Author Topic: bomber guns.....  (Read 11431 times)

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
Re: bomber guns.....
« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2010, 08:45:34 AM »
practice aiming and aim for the wing root, sets them on fire everytime.(bombers)

You need to practice your lead and use angles and or practice from coming vertical where it is harder for the gunner to shoot you down.

Bad practice is to climb to a bomber and try from the bombers 6.

There are people in here that are very good shots with the guns from bombers and hard to shoot down.

The bomber I dislike to try and shoot down the most is high alt b 26.
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: July 18, 2010, 06:13:06 AM »
Neither one of them (sarcasm/criticism) is helpful. Nemisis is still young and desires to learn more about the game. I dont believe for one second that 11 pages of sarcasm helped him one bit. Surprisingly it was mostly the bomber pilots that offered help but of course after the second page of grief I decided to stop reading the bloviating (and bloviating is the primary reason the BBS doesnt have more qualified input).

NO worst than you using hyperbole to qualify your arguments.
See Rule #4

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #167 on: July 18, 2010, 09:19:34 AM »
practice aiming and aim for the wing root, sets them on fire everytime.(bombers)

You need to practice your lead and use angles and or practice from coming vertical where it is harder for the gunner to shoot you down.

Bad practice is to climb to a bomber and try from the bombers 6.

There are people in here that are very good shots with the guns from bombers and hard to shoot down.

The bomber I dislike to try and shoot down the most is high alt b 26.

Yeah, the wingroot is always good. A few taters will either set it ablaze or knock it right off.

Offline Fatboy26

• Zinc Member
« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2010, 10:50:05 AM »
I think the OP is correct.  Bombers are too hard to kill and should be nerfed. 

HiTech please nerf bombers by giving us a Me410 :pray

(Actually don't agree with OP, this is an epic thread and the opening was there....)
Proudly campaigning (screaming, whining, begging, pleading) for the addition of the Me410 to AH2

Fatboy

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2010, 02:17:42 PM »
I think the OP is correct.  Bombers are too hard to kill and should be nerfed. 

HiTech please nerf bombers by giving us a Me410 :pray

(Actually don't agree with OP, this is an epic thread and the opening was there....)

Well it would be great that if you fired at a bomber on the wings and missed most o the wing structure but damaged the two engine's an one was on fire you could put it out with the extingisher or by a dive :) and have the other smoking and also have to feather the prop to stop the wind milling of the bomber's prop. :aok that would be sweeter and also come back with damage like in real life. :aok that would be sweet as well but it shall all come at a steady pace i believe. As with each version HiTech and co are improving the game to give us new twits and hopefully new challenge's within the game :)
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #170 on: July 21, 2010, 06:18:57 PM »
NO worst than you using hyperbole to qualify your arguments.

Hi five Bronk my friend............
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #171 on: July 21, 2010, 09:05:13 PM »

Another thing that would do good for the bombers is Gunner's you know you can get people instead of 1 that way 1 can use the tail and ball turret another the waist and top another the front and bomb aimer.:) that in my thoughts would be a better way. And if you don't have a few comrades spare you can select to have 3 drone gunner's of course they would have to have a certain human element like panic thus not aiming properly and soforth lol forget the last sujestion it be too much computing power but lets have 3 gunner's then you find out how hard it really is to kill B17's and soforth. :) 

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2010, 03:15:07 AM »
In that case I applaud the buff guys for being smart enough and able to do such a thing. The utter majority of buff guys are flying single, with an additional percentage of players trying to fly in formation...but failing at it.

Limiting the number of guns firing is giving single players a notable disadvantage. It's the same of asking HT to remove formations.

Also you have to keep in mind the buff convergence settings. There is a lot of lead in the air, but outside the convergence point (500yds) it's all over the place. Of course a good buff gunner is a dangerous foe... but good buff gunners are much rarer than good gunners in fighters. And I'm sure you won't tune fighter guns down just because few guys are really good at it? ;)

idk - I'm GREAT as a bomber gunner, but I suck in a fighter :P
I love blowing the wing off of an enemy aircraft and watching them spiral to the ground
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2010, 12:49:54 PM »
last sujestion it be too much computing power but lets have 3 gunner's then you find out how hard it really is to kill B17's and soforth. :) 

We're not going to see that happen due to connection quality issues. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2010, 01:01:42 PM »
We're not going to see that happen due to connection quality issues. 

ack-ack

Yeah you are probally totally correct on that but if it was made available Ack-Ack i'd like to see the moaner's that bombers are hard to kill cos then they be 3 times harder to kill.
 :salute :lol

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2010, 05:55:01 PM »
Yeah you are probally totally correct on that but if it was made available Ack-Ack i'd like to see the moaner's that bombers are hard to kill cos then they be 3 times harder to kill.
 :salute :lol

Why would they be harder to kill?  All guns that bear will fire in the direction you point them now.  Convergence issue?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2010, 09:30:23 PM »
Why would they be harder to kill?  All guns that bear will fire in the direction you point them now.  Convergence issue?

wrongway

You have 3 guys shooting at you think man 3 guys 1 guy controlling the Tail Gunners 1 the Ball gunners the other waiting in the top turret waiting for you to climb up above them. 3 chances to die then. :)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2010, 02:27:32 AM »
You have 3 guys shooting at you think man 3 guys 1 guy controlling the Tail Gunners 1 the Ball gunners the other waiting in the top turret waiting for you to climb up above them. 3 chances to die then. :)

You, alone are in the tail gun shooting.  All the drone's tail guns fire when you do (3).  The Top gun also fires when you fire the tail gun when the top gun can "see" the target (3 more).  Same for the ball turret.

What were you saying again?  Your three gunners firing three guns verses my six guys?   :rock

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2010, 03:06:00 AM »
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2010, 10:38:49 AM »
You, alone are in the tail gun shooting.  All the drone's tail guns fire when you do (3).  The Top gun also fires when you fire the tail gun when the top gun can "see" the target (3 more).  Same for the ball turret.

What were you saying again?  Your three gunners firing three guns verses my six guys?   :rock

wrongway

Yes but if you have 3 friends in 3 different gun positions then you will have a hard time cos if one misses you the next will get you. Like it was with Bomber crews.