Author Topic: New announcement: Radar Settings  (Read 14392 times)

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
Re: New announcement: Radar Settings
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2010, 07:33:28 AM »
Praise God. This will go a long way to thwart the fight-allergic, NOE, milk-running, back slappers. Let's see how much back slapping they do now that they will actually have to fight for fields...<gets popcorn ready>

LOL, you really think a dar change is going to accomplish that.

To all you folks who are just praising this thing as the best thing that could happen, you guys are easily entertained.

I would rather have the hoard on the deck trying for a base then at 30K toolshedding them. But hey you guys know whats best for everyone  :lol

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline iwomba

• Zinc Member
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2010, 07:48:57 AM »
I am neither in favour or against this change.

To me it's just another example of the elite group of whiners who get what they want changed in this game.

Most noe missions succeed solely because very few up to defend.

Like eny , milk runners , tool shedders , hoards & such noe's had been part of the game for many many years & you lived with it.

The game is many things too many people & that is what makes it unique. To whine about the " win the war types " ( which in it's purest form is what this game is/was all about ) from a furballer ( which if this game was about furballing you would only have 3 fields that cannot be captured ) & vice a versa is a waste of space.

I am just not sure what the change is trying to achieve or will achieve or who the change is for.

It has been like this for several years or so & now it needs to be changed? I am yet to be convinced there was a need to change it but then again I don't spend every day on the forums whining about such things.

WOMBA
9GIAP
Sydney, Australia Branch

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2010, 08:11:08 AM »
     So what group of whiners do you belong to?
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2010, 08:21:20 AM »
To me it's just another example of the elite group of whiners who get what they want changed in this game.

Have you any proof for that?
About all things in game are being whined about, so you can throw "HT bowed to the whiners" at almost any change in game.

If HTC really would succumb to whining, we would had

- no arena caps
- a changed collision model
- Spit 16 and La 7 perked

because the "whines" about them outnumbered the NOE whines by several magnitudes.

Most noe missions succeed solely because very few up to defend.

And why is it that way? Most players are not sitting in tower all the time, watching the map. You just can't instantly jump here and there. Especially not if you are severely outnumbered and the enemy is launching NOEs in rapid succession in different parts of the map with 20+ pilots each.

And that is what probably caused the changes - "abuse" of that feature. NOEs are fun to fly and (for me) often fun to defend again... they can break a stale map position and get another front, another fight going. Personally I never asked for them to be removed, I always had much in in trying to guess the next attack and to go goon hunting...

But last Sunday was a prime example of what's going wrong. One side was completely outnumbering the other one, and only then the NOE'S started rolling. And not just one or two. It went on for hours, always rapidly switching target at the first sign of resistance. For gameplay, this was a catastrophe.

Just to emphasize again, I'm not completely happy with the change... but I do see where it came from.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: June 23, 2010, 08:28:21 AM »
Have you any proof for that?
About all things in game are being whined about, so you can throw "HT bowed to the whiners" at almost any change in game.

If HTC really would succumb to whining, we would had

- no arena caps
- a changed collision model
- Spit 16 and La 7 perked

because the "whines" about them outnumbered the NOE whines by several magnitudes.

And why is it that way? Most players are not sitting in tower all the time, watching the map. You just can't instantly jump here and there. Especially not if you are severely outnumbered and the enemy is launching NOEs in rapid succession in different parts of the map with 20+ pilots each.

And that is what probably caused the changes - "abuse" of that feature. NOEs are fun to fly and (for me) often fun to defend again... they can break a stale map position and get another front, another fight going. Personally I never asked for them to be removed, I always had much in in trying to guess the next attack and to go goon hunting...

But last Sunday was a prime example of what's going wrong. One side was completely outnumbering the other one, and only then the NOE'S started rolling. And not just one or two. It went on for hours, always rapidly switching target at the first sign of resistance. For gameplay, this was a catastrophe.

Just to emphasize again, I'm not completely happy with the change... but I do see where it came from.

Even if that were the truth. You would never get any proof.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2010, 08:29:32 AM »
I am sure the non-furballers will adapt and respond to the changes, they always have done in the past.

