Author Topic: Joystick and Rudder Opinions  (Read 468 times)

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
Joystick and Rudder Opinions
« on: November 18, 2001, 10:31:00 PM »
I have a Logitech Wingman 3D joystick whose rudder twist has recently flaked out on me.  What suggestions or opinions does everyone have on the various joysticks (and / or rudder pedals) available?

Tango, 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Wingnut_0

• Copper Member
      • http://www.Luftjagerkorps.com
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2001, 10:43:00 PM »
If your satisfied with your current stick, why not save yourself some money and get a cheap racing wheel device.  You can use the pedals as rudder pedals.  

I've been using a FFB2 with cheap pedals quite awhile now and quite satisfied.  But that depends whether you want to spend the money on a fancy button pushing stick and pedal set or not.

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2001, 09:06:00 AM »
Wingnut- thanks for the tip.  I was looking at the CH Pro USB pedals and gagging at the price  :).  Your idea sounds good.  How smoothly does using pedals work?  Have you had any problems with calibration, etc. with your pedals?

Tango, 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Wingnut_0

• Copper Member
      • http://www.Luftjagerkorps.com
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2001, 04:45:00 PM »
I bought an Interact V3 at Wal-mart for 30 bucks.    

I just loaded XP up on my system so I had to add it as a 4 button joystick as V3 suggested.  Windows calibration was way more jumpy than under win98 but once I got it setup in AH and tweaked the sliders for it, it works with np and no spikes.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2001, 06:51:00 PM »
I like CH hardware, but their customer service sux.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?