Author Topic: how to look at your skins in aceshigh hanger??  (Read 927 times)

Offline DERK13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
how to look at your skins in aceshigh hanger??
« on: June 18, 2010, 04:47:18 PM »
ok i made a simple little skin on a spit16 looks kool but its nothing im submitting, im new at the skin thing so im just testing it out. i can see the skin i created in aceshigh skin viewer but not in the game. any advise on how to view them and fly with and view them in the game

RedTail

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: how to look at your skins in aceshigh hanger??
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 05:12:57 PM »
Skins have to be submitted to and approved by HTC in order to use them in-game. 
All skins have to be historically accurate.  Meaning they fought in the war.  This also means no red Spit16 with Darth Vader painted on it.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 05:25:11 PM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 05:17:56 PM »
You can't use your skins in the game. This may change when we get the H2H arenas again. Skins must be historical and must be submitted for approval by HTC. Many aircraft already have a full set of skins and there is a backlog of skins already submitted that we won't see for years according to Skuzzy.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 05:42:12 PM »
There must be a way to use them offline...

I could swear I've seen pictures and/or videos with custom skins offline that would never make it (or had yet to be submitted) for online inclusion.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 05:53:43 PM »
ok i made a simple little skin on a spit16 looks kool but its nothing im submitting, im new at the skin thing so im just testing it out. i can see the skin i created in aceshigh skin viewer but not in the game. any advise on how to view them and fly with and view them in the game

There is a way to do this, it's been a long time since I did it though.  Try replacing an existing skin with it.  IIRC the file the skin is from needs to go into the Aces High 'skins' folder, and I think you need a text file in there too...I know all the answers are somewhere on the HTC website, I just don't have the time to go looking for them now.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 07:02:11 PM »
I don't know how many skins there are for the Spit 16 but...
Look in your skins folder to see how many skins you have for the Spit 16. If you have 14, name the folder with your skin in it spit16_15. Etc.
Then make a text file in your Spitfire skin's folder that's called spit16. The text in that file is the name of your skin.
You'll then be able to see it offline.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 08:19:49 PM »
Thanks Motherland, I didn't think about offline. Nice tip.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 09:14:03 PM »
NP
Most skinners like to take in game screenshots of their skins to post in the Custom Skins forum before submission because it looks nicer than in the skin viewer.
Also, there was a time period, I think it was a couple years ago now, that the skin viewer didn't work properly, so we had to work around that :)