Author Topic: Anyone have a good AH Saitek X36 Command file?  (Read 547 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Anyone have a good AH Saitek X36 Command file?
« on: December 09, 2000, 01:44:00 PM »
I miss CH products simple click and hit key programing, this new Saitek has got my head spinning, looking for a pre-made commands file for it.  Email in profile is valid.  Thanks!

Offline Robert

• Copper Member
      • http://home.midsouth.rr.com/rwysairwar/
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2000, 04:41:00 PM »
Rip
check the downloads at HTC. that is where i got the ones i use.

RWY

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2000, 08:18:00 PM »
Rgr, got Rangers CF.  Now, I'm trying to get rudders (External Analog) to work, using Bob Church's utility drivers, but when I get to this point:

Highlight the "Saitek X36 Flight Controller USB" and click the Properties button. When the Calibration window opens check that the external rudder pedals control the Rudder axis.

...it still does not move the rudder axis in the X36 set-up.  Both show OK in JS calibration window, any clues?

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2000, 09:59:00 PM »
If you check the Game Controllers configuration panel (or whatever the English name is), Advanced tab, which IDs are your controllers on?

The R_only must be on ID #2, and the X36 on #1.

I don't know for gameport pedals (I'm using CH Pro Pedals USB), but when I follow the procedure and install Bob Church's driver, when I start up my computer the X36 consistantly gets assigned ID#2, and my pedals, #1. For the special driver to work, the rudder pedals must be on ID#2 and the stick on #1. (Finally found how to fix the ID assignment problem, but that's another story.)

Have you checked the UBB board on Ron Hunt's Saitek X36 USB Help Center? I think some people had to buy a cheap gameport joystick to plug on the rudder pedals to make them work with Bob Church's driver; I hope it won't be your case. Check the External Rudder Support forum.

------------------
DrSoya
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
Part of the Northolt Wing (First Polish Fighter Wing)

Offline Stalker

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2000, 08:42:00 AM »
Rip
Check out RWY's home page(in post above yours/profile)
Went months without my TM RCS working w/Saitek setup till I checked out his website

------------------
Damned Stalker
www.damned.org