Author Topic: VOX Discipline  (Read 2179 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: VOX Discipline
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2010, 04:29:49 PM »
theirs nothing wrong with mics, and theirs nothing wrong with the check'6 button...

I'm just saying theirs no need to make people use mics if they don't want to, some people might be having a bad day, and a person who starts shouting out loud check'6s !! is not really cool, people just want to enjoy fighting we some peace at times, it would be insane to have mic chat and mic checks all the time anyway, I'd get annoyed if such a thing would happen.

You might as well just use a vox with your squad buds if you need good communication.

up until your posts to this thread, everyone else was posting to offer help, Buck..... not one single person here in this thread has made a post requiring or even demanding for "everyone" to use a mic or to use the "check 6" feature.....

sorry to hear that you got in with a squad or group that demanded you to have a mic, I am appalled at that very thought...... hope you did not join them or stay with them for a reason like that.....

but no reason either, to ridicule the meaning & posts of this helpful topic either......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2010, 04:41:03 PM »
up until your posts to this thread, everyone else was posting to offer help, Buck..... not one single person here in this thread has made a post requiring or even demanding for "everyone" to use a mic or to use the "check 6" feature.....

sorry to hear that you got in with a squad or group that demanded you to have a mic, I am appalled at that very thought...... hope you did not join them or stay with them for a reason like that.....

but no reason either, to ridicule the meaning & posts of this helpful topic either......

Why would you be "appalled" at the thought of a squad requiring that it members to have vox capabilities?  Not trying to start something, just curious why such a little thing would be so significant that one would have to be appalled at the thought of it.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2010, 04:55:39 PM »
Why would you be "appalled" at the thought of a squad requiring that it members to have vox capabilities?  Not trying to start something, just curious why such a little thing would be so significant that one would have to be appalled at the thought of it.

Fred

for it tells me that he was required to have to spend money to be in a squad, if he did not have a mic, or might even not have money to splurge for something that is not required to play this game.....

text has surficed for 20+ years....... not everyone is wealthy to go spend money that might be required to do... to join a squad...

so let me change that word "appalled"  to "shocked"  if that suits ya...... same difference

if it is not "required" by the game, then I see no reason for a "squad" to make demands like that......

but then again, that is my own personal view, not a view of HTC or the AH Training Staff..to be perfectly clear on the matter....

I stand by my post

edit: just to add, their are some people who play this game and are deaf, another reason for me to be shocked at the thought that some squads demand their members to have a "mic"......
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 05:01:02 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2010, 05:01:34 PM »
for it tells me that he was required to have to spend money to be in a squad, if he did not have a mic, or might even not have money to splurge for something that is not required to play this game.....

text has surficed for 20+ years....... not everyone is wealthy to go spend money that might be required to do... to join a squad...

so let me change that word "appalled"  to "shocked"  if that suits ya...... same difference

if it is not "required" by the game, then I see no reason for a "squad" to make demands like that......

but then again, that is my own personal view, not a view of HTC or the AH Training Staff..to be perfectly clear on the matter....

I stand by my post

edit: just to add, their are some people who play this game and are deaf, another reason for me to be shocked at the thought that some squads demand their members to have a "mic"......

You don't have to change any words for me.  I was just simply curious.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron, My Little Pony
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2010, 06:33:02 PM »
Just to be clear, this isn't about requiring anyone to do anything but as Madda says, and I find the same thing as well, that when people start talking and checking each other, the bad guys get cleaned up pretty quick.

That would make this a "good thing" to promote, not require. Even if you don't have a mic, you can benefit from the information that is flowing around.

The delay is a bit that we don't often figure on, because when you are just playing alone, you don't notice it. Like Wraithe, my son often plays next to me and we have seen delays of up to 3-4 seconds on messages. That makes the useful chatter even more valuable since presumably all friendly players would have a better idea of bogies in the environment and could be on guard.
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers
Longest continuously operating MMO squadron
Serving your target needs since 1990
They thought it would be a disgrace to go forth in a group.  Each entered the forest at a point that he had chosen where there was no path and where it was darkest. La Queste de St G

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2010, 07:20:55 PM »
Never mind :(