Author Topic: SW prec. pro-USB??  (Read 472 times)

Chappie25

SW prec. pro-USB??
« on: December 09, 2000, 10:42:00 PM »
Hello,
I need a little help with trying to calibrate my SW prec. pro with AH.  I am running windows 2000 pro on a PIII 900, with a geforce2 mx.  I am able to calibrate the stick in windows but when I try to fly when playing AH I have no control at all over the plane, it just flies straight!!!  I have tried to install the Sidewinder software but to no avail. When I try and install the software I get an error message, something like, "cannot find file specified-"setup.exe" or something like that.  I will download it again and see what is up wiht that.  Anyway, I hope to get this figured out, I would like to try AH!!
Thanks,
Chappie

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
SW prec. pro-USB??
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2000, 11:09:00 PM »
It does not seem like AH supports USB controllers in Win2000. I haven't seen anyone here that has been able to make AH work with USB controllers in Win2000.

------------------
DrSoya
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
Part of the Northolt Wing (First Polish Fighter Wing)

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
SW prec. pro-USB??
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2000, 07:43:00 AM »
FYI, I think this in a Win2k Issue.  I have a USB webcam that won't run in Win2k either.  I've got all the updates to USB and my mainboard done as well, including all patches.  (It's my server box, not my game box.)

Have you tried it with Direct X 8 for Win2k?

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
SW prec. pro-USB??
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2000, 08:07:00 AM »
 If it was win 98 I would say make sure its selected within AH. I had my pre pro plugged into the gameport, Then i got sick of haveing plug in and unplug it when i wanted to use my gamepad so I  decided I wanted to try and make it work usb, so I plugged it in and after a lot of fiddleing around I finally got it working late lastnight, recognising all the buttons. But even though it still shows up in windows as a pre pro, its a seperate stick as far as the os is concerned, even my profile wouldnt work, i had to create another one. AS windoze thinks its a different stick you have to go into AH setup within the game and select it.
 Probably not your problem but if you had it into plugged into the gameport and just switched to usb, may be worth a try.