Author Topic: Upgraded to Win2K Pro, Have problems. Help =P  (Read 699 times)

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Upgraded to Win2K Pro, Have problems. Help =P
« on: November 18, 2001, 03:10:00 PM »
Well, upgraded to win2k pro, got the video, sound and stuff working perfectly... then came the joysticks. And the Pain!

MS FF2 - Installed ok

Suncom Throttle : Driver dont work in win2k (WTF?). Anyone have this driver?

CH PRO PEDALS: Win2k does not detect it as CH PRO..it just says USB Human Interface Device. ARGH!.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2001, 06:09:00 PM »
Hi Tac

Upgraded to Win2k Pro last week, love it.

From the reading I've done on the usenet (comp.sys.pc.games.flightsim etc) the Suncom's are just junk.  If you get them to work, you are doing good.  If they don't work, getting them to work is a miracle.  I had a Talon here that would reboot the PC every time I had it on (activated the PC speaker and all).

Suncom makes some real landfill.  

Good luck, I had no trouble making the MS stick work (just hit "detect").

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2001, 08:25:00 PM »
I've got a gamepad that shows up as a "USB Human Interface Device" and it works perfectly even though it doesn't say "Gravis Gamepad blah blah".  Do the CH Pro pedals work for you?  

I've used both the analog and USB versions with Win2k and had no problems with either.  My computer detected my pedals as "CH PRO PEDALS USB" in gaming options control panel.  I'm using Win2k SP2 and DirectX 8.0 if that makes any difference.

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2001, 11:28:00 PM »
It might also be a good idea to download and install 'compatability updates' from windows update page.

I'm not sure if any of the updates concern joysticks, but it's worth a try.

Always update your windows, no matter what versio you run. Windoze has more bugs than a gypsy house after breakfast.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2001, 01:13:00 AM »
Have you installed Service Pack 2?

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2001, 03:53:00 AM »
AFAIK there's no drivers yet for any CH USB products to work under W2K.

Offline 38isPorked

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2001, 10:58:00 AM »
Update:

my USB pedals work ok, win2k just detects them as a USB human interface device, but they work

The Suncom Throttle... well, Suncom may do REALLY crappy joystick, but the Suncom Throttle is a TRUE piece of art. Dual Throttle, fully programable..the only downside to it is that it aint USB. But its a GREAT stick, I love it.

I got it to work using a generic win2k throttle driver..unfortunately, I lost the Dual Throttle capability. Suncom went out of bussiness and even though I have the win98 driver, Win2k does not let it install (aaaargh).

Ill download that service pak and see. If not, I guess its either dual boot with win 98 (though I wanted win2k 'cause it does give better framerates and stability) or play without dual throttle  :(

Offline 38isPorked

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2001, 01:12:00 PM »
Update:

Got it working now with 2 exceptions:

No dual throttle *sniff*.

And for some $#@@#% reason every time I press TAB to expand the text buffer, the game "pauses" while it expands it. Really annoying.

Also, my sound sounds... distant. I fire the MG's and its as if I had them at 20% volume...I have them at 100% on AH sound config. The engine sounds fine, so I think its just the MG. Tried MG sounds in many AC, all have the same "distant" problem. And I only have custom sounds on the P-38 =P

btw, did install the service pak and the nvidia frequency fix. Using the latest WHQL DET drivers for w2k from Nvidia website.

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: 38 ]