Author Topic: New announcement: Radar Settings  (Read 14395 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: New announcement: Radar Settings
« Reply #255 on: June 24, 2010, 05:55:18 PM »
Why do you care if some guys displays prowess against some object that doesnt move? Are you paying their subscriptions? What your really mad about is that they refused to give you an easy kill. The score tards want all of the noobs furballing so that they can have the glory of 1000's of kills. Maybe they can have the name in lights on the HTC web site.  Then after some of those guys shoot down the noob, they PM him and trash talk him. No wonder some of those guys leave after their two week trial is over.

Who cares what they do? This is a fine example of the problem. Each person if he is a two week noob or a 2 year experienced player pays his monthly subscription to HTC to play this fun game the way they see fit. Some like to GV, some like to NOE base take. Some like to furball. Some simply enjoy defending airfields with Wirbles. The furballers complained about NOE raids so HTC gave in and changed that. Now I see from another thread that they want the bombers to be perked. Whats next?

Last time I checked this was a combat simulation. Not real. Some of these guys think it is real. Why don't people play there game the way they like to play it and not worry about what the other guys are doing. Even with NOE missions going on there are always plenty of furballs to get into. I dropped hangers in the middle of a furball awhile back and the local armchair general came on  channel mad as heck about it. I told the armchair general that I didn't recall him paying my monthly subscription fees to HTC. When he starts paying them we can then discuss his complaint.

I love this game it is addicting. My wife doesn't like it at times. At the end of the day it is only a game. If you don't like NOE raids why don't you defend your bases against them?  Most of the guys complaining are the score hounds who probably play with their flight suits on, and wear a fighter pilot jacket when its 100 degrees outside, and are still mad because the Air Force wouldn't accept them into flight school.

I do not really like to fly fighters. I enjoy attack planes,and attack missions,  GV's and bombers. It is starting to look like the only acceptable way to play the game is to fly in the furball.

No one's stopping you from playing "your way". HTC doesn't do things anyone's way, they do what they feel is best for game play. If what you say is true, there would be no ENY. Go count all the "I hate ENY" threads.

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2010, 06:04:28 PM »

No one's stopping you from playing "your way". HTC doesn't do things anyone's way, they do what they feel is best for game play. If what you say is true, there would be no ENY. Go count all the "I hate ENY" threads.
Salute Bear76. I dont mind the ENY thing. Makes you try out different planes. That's how I learned to fly the Mossy!!!

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #257 on: June 24, 2010, 06:23:29 PM »
Why do you care if some guys displays prowess against some object that doesnt move? Are you paying their subscriptions? What your really mad about is that they refused to give you an easy kill. The score tards want all of the noobs furballing so that they can have the glory of 1000's of kills. Maybe they can have the name in lights on the HTC web site.  Then after some of those guys shoot down the noob, they PM him and trash talk him. No wonder some of those guys leave after their two week trial is over.

Nobody is against toolshedders or trying to prevent anyone that enjoys bombing to engage in such activities.  This is not the reason why the changes to the radar were made, HiTech pretty much explained why he made the changes.  It was done to improve the game play in the main arenas and now it actually takes some skill to engage in NOE raids.  Notice those crying the loudest about the changes are the ones not skilled enough to be able to fly NOE or have the intelligence and fortitude to adapt to the new changes?  I sure have.

From HiTech himself. 
A few simple thoughts.

1. Best way to win a war is to hit the enemy where they ain't.

2. Best way to have fun in a combat orientated game is to have combat.

3. Attacking undefended targets is not combat even though it is the best strategy to win.

Who cares what they do? This is a fine example of the problem. Each person if he is a two week noob or a 2 year experienced player pays his monthly subscription to HTC to play this fun game the way they see fit. Some like to GV, some like to NOE base take. Some like to furball. Some simply enjoy defending airfields with Wirbles. The furballers complained about NOE raids so HTC gave in and changed that. Now I see from another thread that they want the bombers to be perked. Whats next?

