Author Topic: New announcement: Radar Settings  (Read 14379 times)

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: New announcement: Radar Settings
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2010, 09:03:13 PM »
You could just kill the radar...

or just not do NOE raids.
Strokes

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2010, 09:04:29 PM »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2010, 09:05:10 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Actually if you are into score above everything else you will be against the new rules... you absolutely need base captures in goons for a good score, and thatS' far more difficult with the new settings :)
Very true.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2010, 09:06:15 PM »
It will still take a co-ordinated attack to take out the FH's and still have something left over for the VH.....which should be the first to go down.... and the town. With just the single dar you will have about 11 minutes to up and build a cap. With dar circles over lapping your going to have more of a warning and so more time to get a cap in place. Fights might actually break out all over the place !

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2010, 09:06:48 PM »
Would be nice not loggin in just to see bish, in control of 1/2 the map all summer. IMO

100ft sounds lil better, but I'm not complaining. :aok
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2010, 09:12:07 PM »
It will still take a co-ordinated attack to take out the FH's and still have something left over for the VH.....which should be the first to go down.... and the town. With just the single dar you will have about 11 minutes to up and build a cap. With dar circles over lapping your going to have more of a warning and so more time to get a cap in place. Fights might actually break out all over the place !
Unless the nits are all defending one base already as soon as you change location they seem to take about 6 base captures later to realize the fight is no longer where it was. :rofl

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2010, 09:26:46 PM »
At the risk of sounding a little foolish, 65 ft does sound a little arbitrary.  Does anyone know if the number has historical relevance?  Imo 100ft would be better.  65 ft, seems almost ludicrous to run a successful NOE at, even at full concentration with perfectly capable cartoon warriors.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2010, 09:29:13 PM »
At the risk of sounding a little foolish, 65 ft does sound a little arbitrary.  Does anyone know if the number has historical relevance?  Imo 100ft would be better.  65 ft, seems almost ludicrous to run a successful NOE at, even at full concentration with perfectly capable cartoon warriors.
Don't know but if I am doing one I am going to have to learn where that 65 is on the dial.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2010, 09:29:53 PM »

I agree with Grizz
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2010, 09:33:30 PM »

Actually almost all kind of numbers have a historic relevance. It all depends on type of dar and installation (and atmospheric conditions). IIRC, the really war home chain radar had indeed a minimum altitude of 500ft. Other radars had much lower limits, especially over water or flat terrain.
There's a good reason intruders of all nations did skim the see or did fly at treetop level.
A flat 500ft or 65ft limit isn't "realistic" in either case, as the game doesn't check for things like radar line of sight and so on. (And of course: The radar ranges are still totally "unhistoric" ;) )
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2010, 09:34:38 PM »
Don't know but if I am doing one I am going to have to learn where that 65 is on the dial.

it's 8ft over CV flightdeck  :D

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2010, 09:36:32 PM »
Actually almost all kind of numbers have a historic relevance. It all depends on type of dar and installation (and atmospheric conditions). IIRC, the really war home chain radar had indeed a minimum altitude of 500ft. Other radars had much lower limits, especially over water or flat terrain.
There's a good reason intruders of all nations did skim the see or did fly at treetop level.
A flat 500ft or 65ft limit isn't "realistic" in either case, as the game doesn't check for things like radar line of sight and so on. (And of course: The radar ranges are still totally "unhistoric" ;) )

It's just odd that they would change it from 500 ft to 65 ft.  That's going from one extreme to the other in the blink of an eye.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2010, 09:38:26 PM »
It's just odd that they would change it from 500 ft to 65 ft.  That's going from one extreme to the other in the blink of an eye.

Maybe Hitech did play in shades on Sunday and was witnessing the absolutely worst NOE gameplay day in years....  :noid

Offline Sperky

• Copper Member
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2010, 09:40:02 PM »
I dont really mind the radar being stretched out a bit,but I think 65 AGL is a bit too low..I would like to see it at about 150..                                                      Falcon23 :salute

Hey Falcon- you know those goons you were always looking for???  I found one!!!!!   ...hope it's not too late...  :lol

:salute
Sperky
Taco Cat spelled backward is Taco Cat

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2010, 09:40:39 PM »
it's 8ft over CV flightdeck  :D
If I have a 13 foot diameter prop though how much then? :D