Author Topic: CiC's PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK ORDERS!!!!!  (Read 932 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
CiC's PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK ORDERS!!!!!
« on: June 19, 2010, 08:50:11 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 04:36:37 PM by Skuzzy »
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline WxMan

• Nickel Member
      • Arabian Knights
Re: CiC's PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK ORDERS!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 04:32:50 AM »
Perdweeb,

Being a CO of a squad, I assume that you have had the honor of being a CiC. As you know it involves is a fair amount of work that must be done with the limited free time one has available. Mistakes happen; misread a line, a typo, even the possiblity of forgetting something. It is rare, but it's happened before and will probably happen again.

For this reason, the Design CM always sends a list of objectives to every CO. It's the obligation of every CO to check their orders against the list of objectives to catch any errors and inform the CiC. Therefore if a mistake occurs and is not caught, every CO involved shares the same responsibility for it as the CiC.

To rail against the CiC, only shows either your laziness or lack of attitude towards your responsiblity for the event.
AKWxMan
Arabian Knights

"The money you payed earns you nothing. You paid for many hours of entertainment you received, and nothing more." - HiTech

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 08:44:06 AM »
EDIT:  Who am I to talk?

Not to sound as I always do sound but, this thread doesn't really help anybody or anything.  An email or PM would have been far more appropriate.  I'm pretty much always a sweetheart on the BBS, but not even I would put something like this up, and I wouldn't allow any of my squadmates to do as such either.  
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 11:14:38 AM by LLogann »
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 09:29:41 AM »
Being a CO of a squad, I assume that you have had the honor of being a CiC. As you know it involves is a fair amount of work that must be done with the limited free time one has available. Mistakes happen; misread a line, a typo, even the possiblity of forgetting something. It is rare, but it's happened before and will probably happen again.

For this reason, the Design CM always sends a list of objectives to every CO. It's the obligation of every CO to check their orders against the list of objectives to catch any errors and inform the CiC. Therefore if a mistake occurs and is not caught, every CO involved shares the same responsibility for it as the CiC.
Bingo! Thanks WxMan.  :salute
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 09:44:48 AM »
Kommando Nowotny, JG 11, and Muppets defended a base that WAS NOT a freakin target. DO NOT let this happen fellas. That is pathetic.

If you looked at the logs, they were using A34 not only as a home base but also to hotpad. Even if they knew it wasn't a target, I would of still protected it to cover my squad mates. Heck, we had some nice fight with some of the Kommando towards the end of frame at another 'non-target'.

Put the drama away, this is a game. Everyone in the game writing orders and managing the event are volunteers.

edit: Also, the three squads you mentioned were attacked by the 332nd in order to keep a nice buffer for the bombers coming to ammo factory. I engaged a few of them almost overtop of the factory and I feel you owe them (and the CiC) an apology.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 09:50:39 AM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 09:50:26 AM »
<< Was cic... Just gonna keep my mouth shut...  And let him vent... : :)
You all followed your ORDERS perfectly.. :salute
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 10:53:37 AM by TUK »
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 10:02:50 AM »
Assignment- Defend A34 (16-8-3) Edit: "Maintain your defense of the base you’re assigned to"

Nothing else there in the orders.

Now was it our fault for not checking yes. Our mistake was assuming the CiC had it under control. An oversight on our part and it won't happen again.

As for the frustration we followed our orders to the letter. The other squadrons did go off and engage other targets. But there was a time when 3 squads circle a34 defending a target for nothing. We did for an entire hour and spent the next half finding a fight. It was an avoidable thing hence the frustration.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 10:19:04 AM by kilo2 »
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Ponyace

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 12:33:12 PM »
Part of the blame is mine (Allied C.i.C.). The orders from the CM did indeed say "attack A 34".

However, as the map shows, A 34 is shown as an active base, but not a target. Instead A 35 is starred. I had already assembled my five strike packages and only needed to assign them a target. I used the map above to do so.

It was an honest mistake, and I am sorry if it ruined the frame for Kommando Nowotny, JG 11, and Muppets.

:salute,
Ponyace

Gatore
Formerly "Ponyace"

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 03:33:45 PM »
Part of the blame is mine (Allied C.i.C.). The orders from the CM did indeed say "attack A 34".

(Image removed from quote.)

However, as the map shows, A 34 is shown as an active base, but not a target. Instead A 35 is starred. I had already assembled my five strike packages and only needed to assign them a target. I used the map above to do so.

It was an honest mistake, and I am sorry if it ruined the frame for Kommando Nowotny, JG 11, and Muppets.

:salute,
Ponyace

We kept wondering why the allied planes were hitting everything around us except the target and basically ignoring us.  I kept dragging JG11 back to A34 saying, "They'll be here any minute..."  The few JG11 planes that did engage were those who broke ranks and went after targets on thier own...and so were overwhelmed and destroyed.

The rest of the group eventually towered in disappointment.

Mistakes happen.  We all have Objectives to cross reference Orders against.  Laying blame helps no one.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 06:02:28 PM »
I buzzed around A34 for a while for you guys, so the lone pony that was being chased by 4-5 G14's was me.  I was hoping to keep any fighters coming from the west occupied, while the bombers got in and out over the ammo factory.  The fact that G14's didn't persue me very long now makes more sense, since they would have been breaking orders to do so.

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 06:45:19 PM »
Copied from axis objectives sent out b4 orders were made...
OBJECTIVES TO DEFEND: A34 in GRID 16.8.3, A44 in GRID 13.9.8, AAA FACTORY in GRID 16.8.7, AMMO FACTORY in GRID 17.7.8, GRUNT TRAINING in GRID 16.6.5.
Axis co's can back me up on this..  Was a mis-communication between all Cic's , cm's , co's .. I apoligize for the confusion, and not cross referencing the map, then checking my objectives with the map...I made my orders form the objectives... Not the map!.. That is my fault.. I take full responsibility for it. Tuk151 (CIC Axis Frame 3)... :bolt:

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:43:49 PM by TUK »
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline saltee

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 02:37:03 PM »
At it takes is one "Aw *hit!" to wipe out a thousand "Atta boys!"

Folks that get so upset about things that happen in AH need to either seek professional help or find another less stressful form of entertainment.

TUK:  I survived both sorties that last frame, so I had a great time.  Nothing but praise for all that made this event (and all others) possible.   :salute