As the creator, developer and owner of the game, HiTech the right to make adjustments to improve the game however he sees fit.  He saw how some of these large NOE hords were causing some issues with the game play and made the necessary changes to improve the quality of the game play.  He was forced to make these changes because the community couldn't do it itself.  If players like you didn't insist on being so timid and purely use NOE missions to avoid combat while 20-30 guys steam roll an undefended base, HiTech wouldn't have been forced to make such changes.  So from where I look at it, you and others like you are the reasons why this was done.  You're to blame, not the furballers.

Last time I checked this was a combat simulation.

Since this is a combat simulation, why do you have your panties twisted in such a bunch over this?  If combat is your aim, you'd be happy that these changes help promote combat. 

Another point from HiTech about how the changes encourage combat.
5. Defense now has more warning on a strike and time to organize a  defense, so now we are more likely to have an offense and defense playing against each other instead of 2 offenses playing by themselves.

Why don't people play there game the way they like to play it and not worry about what the other guys are doing.

You should follow your own advice (see your below comment) otherwise you just come off as an incredibly large hypocrite.

Even with NOE missions going on there are always plenty of furballs to get into. I dropped hangers in the middle of a furball awhile back and the local armchair general came on  channel mad as heck about it. I told the armchair general that I didn't recall him paying my monthly subscription fees to HTC. When he starts paying them we can then discuss his complaint.

You were upset because there were fellow countrymen enjoying a good furball and not playing how you wanted them to play and help you attack/capture the base.  So you decided to show "The Furballers(tm)" and destroy the fighter hangers and ruin their fight and now they'll be forced to help you capture the enemy base. 

You won't want others to worry about how others player as long as they're playing your way.  Say it with me...H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E.

At the end of the day it is only a game. If you don't like NOE raids why don't you defend your bases against them?

4. This is a game and not work or war. Expecting some one to be on defense with no idea if a strike is coming is not a legitimate expectation.  Hence, you should defend your field is not a legitimate argument if it requires some one to do a very boring act with no guaranty of combat.

Most of the guys complaining are the score hounds who probably play with their flight suits on, and wear a fighter pilot jacket when its 100 degrees outside, and are still mad because the Air Force wouldn't accept them into flight school.

Because you have a very tough time understanding the reasons, I'll post HiTech's own words again.  If I typed it slower, would you understand?

2. Best way to have fun in a combat orientated game is to have combat.

3. Attacking undefended targets is not combat even though it is the best strategy to win.

It's really not hard to understand the reasons for the changes.

I do not really like to fly fighters. I enjoy attack planes,and attack missions,  GV's and bombers. It is starting to look like the only acceptable way to play the game is to fly in the furball.

Oh please, stop with the girlish drama.  These changes does not stop you from flying a bomber or getting into a GV.  The only thing stopping you is your lack of ability to adapt to the changes and instead of adapting, you resort to hold your breath until your face turns blue in the hopes the changes will be reversed.  Well, I'm happy to say that these changes aren't going to be reversed and you better learn to adapt to the changes or be prepared to hold that breath for a very long time.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 24, 2010, 06:32:46 PM »
Hm... I have to admit, the longer I play, the less i like the increased radar ranges...  :uhoh
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #259 on: June 24, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »
I agree wiht You Sky25,

Astonished to see how many people defend new settings only
as support of their (sometimes bad/good) philosophy.

I played until now: made good kills, sometimes happy to see more apparently movements and variety of machines uses,
but I'm not happy as before. A bit borrowed. This, for me, still means that new settings
couldn't be definitively. Why apparently? Because flying furballing all the time this happened.

We Bishops attack hi buff as always.
Same things as in past times, except that few ppl noe missions becamed more borrowed,
without an appreciable increment of fun (avoid this tree, avoid those others. Sombody call this a demostration of skill).
For precision, I defend all the time tonight (killing a strange kind of player
 named chewi coming from Padania!  :rofl very dangerous and vindictive  :joystick: ).
So, perhaps, Bish who played noe missions can add something new.

Still perplex about ppl who speak about whining, or noe hotards and so on.   :noid

Hey, Hitech if You publish these posts, probably You became more reach. If so remember of us pls.   :lol

I suggest a title: Posts from a virtual world!  :rofl
Preface by Ghost!?

English visioned by myself!?

