Author Topic: HTC give us the choice!!!!!!  (Read 10777 times)

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
Re: HTC give us the choice!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 11:28:38 AM »
You need to read..... I never said vote, again for you, I said TWO ARENAS, one with the new rules, and one without. Let the players have a choice, and see where it leads. why does this bother you? if the players want to furball let em furball, I cant see the problem with this!
One arena where opposing players are alerted to the number and direction of an attack and up aircraft to defend a base.One arena where auto ack and buildings are the defenders.Does this sound good to you? :headscratch:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 11:31:28 AM by usvi »
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline Sperky

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 11:34:37 AM »
You need to read..... I never said vote, again for you, I said TWO ARENAS, one with the new rules, and one without. Let the players have a choice, and see where it leads.
:lol

You're asking everyone to choose which arena would be their favorite... so, yeah they're voting.
Taco Cat spelled backward is Taco Cat

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2010, 11:52:21 AM »
I see it this way......

Furballers..................  love it
Base takers...............  Hate it
Gv'rs........................  could give a crap

Fine leave it the way it is, but i will let you know what will happen, jabo and bombing of hangers to end furballs

Endless time on each map till TT

Constant pork runs on dar

Just one more level till arcade style play. Why not just put up whole country in lights so we can see where all the enemy are.

Oh yeah because of the increased ord activity.....Perk bombs!

And for all the "afraid to fight" people.....Why cant you stop the base take? cant get your country together to put up a defense???????? whine to hitech to change the rules some more, you have'nt killed the fun just yet.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2010, 11:53:10 AM »
I see it this way......

Furballers..................  love it
Base takers...............  Hate it
Gv'rs........................  could give a crap

Fine leave it the way it is, but i will let you know what will happen, jabo and bombing of hangers to end furballs

Just one more level till arcade style play. Why not just put up whole country in lights so we can see where all the enemy are.

And for all the "afraid to fight" people.....Why cant you stop the base take? cant get your country together to put up a defense???????? whine to hitech to change the rules some more, you have'nt killed the fun just yet.

NOE hoard weenies would attack a field that had the greatest chance of NOT being seen.
(combat scares them)

They would pick a base furthest away from any enemy dar bar as they could find in hopes that nobody would see the base flash.

It isn't that the country being attacked couldn't put up a defense.  If someone happened to be looking at that particular remote sector of the map, upped to check on it, and found the dweebs inbound then that NOE mission was doomed.

As has been proven by the whining of players like you, if those NOE dweebs have to fight to get a base they are going to fail at it.

Heck, now that sneaks are almost impossible, it is has been proven that they can and will defend that base and stop that weenie hoard in its tracks.

I personally find it quite funny that all of these so called "Base Takers" are not able to capture a field if it is well defended.
(heck, even slightly defended)

It just goes to show that, outside of surprise and overwhelming numbers, they don't have a clue how to capture a field.

Where is this "strategy and tactics" that I have heard so much from these types?  For years now they have pounded their chests saying things like "we are the best base takers in the game" and turns out they had one trick in their bag and w/o it they are all but helpless.

I also disagree with "Base Takers = Hate It".

I am a base taker and I love it.

You should change it to "Unskilled Noob Base Takers = Hate It"
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 12:09:42 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Online Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2010, 12:03:47 PM »
NOE hoard weenies would attack a field that had the greatest chance of NOT being seen.

They would pick a base furthest away from any enemy dar bar as they could find in hopes that nobody would see the base flash.

It isn't that we couldn't put up a defense.  If someone happened to be looking at that particular remote sector of the map, upped to check on it, and found the dweebs inbound then that NOE mission was doomed.

As has been proven by the whining of players like you, if those NOE dweebs have to fight to get a base they are going to fail at it.

I personally find it quite funny that all of these so called "Base Takers" are not able to capture a field if it is well defended.

It just goes to show that, outside of surprise and overwhelming numbers, they don't have a clue how to capture a field.

Yup

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2010, 12:09:13 PM »
(combat scares them)

It isn't that the country being attacked couldn't put up a defense.  If someone happened to be looking at that particular remote sector of the map, upped to check on it, and found the dweebs inbound then that NOE mission was doomed.

Heck, now that sneaks are almost impossible, it is also been proven that they can and will defend that base and stop that weenie hoard.

