Author Topic: My experience with the TM HOTAS Warthog in Aces High II.  (Read 20432 times)

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
Re: My experience with the TM HOTAS Warthog in Aces High II.
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 10:36:17 PM »
Interesting, this company now shows that they have 11 pre-ordered and 17 incoming... but they also in the past two days pushed back the arrival date from the 15th to the 26th.

http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?action=thispage&thispage=01100200U025_BDE6442P.shtml&order_id=

I take all that to mean its pretty dang sure that they'll be showing up everywhere in stock by the end of this month.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2010, 08:53:23 AM »
Posted by guod over at SimHQ.com

Breaking News!

More details on the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog
The Warthog will be available for USA pre-ordering later this week.
The official Suggested Retail Price is $499 USD.
The expected ship date is October 30th, 2010.

Look for more news on SimHQ soon!

Well that puts it outta my price range for a while, as much as I wanted to grab one I guess I will be hanging in the wind for a bit until the $$$ starts coming down more and more. Even the price that some places have on the pre-order pages of $400 are way out of what I can toss around for a purchase these days like that on one piece of kit.

Yeah I know what you guys are saying and will say....it should be a long term purchase as my Cougar was (I recently sold it) and you should get a long life out of it.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Jenks

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2010, 11:47:32 AM »
I was drooling pretty good until I read this..... "The HOTAS Warthog includes no provisions for connection of rudder pedals, and for now Thrustmaster has no plans to make USB rudder pedals."

I really like my old analog TM pedals, they plug into my Cougar and have a nice wide layout. I don't have a lot of experience with other pedals but the ones I sat down to once were too narrow feeling, and missing the sliding action of mine.

Other than that, pretty cool. I'll have to check the price of the NZT mod again. Either way, it'll be quite a while before I can afford it, but it's nice to dream.

Jenks

p.s. Lew, will you sign my copy of the handbook next time I come to PLand?   :}
MA  The Flying Circus
     Clown in training

FSO  JG11

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2010, 05:32:44 PM »
I was drooling pretty good until I read this..... "The HOTAS Warthog includes no provisions for connection of rudder pedals, and for now Thrustmaster has no plans to make USB rudder pedals."

I really like my old analog TM pedals, they plug into my Cougar and have a nice wide layout. I don't have a lot of experience with other pedals but the ones I sat down to once were too narrow feeling, and missing the sliding action of mine.

Other than that, pretty cool. I'll have to check the price of the NZT mod again. Either way, it'll be quite a while before I can afford it, but it's nice to dream.

Jenks

Sounds like you need to check into Saitek's pedals... wide stance... that slide instead of pivot.  Another option is to convert your old TM pedals.. I'm sure there's some way to do it.  What kind of connector is it?

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2010, 06:21:49 AM »

Jenks

Yes but due to my contract I have to charge you:)
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2010, 09:02:08 AM »
Ordered my today,

with a bit of luck I should have it Thursday or Friday...

Will let you know how it is
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2010, 11:07:22 PM »
Mine shipped from the UK today, hoping to have it in a week!

http://www.flightstore.co.uk/

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2010, 02:16:22 AM »
Pre-ordered mine - now just waiting for it to pop up!! With my obutto cockpit arriving in December and hopefully the Saitek combat pedals too I am looking forward to happy simming times.

As for now I click my way around the DCS-A10 beta cockpit with the mouse!  :x  (gosh - this sim is sooooo grrreat!)

---

JaBoG32_Kirin
Real men fly Radial!

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2010, 10:10:02 PM »
Euros are starting to get theirs delivered at their homes, no surprise there since its apparently made or at least delivered from Belgium.  US sources now say they are getting theirs next week.  Still haven't ordered one myself, I'll let the crazies break them in before I spend money I barely have haha.  I'm a poor student again after all.  Still would be nice to sell my CH Throttle and Stick before the market is flooded with other people unloading theirs due to new HOTASs, lol.

Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2010, 04:45:38 AM »
Mine arrived this afternoon, dratted T.A.R.G.E.T software won't run though, keeps crashing on open (tried compatibility mode and run as admin)

Not to worry, am just using the Aces internal keymapper

Steely

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2010, 09:21:22 AM »
Mine arrived this afternoon, dratted T.A.R.G.E.T software won't run though, keeps crashing on open (tried compatibility mode and run as admin)

Not to worry, am just using the Aces internal keymapper

Steely

I was hoping (and expecting) that we wouldn't even need TARGET for AH, good to know that its true.  But, I'm pretty sure on the SimHQ forums they have instructions for getting the TARGET software to work, it seems the initial release had a bug.  If your only flight sim is AH then you probably don't need it tho.
Boildown

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2010, 05:32:18 PM »
Thanks for that BoilerDown, you're right, there is a trick to it

Keyboard and language settings need to be english/US or it won't work

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3124095/2.html

Salute

Steely

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2010, 04:50:52 PM »
Ok. It's now Nov 02. What's the latest? Anyone know? When and where will the Warthog be available? I'm curious to see who going to carry it, and what the price range will be.

Nutz
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2010, 05:14:13 PM »
They are not producing the Warthog due to production costs and the world wide recession :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario