Author Topic: Spain epic fail  (Read 349 times)

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
Spain epic fail
« on: June 16, 2010, 04:34:38 PM »
*facepalm*

In all honesty. the Swiss just capatilized on one of there few oppurtunities and spain simply could not respond. The swiss defense was very solid though, and the style of pay between the Swiss and the North Koreans was very similar in their defensive methods.

The Spanish have pretty much done themselves in now. They need to win both of there remaining games to have any hope of getting past the pool stage. A draw will not cut it.
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline SirFrancis

• Nickel Member
Re: Spain epic fail
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 04:39:20 PM »
Hasta la Swiss-ta, Spain!  :D

‘CO2…makes the planet greener’

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 04:41:00 PM »
Game didn't really phase me...Spain just got into a cluster F near their goal and Swiss got lucky. But that happens a lot, out of the few games I've watched, none of the goals were "perfect, high corner shots", they were all goalie mistakes and what not.

But Spain had a really nice shot that bounced out of the cross bar.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline SirFrancis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 04:46:15 PM »

So did the Swiss as well.
‘CO2…makes the planet greener’

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 04:51:50 PM »
So did the Swiss as well.
Saw that as well. Damn cross bars :) .

i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 06:04:43 PM »
Game didn't really phase me...Spain just got into a cluster F near their goal and Swiss got lucky. But that happens a lot, out of the few games I've watched, none of the goals were "perfect, high corner shots", they were all goalie mistakes and what not.

Luck?   No way in hell.   The Keeper panicked and got burned.    He should have stayed put.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 01:24:31 AM »
Spain were all over them and even more so after they went behind.  They still looked a quality team but Torres needs some more match sharpness.

It made for a very entertaining game and The Swiss have a good team.  They have done very well in youth tournaments recently and their striker is an example of that.

I was pleasantly surprised by the uruguayan match last night aswell.  2 consecutive matches that were intense and fun to watch  :rock  maybe the WC has finally started  :)

It is very difficult to break down a well organised 2 banks of 4.  So many of the underdog teams have adopted this approach to stifle their more gifted opponents.  This is what football is about though tactics and teamwork.  Even the crappiest of teams can get a result because anything is possible!

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 03:13:35 AM »
or rather than try to use his legs to swat the ball, the Keeper should have used his chest and arms to try and grab it.   Had he done this, the odds would have been more in his favor.  I missed the last 15 minutes of the Swiss/Spain match.   But, the Swiss were not "lucky".   They had limited scoring, but made theirs count.

The Uruguay match was great to watch and it quelled a lot of the "Host Country may advance to the Quarters" talk.   They are very lacking in a couple of areas.   In four more years?   Possibly.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC