Author Topic: June '10 KOTH results.  (Read 4103 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: June '10 KOTH results.
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2010, 10:37:14 AM »
TnDep found a little loophole but WMLute is correct on this issue. What would happen if the two No Joyers got to the fight right after the wabbit was killed? Best to deal with the NoJoy situation as soon as you can. Best policy when you call a No Joy with someone is to fly in the opposite direction from each other.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2010, 06:15:37 PM »
I agree with Lute and you Fuze just making people think alittle since both nojoyers have to go in opposite directions there no way they can attack the wabbit simultaneously. 

Oh...... Tony a hard man to beat in these koths not going to be many in the TOC if he keeps that up
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2010, 11:49:33 PM »
Everyone just has to act like Elmer Fudd, problem solved.

or

Evewyone just has to act like Elmer Fudd.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2010, 07:10:42 PM »
happened today.. me and another guy were both heading towards a wabbit.. we were within 5k of each other.. we nojoyed.. and we both continued towards the wabbit, because the wabbit was even at 6k+ still the closest for both of us by quite a bit. oh I thought I found a loophole to get to easy gang on wabbit! until fuseman told us we can't do that :)

I think I understand the spirit of it, but there probably needs to be something else in the rules like:

*after calling no joy, you must turn away from the person you called nojoy on

or

*after a nojoy BOTH must find the closest DIFFERENT fight (but then who gets to go after wabbit?)

heres a fake radar image i created to show what we were lookin at.. what are we supposed to do?

not that it woulda made any difference for me in the long run :)

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 07:27:52 PM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2010, 07:43:15 PM »
U both could have cancel ur nojoy too.  U both had to agree to cancel though.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2010, 08:03:46 PM »
and even after you cancel your nojoy your closest fight is the one that you just canceled nojoy with so you would have to fight him before you could head towards the wabbit according to the rules.  You both would have to know the rules and know how to accomplish getting to him without breaking the rules.  You each could extend 30 sec. then turn back into your opponent while that opponent then extends his 30 sec basically playing leap frog.  Hey it's not in the rules so you can do it  :D

You can dogpile the wabbit but only if its the closest fight.

That wabbit in question won the koth on that rd.  the beast Kazaa himself  :salute
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2010, 06:37:40 AM »
as far as wabbits are concerned I believe the dogpiling rule should override any NO joy nonsense.

As long as they are 5k from the wabbit then its fair in my eyes.  Otherwise the wabbit can just turn around and kill everyone systematically because the dogpilers are all scratching their heads.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2010, 06:54:55 AM »
In the past I've seen multiple players no joy each other and fly in formation directly over to me for the gangbang.

Where's the skill in that? How can the best player on the night win this happens...

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."