Author Topic: Help! MAJOR joystick spiking  (Read 684 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Help! MAJOR joystick spiking
« on: September 06, 2000, 03:21:00 PM »
  All of a sudden my system has chosen to start spiking. It's bad too, all axis' are spiking.  I can't fly at all!  I re-installed windows yesterday and that's when the spiking started.

Does anybody know a way to stop spiking?  I've got to buy some new gear, but I can't afford it right now and I can't fly with this spiking.  Anybody know about USB?  Is it good? Do they make pedals, throttles and sticks for USB?

HELP!    

Udie

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2000, 03:34:00 PM »
That's wierd!  Same hardware, just a fresh OS install?  Do you have more than one game port in your system...one that used to be disabled using it's windows driver, which could now be enabled and conflicting with the game port you're using?  What kind of card do you have your joy plugged into now...game card or sound card, or...?

SOB

[This message has been edited by SOB (edited 09-06-2000).]
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2000, 03:36:00 PM »
Did you change the "poll with interrupts enabled" thingy in the gameport setup?

popeye
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2000, 03:45:00 PM »
 I think it's the gameport spiking not the stick.  I was just in the AH stick config thingy and all axis' spike at the same time.  Like looking at a heart beat machine    It's the only gameport I have in my system.  I think I have an old TM gamecard, think I should try it? I remember I hated it when I first got it.

I still have my old sound card too so I'm going to try it too.  I wonder if the PCI slot my card is in could be causing it.

Udie

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2000, 04:20:00 PM »
cc...try your old sound card.  No need to play around with the ACM Card, as gettting that to work with your current sound card is probably more trouble than it's worth.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2000, 07:28:00 AM »
When I use a windows calibration utility for  JS calibration, I get spikes, when I use a DOS-based calibration utility, works like a charm.  Hope this helps.

Another option may be to use your sound card port.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2000, 09:33:00 AM »
Udie, did you get latest ver of DX7 reloaded after reloading windows?