:salute

« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 06:54:09 PM by lulu »
mobilis in mobile

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #260 on: June 24, 2010, 06:42:17 PM »
I must be thicker than I thought - as Im really not seeing what the big deal is. I can see how the range increase could cause a few issues, but the dropping from 500 to 65ft?

Come on guys, whilst noe's were utilised in WW2, they were not every single attack. No one can accuse me of being a furball elitist, as I do what I like, when I like, in what I like (and yeah, see sig for details)

If you cant fly noe all the time, come up with an attack plan - send in 1 brave soul to despatch radar - leave it 2 mins or so, launch your attack.........sure, that act of taking out radar will give the clue that its being prepped, but no one will know for sure its going to be hit.

Use a bit of ingenuity, stop whining (its giving me a headache  :D) and at least give it a week or so to settle down...

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #261 on: June 24, 2010, 06:56:11 PM »
Can I shake Your hand gpwurztel?

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #262 on: June 24, 2010, 07:00:37 PM »
I must be thicker than I thought - as Im really not seeing what the big deal is. I can see how the range increase could cause a few issues, but the dropping from 500 to 65ft?

Come on guys, whilst noe's were utilised in WW2, they were not every single attack. No one can accuse me of being a furball elitist, as I do what I like, when I like, in what I like (and yeah, see sig for details)

If you cant fly noe all the time, come up with an attack plan - send in 1 brave soul to despatch radar - leave it 2 mins or so, launch your attack.........sure, that act of taking out radar will give the clue that its being prepped, but no one will know for sure its going to be hit.

Use a bit of ingenuity, stop whining (its giving me a headache  :D) and at least give it a week or so to settle down...

Wurzel
+1
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #263 on: June 24, 2010, 07:43:06 PM »
  Notice those crying the loudest about the changes are the ones not skilled enough to be able to fly NOE or have the intelligence and fortitude to adapt to the new changes?  I sure have.

ack-ack

Thanks Ack-Ack, You made my point exactly. Because I do not like the new NOE and Radar changes you automatically say that I cannot fly NOE, you turn it into a skill thing. Actually, I am very capable of flying at tree top level. My squad is very good at it as well.  Or you make some really Genius comment about the persons lack of intelligence. Then you pull out the word Fortitude, and say that I do not have that as well.  Basically what you are saying is that I must play the game your way or I lack skill, fortitude and intelligence. Or if someone makes a comment about the game that you disagree with they are crying..

Sorry Ack-Ack, I didnt mean to offend the Aces High elite like yourself!!!!

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #264 on: June 24, 2010, 08:08:02 PM »
Basically what you are saying is that I must play the game your way or I lack skill, fortitude and intelligence. Or if someone makes a comment about the game that you disagree with they are crying..

Sorry Ack-Ack, I didnt mean to offend the Aces High elite like yourself!!!!

Your reply isn't helping in your defense.

Basically, I corrected your incorrect assertions that these changes were the sole result of 'The Furballers(tm)" crying to HiTech to change things.  I provided, in HiTech's own words, why these changes were made.  I also pointed out your hypocrisy (i.e. You're the one that demands others play your way or hit the highway) and the fact that you insist on whining about the changes instead of sucking it up and adapting. 

You're just upset because you can no longer do the 20-30 man NOE raids on undefended bases and avoid combat.  That is the simple truth.  Learn and adapt or get off the pot.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #265 on: June 24, 2010, 08:23:30 PM »
Radar at 65 feet now?  Damn it.   :mad:

I was just about to start a new Spit XVI NOE horde squad - "The Rainbow Coalition".   
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #266 on: June 24, 2010, 08:42:29 PM »
Radar at 65 feet now?  Damn it.   :mad:

I was just about to start a new Spit XVI NOE horde squad - "The Rainbow Coalition".   

Recruiting should be easy  :D

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #267 on: June 24, 2010, 08:50:27 PM »
Recruiting should be easy  :D

You better believe it.  I had 14 wings all filled in, ready to go.  ;)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #268 on: June 24, 2010, 08:59:07 PM »
You better believe it.  I had 14 wings all filled in, ready to go.  ;)

What's it called? CJ Lite? :D

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #269 on: June 24, 2010, 09:00:28 PM »
CJ's Gimp.  :lol