There are ways to overcome the latest changes and I'm sure some of the more 'adept' guys will realise them within a short time.

Would be kind of funny if all it led to was a huge increase in hoard sizes and FH's being dropped all the time.

Lusche - Many, many times when I played I (in fact most of the 367th, and others) bailed out of planes to up against an NOE.
Upping against an NOE or capped field and successfully defending it was very satisfying.
You just had to completely forget about your score.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2010, 08:33:20 AM »
2 or 3 competent people coming in at 15,000+ will have a decent chance.  Couple that people hitting the dar at several bases; and with a distraction NOE mission to cause confusion.  The point is that this won't change anything the hordlings as you call them will still figure out ways to have "gamey" game play.  While it will be harder to do NOE base grabs it is still entirely possible but now it's going to be even worse for the furballers because the FH will be dropped. Every time.  Some might figure that this change unfairly targets them and their style of game play so they decide to play fun police.  Some will say if my way has been "nerfed" lets ruin the furballers fun.

Already the wheels are turning to figure out new ways to take bases. In the quick sketch you present above variation has been added to the game for the attackers and the defenders. This is good for everyone and this is what many of us have been encouraging the large horde squads to do.  I hope the land-grabbers invent all kinds of new techniques for bravely capturing land. The best thing that could happen is that the rest of the players care that they are doing it and battles occur over that precious cartoon real estate.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2010, 08:34:48 AM »
I am sure the non-furballers will adapt and respond to the changes, they always have done in the past.

There are ways to overcome the latest changes and I'm sure some of the more 'adept' guys will realise them within a short time.

Would be kind of funny if all it led to was a huge increase in hoard sizes and FH's being dropped all the time.

Lusche - Many, many times when I played I (in fact most of the 367th, and others) bailed out of planes to up against an NOE.
Upping against an NOE or capped field and successfully defending it was very satisfying.

See my post above.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2010, 08:35:29 AM »

I'm not rtb'ing because of my score. The slightly lower K/D would be more than made up by a huge increase in K/H if I wouldplay that way.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2010, 08:49:04 AM »
I'm not rtb'ing because of my score. The slightly lower K/D would be more than made up by a huge increase in K/H if I wouldplay that way.

Was a general observation about scores, not aimed specifically to you.
But you know many many play for the score.

Frankly I think 65ft is taking the ****, 150-->200 would have been a better initial step to see what effects it has.

Many ways to negate the 65ft level, just requires a little guile.

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline iwomba

• Zinc Member
« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2010, 08:52:07 AM »
I rarely get on the boards because it's just the same people whining about this or that or abusing some poor guy about their english or spelling.

I don't remember HTC asking me or anyone actually if noes are a problem that needed fixing. Did I miss a poll that was taken on this?

How many paying members actually use the forum? 10%-5% , or even less ? Hardly a large enough sample to make any decisions from really.

Especially when it is or was considered to be a community controlled game.

I guess it is. It is just a very small part of the community.
WOMBA
9GIAP
Sydney, Australia Branch

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2010, 08:53:57 AM »

Sunday was more like playing 'Whack-a-mole' than anything resembling good game-play. Glad I wasn't the only one to have seen the problem with it.

Careful, Lusche, they are going to put you into the furballer catagory.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2010, 08:56:42 AM »
Frankly I think 65ft is taking the ****, 150-->200 would have been a better initial step to see what effects it has.

I'd agree with you, 150ft is plenty but they would have to remove the auto level option below 500ft for that to become viable.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2010, 09:02:39 AM »
Careful, Lusche, they are going to put you into the furballer catagory.

Als long as I'm still being alternately insulted as a furballer, basegrabber, win-teh-war guy and scorepotato, I'm fine  :D

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 23, 2010, 09:04:04 AM »
I don't remember HTC asking me or anyone actually if noes are a problem that needed fixing. Did I miss a poll that was taken on this?

HTC is only allowed to change things with a poll? Is it us that's owning & running the company or them?  :headscratch:

And again.. what makes you so sure HTC "gave in to the whiners"?