Where is this "strategy and tactics" that I have heard so much from these types?  For years now they have pounded their chests saying things like "we are the best base takers in the game" and turns out they had one trick in their bag and w/o it they are all but helpless.

I'm inclined to agree.  The only thing I don't really care for is the range, but, as Uptown said, "Adapt and Overcome".

Oh, and I'm primarily a base taker/defender ("defender" being probably the most important at times)
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2010, 12:12:42 PM »
You need to read..... I never said vote, again for you, I said TWO ARENAS, one with the new rules, and one without. Let the players have a choice, and see where it leads. why does this bother you? if the players want to furball let em furball, I cant see the problem with this!

While I do think the new changes were too drastic, your idea for two arenas is terrible.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2010, 12:17:05 PM »
Just fly offline. God forbid anybody actually put up a defense!! God forbid you actually have ENEMY near you!!!!! ON NO!!!! The horror!

Flying offline you get all the thrill of sneaking up on an undefended base and taking it, but without any of the hassle of worrying about silly things like ENEMIES... or PLANES....

Nothing about NOE missions (before this radar update) was skillful. Nothing about it was brave or heroic or even worthy of notice. It was a nuisance that was abused 99 times out of 100, an attempt at milk running.

Well guess what? You can milk run all you want offline! And you get just as many perks as you deserve (read: none).

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2010, 12:27:23 PM »
While I do think the new changes were too drastic, your idea for two arenas is terrible.

Why?.........afraid im right?

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2010, 12:29:52 PM »
Why?.........afraid im right?

Nope, its just terrrrribbllllllllllllleeeeee eeeeeeeee.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2010, 12:31:15 PM »
crapola i've just run out of popcorn   :uhoh
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2010, 12:32:31 PM »
afraid im right?

Just because your idea is unpopular does not mean you have discovered some deep hidden truth and those who oppose your idea are drinking the kool-aid.  Some ideas are, for lack of a better term, bad.

Yes, the higher NOE would be fuller.  Why?  Because it's the path of least resistance.  That doesn't mean it's better for the game.

Bruv-  Milkdud?  *offers bag*

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2010, 12:34:51 PM »
I really really hate the new dar settings!

They are not realistic AT ALL!

To back that up, radar today CANNOT see an aircraft in terrain at 65 feet, in many of cases it cant see you at 1000 feet in higher terrain without the aid of a transponder equipped aircraft.

The dar rings you have now overlap fields and you cant even get off of the base without someone seeing you up on THIER radar.Bombers used to be able to fly deeper into enemy territory and the enemy had to at least look for them now they can go directly to them withe the extended range of the rings, and unless you fly the bombers at a higher altitude(time to climb takes away some enjoyment) you cant make a normal run.

I understand that you want to balance things out, but this shifts everything to the furballers.

65 feet is way to low, it slows the game down and it has a decidedly "arcade feel towards it" now.

I can go on and on how it will affect the game and I really hope you take this to heart, PLEASE give us the choice, one arena with the new settings, one without and see how the numbers stack up with similar maps.

The forums are a great way to voice an opinion, but many people dont read them and wont voice an opinion, one way or the other.
PLEASE GIVE US THE CHOICE !!!! one arena with and one without and let the player numbers decide the fate of the new settings

if i'm not mistaken, radar is "line of sight". this means, that as long as there are no tall buildings, or mountains, or other obstruction, then....yes....yes it can and will see you at 65 feet.

the transponder on an airplane BTW is NOT what makes it visible to radar. it is there to help ATC identify you when you :squawk: a code given to you by atc. otherwise, they're usually on 1200.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2010, 12:36:35 PM »
Problem with starting to break the arenas up past a manageable state (current era arenas are manageable):

Imagine HTC being the herd dogs and the customers are the herd.  The role of the herd dogs is to manage and maintain profitable game play by keeping the herd together.  Now imagine the herd dogs letting the herd break into smaller and smaller sub herds.  Problems start when the herd dogs start losing their  ability to manage the herd as effectively.  Soon there are small herds running all around and no dogs to herd them into the profitable game play.

Or something like that.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2010, 12:36:41 PM »

already happens

pretty much already happens

already happens

most the tards that go for the Dar are in 190's and use canons anyways so they can run like hell after they hit it.

As pointed out, when the dedicated NOE squad tards have a large map they run to the most unpopulated section. By the time someone actually pans out to see that portion of the map it's usually to late, they then run to the complete other side of the map and repeat.