Author Topic: switching sides just to locate a cv  (Read 2598 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: switching sides just to locate a cv
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2010, 05:47:54 PM »
Whatever Joe ...Its people like you that give me motivation to log as many hours as possible and be a pain in the neck whenever possible <S>
:cheers:
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2010, 08:09:37 AM »
    I have no problem with people switching sides. There are so many out there who play with 2 accounts at the same time that it doesnt really matter.

~AoM~

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2010, 04:43:21 PM »
Whatever Joe ...Its people like you that give me motivation to log as many hours as possible and be a pain in the neck whenever possible <S>

Amen Dogtown!!!!

Forget about it Dogtown. I'm sure that you know that some  people using these forums make up for their bored, lonely, pathetic existence by trash talking anyone they can regardless of the topic. I am not sure why they do it. Maybe it gives them joy. Maybe they think that everyone is impressed by their wicked wit and humor.  I read the comment that other guy made. It takes a real winner to come up with something like that. I am sure that everyone reading the forum was highly impressed with this comment:

"He's telling you that you're not yet experienced enough with the game to participate in the general forums, and that you should stick with the help & training section for a few years.

Real Genius That Guy Is!!!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 04:47:01 PM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2010, 07:44:04 PM »
I love how we're using skill in a combat sim as the base for social status   :rolleyes:.

...i am so cooler than you.

no you're not. I've got 735 kills in this tour so far.

Someone actually tried to pull rank on me yesterday. He was pissed because I told him to shoot the M3's before they drop troops as opposed to the troops when they are released when in a man gun. He told me to look at our ranks. He was 200 lower than me overall, and I was FAR lower in GV's (172ish as opposed to 890 or so).

When I told him, he said "well I hardly ever GV". And the fact is if NEVER fly attack sorties, rarely fly bombers, and I GV about twice as often as I fly fighters, and have put far more work into my skills as a tanker.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2010, 08:47:52 PM »
I love how we're using skill in a combat sim as the base for social status   :rolleyes:.

So then I poo-pooed this one guy having a better combined rank by simultaneously chest-thumping my own single-category rank, thereby making it a wonderful pot-meets-kettle moment.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »

...i am so cooler than you.

no you're not. I've got 735 kills in this tour so far.

Someone actually tried to pull rank on me yesterday. He was pissed because I told him to shoot the M3's before they drop troops as opposed to the troops when they are released when in a man gun. He told me to look at our ranks. He was 200 lower than me overall, and I was FAR lower in GV's (172ish as opposed to 890 or so).

When I told him, he said "well I hardly ever GV". And the fact is if NEVER fly attack sorties, rarely fly bombers, and I GV about twice as often as I fly fighters, and have put far more work into my skills as a tanker.
You fly Nit don't you?

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2010, 12:37:17 AM »
Nope lyric1, I WAS bish, but then I went rook for my new squad, the 49th FG.

And E25280, my point isn't that I'm better than that guy (according to rank), but that he shouldn't be using rank as grounds to tell me to shut up, when I had a better score in the area relevant to the argument. In fact, we shouldn't be using rank as grounds for anything.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2010, 06:32:43 AM »
Nope lyric1, I WAS bish, but then I went rook for my new squad, the 49th FG.

And E25280, my point isn't that I'm better than that guy (according to rank), but that he shouldn't be using rank as grounds to tell me to shut up, when I had a better score in the area relevant to the argument. In fact, we shouldn't be using rank as grounds for anything.
FLAMEEEEE TIMEEEEE
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2010, 07:01:48 AM »
I have a cool sign for that

Lighten up Francis

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2010, 07:04:15 AM »
I took a shower, ..I hope I don't rank..I think I got that right?
999000 <S>

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2010, 12:39:59 PM »
Oh, I think I see why lyric thought I flew knit. There is a NEMESIS, or Nemesis, or whatever the hell he's using, that flys knit. I'm now 49Nem in game.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2010, 10:42:24 PM »
In fact, we shouldn't be using rank as grounds for anything.  But I'll gladly point out my exact GV rank anyway, just to make sure everyone knows how awesome my rank is.  I think I prefer Kettle to Pot.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2010, 03:15:58 PM »
Love the "holier than thou" act E25280 . So, what exactly did i do to piss you off. Come on, it has to be something. That or your just in a pissy mood, and you see me as an open target  :headscratch:.

And I didn't point out my exact score, I got it down to within 50 or so (from what I saw in game). I just gave the numbers so people like you wouldn't go "oh your exagerating, I bet you were about even", and you know you would. I personally don't care about rank past it letting me keep a CV away from a shore battery.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2010, 08:51:41 PM »
And I didn't point out my exact score, I got it down to within 50 or so (from what I saw in game).
Placing "ish" behind 172 means it wasn't exact?  :rofl  OK, if you say so.

"My GV rank was quite a bit better" would be non-specific.  "Mine was 172 "ish" and his was "around" 890" is a very poor attempt at disguising your bragging.  But that's beside the point that you decry using rank to set oneself above another, and yet you did that exact thing. 

Pot, meet kettle.   :aok

Love the "holier than thou" act E25280 . So, what exactly did i do to piss you off. Come on, it has to be something. That or your just in a pissy mood, and you see me as an open target  :headscratch:.
You haven't made me angry or anything of the sort.  These boards have a very high noise to signal ratio.  You seem to like to contribute to the noise part.  There are quite a few who do that, but you seem especially prolific.  Your incessant yammering, often without point or contribution, just means you've left a lot of opportunities to comment on it.

(Of course, by commenting, I suppose I am contributing my own noise . . . Perhaps I'll claim the frying pan since pot and kettle seem to be taken.)

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2010, 09:06:12 PM »
I saw a "1" on the front end, and I know it was over 150. I probably remembered it down to the tens for maybe 2hrs after that. I be that if you ask me what my score was 2 months later, I would say 200-300. I DO know his score was around 890, because 890 is just 10 off from 900 and so, not too hard to remember.

For me, under 400 is a good tour (at least in the past), and I try to shoot for a 1:1 KTD as well. Past that, I don't much care if others have a score of 1 and 23:1 KTD's just, so long as I keep improving.

And I'm glad I didn't unknowingly piss you off.