Author Topic: pedals  (Read 2446 times)

Offline 1Canukk

• Platinum Member
Re: pedals
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2010, 11:27:35 AM »
Ive been using the Saitek Pro Pedals.. Find them great.. more realistic and easier than a gas pedal setup found on others.. Ive been using them for over 3 yerars and really no issues here.. Joys stick well that's another  story everything been replace with Ch gear , but my pedals still keep on working... :salute

JG11  Sonderstaffel , Geschwader Kommodore

The P51 D was made by the Gods for men to fly. 
 The FW190 D  was made by men, for Gods to fly .

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2010, 12:42:08 PM »
Ok I have a question ... I don't know if you can do this but if you have a set of racing sim pedals, can those be used like rudder pedals?? Just a stupid question.

Not generally, unless the pedals are switchable to rudder mode. This is because most car pedal mode uses a separate axis for each pedal, while for rudder mode, you need the left pedal to deviate a single axis to the left, while pressing the right would deviate it to the right.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2010, 10:25:34 PM »
Ok I have a question ... I don't know if you can do this but if you have a set of racing sim pedals, can those be used like rudder pedals?? Just a stupid question.

Not generally, unless the pedals are switchable to rudder mode. This is because most car pedal mode uses a separate axis for each pedal, while for rudder mode, you need the left pedal to deviate a single axis to the left, while pressing the right would deviate it to the right.

<S>

Depending on the brand the answer is yes.  I have a Logitech Force Pro Wheel/Pedal set (going on 3.5-4 years) that I have been using as a rudder set for about 1.5 years now.  The things have taken more of a beating then I've ever heard of an electronic taking and still work like new (so simple design they never break!).  They come default as a single axis reported however there is an option in the Gaming software for "reported pedals as separate axis" (not sure on exact wording, not at that comp right now), but as a single axis by default they work perfectly for rudder in Aces High. :)

The main problem someone who wants true rudder pedals may encounter is that gas/brake pedals don't counter each other.  You can press both at the same time unlike real rudder that when one is depressed the other pedal counters by coming back at you (can't seem to think of the word for that).  For someone who just wants rudder pedals and doesn't care so much about that though the brake/gas works fine.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2010, 07:37:57 PM »
Ok, I got the pedals and the game port adapter, but when I plug it into the usb port, nothing happens.  I can't seem to find the pedals at all.  Not in game, or in windows7.  I had assumed that it would be a plug and play thing, but nope.  Any idea where I would go about calibrating in windows?
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2010, 07:44:27 PM »
Ok, I got the pedals and the game port adapter, but when I plug it into the usb port, nothing happens.  I can't seem to find the pedals at all.  Not in game, or in windows7.  I had assumed that it would be a plug and play thing, but nope.  Any idea where I would go about calibrating in windows?

When you plug them in, you should see a Plug-N-Pray screen about finding a new USB device.  Afterwards, in the Game Controllers section in Windows, it should show the pedals as the setting you had selected on the adaptor, like a 2 axis, 2 button controller.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2010, 07:48:44 PM »
When I plug them in, I get no plug and play screen.  I did find the ch pedals in the devices, but I can't update or roll back the driver.
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.