Author Topic: Nose arts (Upload)  (Read 488 times)

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
Nose arts (Upload)
« on: June 17, 2010, 11:05:29 AM »
Hello all,

This probably should be in the "Wishlist" area, but i didn't feel like posting it there, since its half a wish and part question. I was just wondering if their was a reason why its so long and difficult to upload a 64 x 64 nose art, I've had to reset my squad about 2 times already just to get my nose art to show up for the squaddies, and it takes 2 weeks or more for it to even take place. i enjoy making these arts very much, and was just going to ask, if their is any possible way to make it easier, and faster.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Re: Nose arts (Upload)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 11:17:52 AM »
As I understand it, all uploaded nose art graphics first have to be approved by HTC which takes a little time.  If you do decide to change nose art for the squad you don't need to disband and reform.  Just have your squad members delete the file from their computers and the new one will download automatically in game.

They are located in the Aces High/squads directory and the CO's GameID is the file name. 
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 11:21:49 AM »
They are located in the Aces High/squads directory and the CO's GameID is the file name. 

That's my problem, i know where the "squads" file is, but my members don't, that's why I'm asking for a new kind of system for these downloads to take place automatically, is that possible ? their must be something we can do for the arts to download with out having every squad member to delete them.

Plus i had to cut my numbers down in squad because its way too difficult to get everyone to delete the old art, so i thought by lowering my numbers would be more simple for me, and putting in a new art, i am very disappointed about this  :(
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 11:27:02 AM by Buck »

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 11:45:10 AM »
It's really that hard to direct folks to the Squads folder that the game must be changed?
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 12:11:10 PM »
Your squaddies shouldn't have to worry about it, as long as you do it correctly it will appear for all your members......

I think......   :uhoh
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 12:22:53 PM »
It's really that hard to direct folks to the Squads folder that the game must be changed?

When you don't have a forum, and you don't have their emails. yeah it just might, also their busy a lot and they don't put much time into the game like most do, so i really don't have the time myself to go Babbie sitting just to say (Delete my dumb logo... please !  :lol  :(  :cry  :furious).    :D

What I'd like to have is, where i can delete it myself and self only, it would save lots of trouble.

If this cannot be done, i would appreciate if "Skuzzy" or "HiTech" would just say so.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 12:25:26 PM by Buck »

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 12:43:16 PM »
But you have a nice avatar at least.....  :aok

(Delete my dumb logo... please !  :lol  :(  :cry  :furious).    :D

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 04:28:13 PM »
But you have a nice avatar at least.....  :aok

well i guess i can always turn to that to upload new arts :lol.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 04:32:26 PM by Buck »