Author Topic: Micro SD Card issue  (Read 257 times)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Micro SD Card issue
« on: June 20, 2010, 02:59:50 AM »
My micro SD card is showing that it is write-protected so I cannot add nor delete information from the card. I have looked up solutions and the only two I have come across are check the lock switch (duh) and format the card. Well the switch is not the issue and I have formatted the card and still get the same result.

Anyone familiar with solutions to remove the write-protection?

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
Re: Micro SD Card issue
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 05:18:22 AM »
Issue could be the files themselves, sometimes have built in protection. It could be the card is faulty. You could try moving the lock tab to the halfway mark. It worked for me with with the 4gb card in my md80 micro camera

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 09:07:14 AM »
This happened to me, and I was about to chuck the card when I started checking a couple other cards I have and they all were doing the same thing. Turns out my card reader was junk. Happened over night, one day it was fine, next I got that error. Bought a new reader and all cards were good.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 03:29:42 PM »
found the culprit. A setting on the card reader was making it read only.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 07:22:40 AM »
hmm..... how do you set the lock? for a micro SD card since they don't come with one on them?

use the micro SD to SD card adapter Lock to set it to read only?

forgive me if this ? sounds dumb.. I have never ran across a microSD card with a lock on them from 256 meg to 4 gig in sizes...

only  regular SD memory card types.....

just asking

btw... glad you got it figured out
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 12:55:03 PM »
the lock was on the adapter which looks like a normal SD card with a slot to put the micro card in the back. I have been using my printer to read SD Cards and the printer settings dictated that the SD Card was read only for printing purposes.