggerred gun cam...  (Read 510 times)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
X36 Question : triggerred gun cam...
« on: September 05, 2000, 09:30:00 AM »
Is there a way to link the gun trigger to the gun cam ?
something like :
gun triggered
Alt-R
delay 25 seconds
Alt-R

but without having another Alt-r to be sended ?
(I've plenty of 2/3 second films now   )

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2000, 02:51:00 AM »
Punt!
no way ?

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2000, 05:41:00 PM »
Salut cousin!

(Je vais continuer en anglais pour le bénéfice des autres, mais je peux traduire en français si tu préfères.)

Seems to me there's a thread below speaking of exactly that.

I don't think there's a practical way. Think about it. If you ask the Saitek SGE software to wait for 25 seconds then send another key, will you be able to use other controls (buttons) during those 25 seconds while SGE waits to send another command?

I haven't tried it. But I have read somewhere (some review) that some bad things can happen if you lock one of the switches or rotary buttons with some undesirable command.

For example, the other night I lost my up and down views, and all my throttle controls, trim, buttons and throttle itself. I was not able to control the manifold pressure, and couldn't even shut down the engine. Thank God for RPM, I reduced it to minimum to reduce speed enough so I could land. The only way I found to stop the engine was to ram my plane's nose on the runway while slowing down, else I would have had to bail from my plane.

I'm pretty sure I know why that happened. I had recently configured one of my rotary buttons to <spacebar> (brakes) AND <shift>-<c> (dive break). And I left it on during combat. After a couple of minutes I lost control on all throttle functions (buttons and all).

I'm going back to brakes only on that rotary button.

It was suggested to use a button as toggle for the recorder. The Launch button for example.

------------------
DrSoya
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
Part of the Northolt Wing (First Polish Fighter Wing)

[This message has been edited by DrSoya (edited 09-06-2000).]

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2000, 04:19:00 AM »
Salut cousin   hehe  

Effectivly I've been unable to program the stick to behave like I want   to bad ...

I currently use another buton but it's not great as I often forget to start recording or stop it  
I will post about in the www.saitehelp.com  forum ...

For example, the other night I lost my up and down views, and all my throttle controls, trim, buttons and throttle itself. I was not able to control the manifold pressure, and couldn't even shut down the engine. Thank God for RPM, I reduced it to minimum to reduce speed enough so I could land. The only way I found to stop the engine was to ram my plane's nose on the runway while slowing down, else I would have had to bail from my plane.
I'm aware of this border effect ... it has happended to me last night in a knife fight with some pilots of the JG2 ... got shot down  

I will un-map the rotary to avoid this king of surprises  

In my mapping I use the 1st rotary for clipboard zoom control and the 2nd to look to the right or the left ...

cya in air