Author Topic: HTC give us the choice!!!!!!  (Read 10773 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: HTC give us the choice!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2010, 12:40:40 PM »
You had to start a new thread about it? What does that get you?

flamed  :devil

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2010, 12:44:49 PM »
NEVER and I mean NEVER were those types of bombers used as "tactical air support". .

Operation Cobra saw the use of 8th AAF B-17s, B-24s and B-26s being used in the tactical support role to support the break out from Normandy. 

ack-ack

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2010, 12:49:01 PM »
Why?.........afraid im right?

Anytime a controversial arena decision is made they should split the arenas eh?  So after 4 controversial decisions we'll have to have 8 arenas to accomodate all the different combinations of settings.  YEAH GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2010, 12:54:42 PM »

And for all the "afraid to fight" people.....Why cant you stop the base take? cant get your country together to put up a defense???????? whine to hitech to change the rules some more, you have'nt killed the fun just yet.

From the mouth of the lion himself.

A few simple thoughts.

1. Best way to win a war is to hit the enemy where they ain't.

2. Best way to have fun in a combat orientated game is to have combat.

3. Attacking undefended targets is not combat even though it is the best strategy to win.

4. This is a game and not work or war. Expecting some one to be on defense with no idea if a strike is coming is not a legitimate expectation.  Hence, you should defend your field is not a legitimate argument if it requires some one to do a very boring act with no guaranty of combat.

5. Defense now has more warning on a strike and time to organize a  defense, so now we are more likely to have an offense and defense playing against each other instead of 2 offenses playing by themselves.

Hence these changes have nothing to do with fur-ball vs tool shedding. But simply about putting offense and defense on a more = level.

HiTech

ack-ack

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2010, 12:58:45 PM »
From the mouth of the lion himself.

ack-ack

Hmm, his breath smells of peperoni. He must have got those pizza's.  :D

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2010, 01:01:37 PM »
Only thing I don't like is the extended range.  I could careless about the alt.  With the extended range of the radar, like someone else said, the radars overlap now between enemy and friendly fields.  As soon as u up from a field, there base starts to flash.  The old range was plenty big enough and gave anybody enough time to up and intercept anything that was coming in.  Especially NOE raids.

Actually, the warning range has not changed.  Yes you can see them on radar, but the base won't start to flash until they get well within the dar ring.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2010, 01:01:56 PM »
People,
If you want to take undefended bases, there are already two arenas for you
1) Offline (hey save yourself 15 bucks)
2) very late at night in the DA (but BillyD and I might fight ya in our ar234s)

no need for all this drama.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2010, 01:02:05 PM »
.......................furballer............................... :furious

Hey!!!  Congratulations, Waystin.   :aok :banana:
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2010, 01:07:21 PM »
I really don't like the new radar either... Go ahead...

FLAME!

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2010, 01:10:10 PM »
  Well, got a good bit of responses, and the most logical one is to adapt.

I guess i was frustrated by the change, and you are right, this could be a good thing.

By the way.....i can fight also, fairly well as a matter of fact! I just liked to change it up every once in awhile.

:salute :salute to all who responded......going to go adapt. ill just need more beer to help :bolt:

Offline Sperky

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2010, 01:16:51 PM »
Operation Cobra saw the use of 8th AAF B-17s, B-24s and B-26s being used in the tactical support role to support the break out from Normandy.  

ack-ack

Very true... however the heavy bombers were @ 15,000 feet IIRC.  I believe that Reschke was referring to tactical operations under 1,000 feet with those aircraft.   :salute
Taco Cat spelled backward is Taco Cat

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2010, 01:44:46 PM »
Quote from: Delirium link=topic=291502.msg3708825#msg3708825 date=1277385078
Or is your goal not to engage the other player but to simply take base after base without any opposition?
[/quote

The same can be said about guys who fly their fighters between 15k and 20k all the time.

They sit way up high and pounce on the lower alt planes that are actually fighting each other.

Avoiding fights??  Yup.

I especially love the alt monkeys that constantly disrupt a good  CV vs base low alt battle.

Apparently they don't really want to "engage" anyone either. :bolt:
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2010, 01:50:03 PM »
NOE hoard weenies would attack a field that had the greatest chance of NOT being seen.
(combat scares them)

They would pick a base furthest away from any enemy dar bar as they could find in hopes that nobody would see the base flash.

It isn't that the country being attacked couldn't put up a defense.  If someone happened to be looking at that particular remote sector of the map, upped to check on it, and found the dweebs inbound then that NOE mission was doomed.

As has been proven by the whining of players like you, if those NOE dweebs have to fight to get a base they are going to fail at it.

Heck, now that sneaks are almost impossible, it is has been proven that they can and will defend that base and stop that weenie hoard in its tracks.

I personally find it quite funny that all of these so called "Base Takers" are not able to capture a field if it is well defended.
(heck, even slightly defended)

It just goes to show that, outside of surprise and overwhelming numbers, they don't have a clue how to capture a field.

Where is this "strategy and tactics" that I have heard so much from these types?  For years now they have pounded their chests saying things like "we are the best base takers in the game" and turns out they had one trick in their bag and w/o it they are all but helpless.

I also disagree with "Base Takers = Hate It".

I am a base taker and I love it.

You should change it to "Unskilled Noob Base Takers = Hate It"

They have no "strategy" or "tactics", all they have is "numbers".   It's been fun busting up Low level mass buff raids.   It's even better when you kill the goon (or three) first and then close in on the buffs.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2010, 02:11:12 PM »
I'm guessing the OP is one of the many WWII radar experts around here whining about the new radar settings. What's truly amazing is if anyone tries to introduce something that actually is realistic these same experts do more than whine and say, it's "just a game".

Wonder how these "experts" would feel with radar rings that reached 150 to 320 miles from center.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2010, 02:18:23 PM »
I'm guessing the OP is one of the many WWII radar experts around here whining about the new radar settings. What's truly amazing is if anyone tries to introduce something that actually is realistic these same experts do more than whine and say, it's "just a game".

Wonder how these "experts" would feel with radar rings that reached 150 to 320 miles from center.

How "realistic" is 65'??

I haven't read the preceding pages and I really have no idea.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP