Author Topic: track ir  (Read 2719 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: track ir
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2010, 09:23:04 AM »
Also, with one of the latest AH2 patches, the default center position for TIR is the default saved center position of the cockpit view.  So, without TIR active, move your view around the cockpit and hit F10 to save your normal "centered" view.  Then when you activate TIR, that is the normal "at rest" centered view.

As others have said, you should be able to move your view around naturally and smoothly without any "snap" from one angle to another.  Your TIR profile and the distance/orientation of the TIR camera to the reflectors/led clip makes a big difference.  If the camera is too far away or too high or low, one emitter may overlap another (or disappear from the camera's view) as you turn your head, causing TIR to freeze the view or do something wierd.

In the TIR software, you should be able to view the live "dot view" to see what the camera is picking up.  Move your head around and watch those dots to make sure they don't overlap or disappear within the normal range of motion.  Adjust your camera and/or reflectors accordingly, and tweak your profile so you won't have to move your head so much if you find that you cannot keep your eyes on the monitor to look all the way around.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline FA_Refugee

• Copper Member
Re: track ir
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2010, 03:56:25 PM »
Be aware sunlight can have an adverse effects on TrackIR.  The window in this room isn't too bad at it's angle, but there is mirror in the hallway that reflects a window from the living room and it completely messes with my trackIR so I have to keep my door closed.  So just be aware, but it's easy to work around... unless your girlfriend keeps forgetting to close the d#$% door!  :furious

ditto that...I just got my T IR 5 this week.  The room I'm in has a large window and several framed pictures with glass.  No joy during the daylight hours due to reflection.  Last night with all room lights off and the door closed I had it working fine considering only a basic profile.  I mostly fly at night anyway.
Weizel

"Vodka without beer and truffles is like throwing money in the wind."